IGNORED

Torches on Friday

wendyredredrobin

It happened at a game last season, all a bit "take that" but its spontaneous, fan driven and unique to us (not seen it at football before) and is certainly a different type of atmosphere to what I usually enjoy at football so im not sure what to think of it.

It would be funny if it was flashing everytime villa had the ball.

12 minutes ago, Pezo said:

It happened at a game last season, all a bit "take that" but its spontaneous, fan driven and unique to us (not seen it at football before) and is certainly a different type of atmosphere to what I usually enjoy at football so im not sure what to think of it.

It would be funny if it was flashing everytime villa had the ball.

Think Boro fans have been doing it for a season or two. Started out as a solidarity gesture with steel workers in the area.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-34666533

Thought it looked cool on Friday though.

IMG_0715.JPG

18 minutes ago, South Somerset Red said:

Found it all a bit cringe worthy to be honest. Palace did it in a televised game last season and got took the piss out of by other fans but thankfully no one else picked it out. Its good as a gesture at something but other than that its all a bit take that.

Well if palace done it . I can see why it was done Friday. :fear: . Seriously though kids doing it ok . But grown adults doing at football is IMO a bit sad . The amount of people staring into their phones while the game is going on is bad enough. Things like that Friday should be done at a Justin bieber concert not a football match . 

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Well if palace done it . I can see why it was done Friday. :fear: . Seriously though kids doing it ok . But grown adults doing at football is IMO a bit sad . The amount of people staring into their phones while the game is going on is bad enough. Things like that Friday should be done at a Justin bieber concert not a football match . 

Agree with this! The crystal palace love in is spreading now! I noticed on match of the day that even Huddersfield have now got a ultras section wearing black t-shirts and looking really scary! 

I did notice that after the 48th minute at selhurst park on Saturday the famous palace atmosphere seemed pretty flat!!

Once again (as with that LJ song), it's not Palace who are the innovators here. Seems they get credit for s lot of things but they are actually just copying too. 

First time I saw this was from Plymouth, in their playoff match 2 seasons ago, so way before Palace did it last year. 

Certainly not unique to us. Not sure who, why or where it started at AG on Friday. Seemed to start as a chorus of "by far the greatest team" started, if I recall correctly. 

22 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

The gas done this for a couple of games a couple of years ago. They were creaming over it. Didn't last long though as even they had the sense to realise it's a bit sh1te. 

Wasn't that just their attempts at saving on the 'lecky bill from floodlights..?

Maybe the club should hand out a sheet (or maybe send a Snapchat!) detailing what not to sing, what not to do, how not to dress, whether to use your phone..

Think people should chill out a bit and let people do what they want. Any contribution to the atmosphere, whether stolen or unique, is good. 

Live and let live.

Archived