IGNORED

Left Season Cards at home

wendyredredrobin

On Friday night, I took 2 others to the game who accidentally left their season cards at home.  Luckily, we had time to go back and get them.

It got me thinking however, what if we didn't have time and got to the gate without them.  Would the ticket office have helped us out do you think?

Anyone ever done this and managed to get in to see the game?

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Ah thanks for that.  I assume there are safeguards in place to stop this being abused.

Well, you'd have to put your picture on a fake I.D of someone else's name who you know has a season ticket... if you do that to get into a city game you probably need some therapy. Doubt it's ever abused...

an area that could be abused if you could call it that is people watching the second half for free, nobody ever looks at season cards in the second half, you could just come in and find an empty seat, I must admit when I lived near the ground in the 70s I did it when they opened the gates at half time.

9 minutes ago, pillred said:

an area that could be abused if you could call it that is people watching the second half for free, nobody ever looks at season cards in the second half, you could just come in and find an empty seat, I must admit when I lived near the ground in the 70s I did it when they opened the gates at half time.

You would think that could present a security issue too.

31 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Yes... any show of ID they'd have just looked your name up on their systems and printed you a ticket... maybe at a small admin fee, probably not though 

I never take any ID to a match. If this happens, can I take a selfie on my phone, show it to the ticket person, and confirm it's me?

20 minutes ago, pillred said:

I did this a few seasons back. Didn't get down till about 3:45. Put what I should've paid to get in in the charity box on the way out by the car park. Always wondered how many do it. 

53 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

On Friday night, I took 2 others to the game who accidentally left their season cards at home.  Luckily, we had time to go back and get them.

It got me thinking however, what if we didn't have time and got to the gate without them.  Would the ticket office have helped us out do you think?

Anyone ever done this and managed to get in to see the game?

Yeah, they are fine if you have proof. I needed this a few times.

12 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

I hope this is tongue in cheek :laugh:

Yes, but not as mad as it seems. Danny Baker (or perhaps someone else) was asked for ID in USA. All he had was a book about him, with his picture on the cover. When he produce this he was told it was not acceptable. 

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

I never take any ID to a match. If this happens, can I take a selfie on my phone, show it to the ticket person, and confirm it's me?

1 hour ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

I hope this is tongue in cheek :laugh:

When I worked in a Bank in BS3 in the late 80s, early 90s, many prospective customers would dig out a photo from their wallet and assume that was suitable id!

Then again, they were the type of people who'd ask if we were open on a bank holiday too!

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

When I worked in a Bank in BS3 in the late 80s, early 90s, many prospective customers would dig out a photo from their wallet and assume that was suitable id!

Then again, they were the type of people who'd ask if we were open on a bank holiday too!

Dammit, I'm so brain dead today... I just googled the postcode BS3 to see what area your bank was in... ffs :facepalm: 

6 hours ago, pillred said:

all perimeter entry points are manned before exit gates are opened at half time, anyone arriving after that has to show ticket to even get on site 

6 hours ago, pillred said:

yes lets be honest the security at the ground is a bit lax to put it mildly!

no it's not, pretty much everything you do is on camera 

33 minutes ago, myol'man said:

all perimeter entry points are manned before exit gates are opened at half time, anyone arriving after that has to show ticket to even get on site 

no it's not, pretty much everything you do is on camera 

but they are not x ray cameras, I have never been searched at any time entering the south stand before the game or at half time though I did not know they checked tickets after half time at perimeter.

15 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Yes, but not as mad as it seems. Danny Baker (or perhaps someone else) was asked for ID in USA. All he had was a book about him, with his picture on the cover. When he produce this he was told it was not acceptable. 

Danny also tells a story of being in a small village in Norfolk and arranging for a money transfer to the local bank, when he rang his bank manager he said they would need some id which he didn't have. He was wearing snakeskin shoes though and persuaded his bank manager that this would be unique in a small village in Norfolk. He got his money :) 

Archived