IGNORED

Brislington Match Day Park & Ride - How Much?

Xiled

4 minutes ago, Xiled said:

We used the Brislington park & ride for the first time tonight. Charged £4 return despite it saying £3 on the timetable posted by the club:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/media/18875/bus-time-table-ag2.pdf

I thought it was steep at £3 but won't be using it again if it's more. £8 for two adults was too much.

When I used it for the first game I was surprised to pay £4 (I said to the driver that it said £3 on the advert). I thought I'd got it wrong

9 hours ago, Xiled said:

We used the Brislington park & ride for the first time tonight. Charged £4 return despite it saying £3 on the timetable posted by the club:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/media/18875/bus-time-table-ag2.pdf

I thought it was steep at £3 but won't be using it again if it's more. £8 for two adults was too much.

You could get a taxi, try & find parking around the ground, or walk. 

£8 for 2 people to park for the evening and get from Brislington to Ashton Gate sounds like pretty decent value to me. 

7 hours ago, MrBibs said:

Was the service any good last night?

I used it for the Millwall match and it was terrible so found a different way last night. I thought £4 was reasonable particularly as kids go free with a paying adult.

No problem with the service. We got straight onto a bus at both ends. Inevitably both journeys were slow with the evening/football traffic.

I'm more than happy to walk half a mile to the ground so probably won't get the P&R again. But if you want dropping off and picking up close to the stadium then it's better value. £4 is not an incentive for me to use it again.

Used it a couple of times last season, always late (probably due to the impossible 20 minute turnaround). But no concessions are accepted, except OAP and return not great from the gate.

Went  back to the A Bus from temple meads, £1 each way and 3 buses lined up at the end of the match. Top service.

Used the Portway P&R last night. Still 40 of us waiting for a bus at 10.30. Walked straight out after the match, no hanging around. Not great.

Doesn't really work for evening kick-offs if you have a drive to make when you get back to the car park.

Can I win something for the most frustrating journey home last night? I live 5 minutes from Ashton Gate, but last night had to take my goddaughter to her nans in Patchway after the game, so had to sit in the traffic to get to the Portway, then drove all the way to Patchway, then all the way back again (past AG for the second time) and then finally arrived home just before 11pm :sad26:

Archived