IGNORED

trainer prior to Buster Footman...?

WhistleHappy

5 hours ago, HomerRed said:

I was going to say he was a bit bow-legged, but now realise I was probably being too kind. He still got a big cheer once he reached the injured player - particularly if he was in a race with the opposition physio. 

I recall a two-player crunch at a match when Buster was summoned along with the opposition's sponge-man one Saturday. Both came on at the same time and ran over to the middle of the pitch. As they were neck and neck, the pair began to speed up and the crowd caught this little race with some enthusiasm. Both men, weighed down with kit, dashed across the slippery turf only for their man to stumble and sprawl, leaving Buster the winner. Happy days. :clapping:

5 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Passed away in 2012 I believe.

Ken Wimshurst alongside him, and Gerry Gow in front, also now no longer with us.

:sad26:

1976 city team.jpg

Don't remember Trevor Taintob Ken Wilmhurst or Gerry Cow!! Richie is spelled incorrectly as well, who captioned this? 

On 30/08/2017 at 00:21, City Rocker said:

So here's a thing, I'm certain I remember going to Les Bardsley's testimonial at the Gate, which I thought was against Moscow Dynamo.

Les Bardsley had a testimonial at the Mem one Sunday morning. City played the Rugby club at Socby, football played with a rugby ball. At half time City were losing 1-0 thanks to an own goal. Early in the second half, the ball went out for a throw in and was replaced by a football and the City players looked more relaxed, but the rugby fans weren't too happy. Then for the final quarter of the game, the ball went out and instead of a throw in, the rugby ball reappeared and the rugby players took up positions for a line out. That final period was pure rugby. Yes; Les was seen running with the ball and trying to palm off two defenders.

40 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Don't remember Trevor Taintob Ken Wilmhurst or Gerry Cow!! Richie is spelled incorrectly as well, who captioned this? 

:rofl2br:

Hadn't read the captions myself to be honest.

Not only Ritchie spelled wrong, who the **** was Tony!!!!

Not a clue where it originated.

Got to agree though....bloody crap!!!!

:facepalm:

On 8/30/2017 at 02:03, leadman said:

didn't we have an Indian doctor aswell

Every club has to have a doctor on duty at a home game - usually a local GP (I used to work with the guy who was Wycombe's doc, we used to borrow their first team kit from time to time for our footie games!)

25 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

So `Bristol Sport` is nothing new going by the title of that!

Ha ha, I would say not in the concept we see Bristol sport as it is today at Ashton gate but that booklet more of a celebration  of sports players looked after in a medical capacity. 

Archived