IGNORED

Woodrow/Hinds

Kingswoodactor

10 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

One game missed wont ruin his development.

Pretty sure we're not gonna see Hinds on the bench in place of Woodrow over the next few games unless there's an injury. 

His gametime is going to be limited now that Woodrow has signed, and that for me is extremely frustrating. 

4 minutes ago, cummins17 said:

Come on let's be sensible, as much as I like to see our academy lads get a chance, we can not afford to put a young lad onbthe bench with no experience if we want to actually push on and progress this season 

Why?  Villa were playing 18 year old Davis who was Villa's most threatening player in 1st half and they have much bigger names than us that didn't get picked ahead of him.

Hinds has shown against Plymuff & Watford, something that we don't have in any other player with exception of Joe Bryan - the ability to strike a good shot from outside the box. Well worth a place on the bench for me.

6 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Why?  Villa were playing 18 year old Davis who was Villa's most threatening player in 1st half and they have much bigger names than us that didn't get picked ahead of him.

Hinds has shown against Plymuff & Watford, something that we don't have in any other player with exception of Joe Bryan - the ability to strike a good shot from outside the box. Well worth a place on the bench for me.

Since when did Bryan have an outstanding ability to strike a ball from outside the box? 

Not criticising your point, I just don't recall this ever being a feature of his game? 

As for Woodrow. Useless. Much like Diedhiou. 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Since when did Bryan have an outstanding ability to strike a ball from outside the box? 

Not criticising your point, I just don't recall this ever being a feature of his game? 

Against the gas When we last played, FC Twente pre season, Middlesbrough away a few years back. Just to name a few occasions 

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Joe scored a peach from FK against Twente, hit the bar against Millwall too. Just doesn't often get into shooting positions playing at LB.

It really frustrates me that we have a player Fulham don't want on the bench rather than OUR OWN players hinds and Taylor. 

I really think Hinds should have started instead of Diedhiou who for me had disappointed so far. I'm sure Terry and the other big centre back would rather play against Diedhiou than a young player who is confident and run at them. 

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

always been very able at shooting Joe like the free kick a few weeks ago. maybe wants to be more positive and shoot more often where it become a feature often.. 

Hinds isn't an academy lad, we signed him in Jan for the development squad.  Woodrow has a fee agreed for a perm so he's ours if we want him, he is four years older and has a lot more experience.  If we'd had a second striker on the bench it should have been Taylor.  I'd love to see Hinds carry on doing well but I think he should be going out on loan for this season.

12 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Woodrow's came on twice now and in both games we've lost all attacking outlet and started getting dominated. Don't think he's touched it more than 3 times across both appearances. Exactly what to expect from a Fulham reject I suppose.

This is what worries me. Fulham know a good player when they see one and they're a strong established Championship side.

If Woodrow was good enough, he wouldn't be with us full stop. I'm not gonna get on the lad's back if it's not going well, but it was an odd loan signing IMO. 

30 minutes ago, Harry said:

To be fair, watch his goal v Cardiff at home last year. A supreme effort that gets forgotten because we lost the game. The boy can hit the ball, I reckon.

5 minutes ago, shelts said:

Feel sorry for Heinz if I'm honest. No need for Fulhams rubbish to sit on our bench we have our own to do that . A little worried about Fammy 

Mate don't be worried. I had a tin of their Sausage/Beans earlier and it went down a storm. All is well in that camp. 

Woodrow seems to be more of a defensive forward, in that he'll attempt to pressure defenders. I'm sure it didn't help that when he came on Bobby had practically dropped back into the midfield so was having to work alone upfront, doesn't seem like a lone striker. Seemed we were happy with a point with how we were playing so hard to blame him for not much happening upfront. 

It's such an easy game.  Select Hinds and we'd have exposed Terry's pace.  We would've won easily.  Why didn't Chelsea's opponents for 10-15 years just do what you're all suggesting, e.g. play two nippy strikers, Chelsea would've lost every game.

Not saying Diedhiou was MOTM tonight, but I enjoyed his performance.  He is getting through lots of unselfish (and unseen) work to allow the likes of Reid to benefit.  It's a fledgling partnership, where Reid is getting the glory.  Diedhiou takes the buffeting off of the CBs so Reid can play in the pockets.  Remember Wilbs doing lots of unselfish stuff for Kodjia.  Okay Wilbs didn't come with a £5m price-tag, but Diedhiou is no mug.  Of course he'll be judged on his goal output (by us), but LJ will be judging him on other stuff too.

Woodrow didn't do much when he came on, but we'd lost a bit of initiative at that point.

There were some good performances tonight, a lot of hard graft too.  Bodes well, even if we didn't get the result we just about deserved.

Archived