IGNORED

Sky Sports live games October

BournemouthRed

46 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

fixture clash with the sags.......our turn to switch dates

I know it was switched because of Sky, but surely us playing on Friday last week, on another double home fixture clash, means that it should be their turn..?!

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I know it was switched because of Sky, but surely us playing on Friday last week, on another double home fixture clash, means that it should be their turn..?!

I believe the arrangement with the sags only relates to games where there is a genuine fixture clash and one of the clubs has to move the game. That decision does not have to be made when SKY dictate the date change.

19 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Snap, I'm covered if moved to Saturday lunchtime or Saturday 5:20 but screwed if Friday night or Sunday .

Snap except I need to go to London afterwards so if it's not 3pm or 12:30 I'm out of pocket for a train ride.

14 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

I believe the arrangement with the sags only relates to games where there is a genuine fixture clash and one of the clubs has to move the game. That decision does not have to be made when SKY dictate the date change.

That's what I mean. Without the Sky change, we'd both have been home on the Saturday, so surely by playing on Friday (for whatever reason) we have taken "our turn" and the weekend of the Burton match, should be their turn to change..?!

Too late now as it's been done and changing back would cause more problems than solutions, butit seems odd that we had too, after the Villa game resolved the first fixture clash change. 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

That's what I mean. Without the Sky change, we'd both have been home on the Saturday, so surely by playing on Friday (for whatever reason) we have taken "our turn" and the weekend of the Burton match, should be their turn to change..?!

Too late now as it's been done and changing back would cause more problems than solutions, butit seems odd that we had too, after the Villa game resolved the first fixture clash change. 

Essentially, any SKY games don't count as part of the agreement between City and Rovers.......

Fixture Clash 1 - due to genuine fixture clash - no sky involvement - one club is required to move game = city / rovers use the alternate agreement (example, city move their game with Burton)

Fixture Clash 2 - due to genuine fixture clash - sky chooses 1 game for broadcasting and dictates the game movement = city / rovers alternate agreement not needed (example, City are moved to the Friday by SKY)

Fixture Clash 3 - due to genuine fixture clash - no sky involvement - one club required to move game = city / rovers alternate agreement kicks in (example, rovers will have to move their game)

There isn't usually that many but the next fixture clash would see Rovers having to move their game, unless of course by some freak coincidence, Sky chooses to broadcast one of the games

30 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Essentially, any SKY games don't count as part of the agreement between City and Rovers.......

Fixture Clash 1 - due to genuine fixture clash - no sky involvement - one club is required to move game = city / rovers use the alternate agreement (example, city move their game with Burton)

Fixture Clash 2 - due to genuine fixture clash - sky chooses 1 game for broadcasting and dictates the game movement = city / rovers alternate agreement not needed (example, City are moved to the Friday by SKY)

Fixture Clash 3 - due to genuine fixture clash - no sky involvement - one club required to move game = city / rovers alternate agreement kicks in (example, rovers will have to move their game)

There isn't usually that many but the next fixture clash would see Rovers having to move their game, unless of course by some freak coincidence, Sky chooses to broadcast one of the games

or the police decide that both games can go ahead at the same time as happened in the league cup first round

1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

I understand the agreement to avoid having both games in the City on the same day, surely a change is a change though, for supporters and is playing Friday V Villa saved Rovers needing to alter anything. Surely it should count. 

We are bound to be televised more than Rovers because of our league division. 

It could also be question as to why it's better to inconvenience 18/20,000 people, rather than 8/10,000..?

Anyway, I quite like the Friday night games, so doesn't really bother me.

14 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I understand the agreement to avoid having both games in the City on the same day, surely a change is a change though, for supporters and is playing Friday V Villa saved Rovers needing to alter anything. Surely it should count. 

We are bound to be televised more than Rovers because of our league division. 

It could also be question as to why it's better to inconvenience 18/20,000 people, rather than 8/10,000..?

Anyway, I quite like the Friday night games, so doesn't really bother me.

Me too if I`m being totally honest but it does inconvenience a lot of people so wouldn`t want to see too many changed.

Archived