IGNORED

Deserves a new thread - Dolman PA

Bristol Rob

14 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

OK Dolman-ers...

Do you want the volume (Puts on Brucie voice, Forsyth not the fat Villa manager) Higher or lower?

I think the volume must be about right, it's the absolute lack quality of sound that needs addressing. I don't expect Concert quality just something that is clear. As someone mentions I heard 'would the owner of'.....and the rest was lost. I guess it was an appeal for a car driver but that's all the three of us could guess when we asked each other. 

Well done Community Trust for getting the winning ticket numbers for the HT draw put on the screens for the first time, at least it gave the winners a chsnce if they were sat in the Dolman. 

It's not as bad as the automatic lighting in the disabled toilets. Switches on when you go in. Then off after 5 seconds, ad infinitum. 

Just what you need on a night game when you can't see a sodding thing flapping around to get it to come on again. 

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

OK Dolman-ers...

Do you want the volume (Puts on Brucie voice, Forsyth not the fat Villa manager) Higher or lower?

Both volume and clarity.

If we have more of the latter then we probably need less of the former.

It really is poor. And if they have paid someone to fix it they have failed.

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

The Dolman PA was so bad that I never knew anything about Barry Manilow's ht appearance. I suppose that was the reason for people holding up their phones in tribute during the second half? (What was that about?)

Cheggers Plays Pop meets Johnson Rates Clopp.

6 hours ago, RedM said:

As someone mentions I heard 'would the owner of'.....and the rest was lost. I guess it was an appeal for a car driver but that's all the three of us could guess when we asked each other. 

That was all i heard too. I mistakenly guessed the rest referred to " ...a small child.."

I had left mine in the boot of the car, assumed I had been rumbled and so left, missing the rest of the game unnecessarily.

Bloody farce. Sort the speakers out.

I have a season ticket in the south stand and I think the PA system is worse than last season. We couldn't hear who was coming on for either side last night.

I cant understand why the substitute information is not put up on the big screens or bookings half time stats etc

:grr:

I mentioned at the game last night how pathetic the p.a was in the Dolman. How would they possibly expect to broadcast information in an emergency situation. 

'If you hear this sound, followed by instructions'...... Like anyone is going to understand!

7 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Both volume and clarity.

If we have more of the latter then we probably need less of the former.

It really is poor. And if they have paid someone to fix it they have failed.

Off please. Nothing worth listening to, especially pre-match music. 

8 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

It's not as bad as the automatic lighting in the disabled toilets. Switches on when you go in. Then off after 5 seconds, ad infinitum. 

Just what you need on a night game when you can't see a sodding thing flapping around to get it to come on again. 

Try waving your arms....

Ohhhh....

when you said flapping around. I thought you mean't, ah forget it!

19 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

On a serious note, you ought to flag that with Mark, might just be a timer that needs adjusting. 

3 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

On a serious note, you ought to flag that with Mark, might just be a timer that needs adjusting. 

Probably, but I'll do something else with my time. I'm still waiting for everything else on the list I've raised to be answered. 

On 26/08/2017 at 03:43, Robbored said:

It's a complete shambles.

Why can't MKelly answer the numerous posts about the crap sound? 

He answered on the car park barriers but no response on the previous Dolman sound system.thread.

Shocking customer service.......:facepalm:

He's a manager.

Trained to ignore all the difficult stuff for long enough and they will give up complaining eventually.

But this is OTIB Mark. We won't go away!

Why don't you just reply and inform us that Bristol Sport is aware of this problem (and possible safety risk in the event of an emergency), and let us know if you intend to do anything about it?

Or do you suggest that as many of us may not hear any important safety announcements, we should maybe as a group, inform the relevant authorities? 

Archived