IGNORED

Joe Bryan

cummins17

Can't help but feel we will do very well to keep hold of him past Deadline day.

If Newcastle were supposedly interested before tonight, I think their interest will of certainly increased. Another outstanding performance from Bryan tonight. Great to see we have two extremely talented homegrown lads coming through in that position. 

4 minutes ago, cummins17 said:

Can't help but feel we will do very well to keep hold of him past Deadline day.

If Newcastle were supposedly interested before tonight, I think their interest will of certainly increased. Another outstanding performance from Bryan tonight. Great to see we have two extremely talented homegrown lads coming through in that position. 

The Bristol kid is class. 

It's all unsettling a la Flint isn't it? Good thing is that If he does go, then Kelly may be a very good replacement. With Flint we already have an abundance of alternatives. Central midfield? Lee, if you read this...... We need that person who can control the game, link defence and the front men. I'm still undecided about the front men. 

3 minutes ago, Marty said:

It's all unsettling a la Flint isn't it? Good thing is that If he does go, then Kelly may be a very good replacement. With Flint we already have an abundance of alternatives. Central midfield? Lee, if you read this...... We need that person who can control the game, link defence and the front men. I'm still undecided about the front men. 

I reckon Kelly will be/is an excellent LB. Personally would like to see Bryan in centre midfield in place of either Pack  or Smith. He played one game their last season (forget which one) and looked great.

5 minutes ago, Otiz Mir said:

Bryan is class. Numerous times tonight he won balls he had no right to win. He reads the game well, he's calm on the ball, and is usually (slightly disconcertingly) one of our biggest threats going forward. One of our most prized assets.

Won't have gone unnoticed tonight on TV. Expect a serious bid before the window closes, I reckon. Heard his interview the other day, and I wasn't too convinced that he'd wouldn't take much persuading to go either. Club has to be strong again with this one.

14 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Not one of his biggest fans in recent years but to be fair he is or has turned into a class player and worth a fortune now.

I've been frustrated by the guy a lot on and off. Sometimes it seems his attitute isn't spot on, but he is a talent and one i think might be on the move sooner or later. It's all about getting the right money really. Selling good players isn't always a bad thing, a lot of really successful clubs have done it.. a whole new argument, I know

I think Bryan has shown a massive improvement this season (only a few games in admittedly) and along with Pisano I think we have a pretty strong back four. They were all very calm on the ball.

Our midfield badly needs some work though. Last season we got horribly exposed down the right and left side, that isn't happening as much now, but other teams are just waltzing through the middle with relative ease. The service into Diedhiou is terrible at the moment, Reid drops back in so isn't as hampered by the bad service.

Still very happy Bryan has shown massive improvement so far.

Less effective going forward but had a few good moments.

There was a point second half today where I thought, fair play Joe I can see why you are the player with the most tackles in the championship so far this season.

Ironic though that it was after a good tackle of his that the free ball was walloped in for their equaliser.

Felt on a number of occasions he wasn't backed up well enough defensively by Paterson.

Archived