IGNORED

Lucky Man City

palmerred

4 hours ago, palmerred said:

The player injured came off the pitch on 90 minutes 39 seconds, sub was on by 91 mins. The whistle should have gone on 96 mins, Man City shouldn't have got chance to score. It came off a Bournemouth attack, watch the ref as the ball bounces out area from Bournemouth chance , he puts whistle in mouth, however Man City breakaway with ball and he doesn't blow. Had Bournemouth regained possession  from their chance the ref was blowing Full Time. He decided to let City have another attack and they scored, totally wrong. Whistle to mouth meant he thought seconds left. He does this on 96 mins 9 seconds. Bent referee 

Bent referee?? Seriously, what a ridiculous thing to say.

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

Bent referee?? Seriously, what a ridiculous thing to say.

Curious isn't it? If he was biased towards City as alleged, why did he send Sterling off?

And Ake could well have been red carded in the first half but wasn't.

Hardly evidence of a bent ref. :facepalm:

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

As I said, I don't like the law, which is particularly absurd when players are carded for taking their shirt off. But it's been in place long enough for players to know how refs will apply it.

Not always easy in the excitement of course but that doesn't make the decision wrong. It's almost inevitable a reaction like Sterling's will be judged excessive, after which the ref has no discretion.

I suspect refs would rather not have the law as it's a bit of a no win and certainly a buzz kill.

Spot on re referees having no discretion. Referees are assessed till the cows come home, so have to follow everything to the letter of the law. Otherwise they get marked down, which in turn can lead to them 'possibly' getting an end of season demotion.

My view on players taking their shirts off, why the hell do they want to do it in the first place, we have had over a hundred years of pro football, why all of a sudden do these players feel the need to take their shirts off when excited, it's beyond me!

2 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Spot on re referees having no discretion. Referees are assessed till the cows come home, so have to follow everything to the letter of the law. Otherwise they get marked down, which in turn can lead to them 'possibly' getting an end of season demotion.

My view on players taking their shirts off, why the hell do they want to do it in the first place, we have had over a hundred years of pro football, why all of a sudden do these players feel the need to take their shirts off when excited, it's beyond me!

1. I have a friend who refs at a good non league level. I read his latest assessment recently and it's daunting in it's detail. He got high marks but I'm not sure I could do it under that level of scrutiny.

2. I take my shirt off at every opportunity, being ripped and always happy to delight the ladies.

Disclaimer: parts of this post may not be entirely accurate. You decide which. :cool:

44 minutes ago, chinapig said:

1. I have a friend who refs at a good non league level. I read his latest assessment recently and it's daunting in it's detail. He got high marks but I'm not sure I could do it under that level of scrutiny.

2. I take my shirt off at every opportunity, being ripped and always happy to delight the ladies.

Disclaimer: parts of this post may not be entirely accurate. You decide which. :cool:

One of my sons does the same as your friend, I know where your coming from! 

As you say, the scrutiny is immense. He gets told when he's to be assessed, and he will tell the captains of both sides this fact as well. The players will then realise there are no grey areas in the game, basically common sense goes out of the window and the rule book has to be totally applied!. 

I do wonder sometimes just how aware the ordinary fans who watch City etc realise what the officials have had to go through to get to Championship level. In most cases it will be 20 years of constantly being assessed and scrutinised.

The hardest job in football, but they get slaughtered for doing it! No ref, no game.

11 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

One of my sons does the same as your friend, I know where your coming from! 

As you say, the scrutiny is immense. He gets told when he's to be assessed, and he will tell the captains of both sides this fact as well. The players will then realise there are no grey areas in the game, basically common sense goes out of the window and the rule book has to be totally applied!. 

I do wonder sometimes just how aware the ordinary fans who watch City etc realise what the officials have had to go through to get to Championship level. In most cases it will be 20 years of constantly being assessed and scrutinised.

The hardest job in football, but they get slaughtered for doing it! No ref, no game.

A mate of mine ran the line a fair few times at AG (he used to ref for the JPT & Conference and was hoping to make the step up to reffing in the league). He ran the line when we played Boro a few years back when we had a nailed on penalty for handball not given in front of the Atyeo - can`t remember the players involved but it was a cross from the right which a Boro player handled on the edge of the box. Anyway, it was on my mate`s side and he didn`t flag for it so it wasn`t given.

He was effectively reduced to the ranks as a result of his assessment and was only allowed to ref conference south and run the line in conference premier afterwards. He`s packed it in now but not as result of that, it was health problems, but it does go to show how strict it all is.

Charlie Daniels scores a goal, karate kicks a corner flag then leans on hoardings, no booking.

Sterling scores a goal, doesn't kick the flag, doesn't make it as far as the hoardings, red card.

Mike Dean has a hard on for himself. Inconsistent and inept referee. 10 other man city players did exactly the same thing as sterling. 

8 hours ago, palmerred said:

Disgraceful refereeing in the Bournemouth Vs Man City match. + 5 minutes, okay there was a minute for an altercation, but Man City scoring after 96 minutes and 43 seconds. The whistle should have been blown on 96 mins.

I sometimes wonder if these refs in the prem play until the likes of City or United score. There is no reasoning for adding nearly 2 minutes extra on for a 40 second talking to with a player.

It's ridiculous that people complain about time. The sole arbiter of time is the referee, not the useless and pointless 4th official with the silly little board both of which should be got rid of. FFS every schoolboy is told in games lessons that you play to the whistle. 

The sending off is in line with the letter of the law but is nonetheless ridiculous. It's frightening that I should agree with Alan Shearer, but there should be room for common sense in an emotional moment. It was the Man City fans he was celebrating with, not inciting the Bournemouth support. 

Can I correct your title to Lucky Man City. I kind of understand calling other clubs city (although City will always be us to me) but on our own forum surely City should be referring to us. 

Anyway, from the bits of video, I can find difficult to be too hard on the decisions. A bit harsh in places but you can see why the decisions were made. 

8 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Afobe was injured in injury time. Probably added that on but for me, did play far too long. Also the foul on Mousset wasn't a foul and should've played Bournemouth in for a chance to win. The foul led to the goal and Sterling shouldn't have been sent off. Didn't go into the stands but to the edge and the fans spilled onto the pitch. Mike Dean is a terrible referee and I dong understand why he still does premier league matches. This screamed of match fixing. Not saying that's what happened but everything in injury time went Man City's way it seemed

Be very careful. This screams of Libel, despite you stating that you're not saying that's what happened.

21 hours ago, palmerred said:

Disgraceful refereeing in the Bournemouth Vs Man City match. + 5 minutes, okay there was a minute for an altercation, but Man City scoring after 96 minutes and 43 seconds. The whistle should have been blown on 96 mins.

I sometimes wonder if these refs in the prem play until the likes of City or United score. There is no reasoning for adding nearly 2 minutes extra on for a 40 second talking to with a player.

Probably one of the most annoying things I hear fans complain about. It's a minimum number of minutes and if something happens in stoppage time then it will be extended - which usually happens because teams waste time hanging on

20 hours ago, chinapig said:

Excessive celebration is a yellow card offence. He was already on a yellow so the ref had little or no choice, given Sterling was practically in the crowd.

I don't like the law on excessive celebration but it is there so the ref is obliged to apply it.

Can't help but think if you can't celebrate a 96th minute winner with some passion then we might as well just give up on football.

rules are rules I guess, but that sending off is a joke IMO

Archived