IGNORED

Hinds, Moore and Morrell join Cheltenham

View from the Dolman

3 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

In general, I agree with most of your post.

In respect of the highlighted section, however, and given your obvious local knowledge/contacts, why do we never seem to loan players to Forest Green?

Totally different set up at FGR mate...they actually have money, and our lads wouldn't get as much games. Plus when we have...they kept playing him out of position.

4 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Who did we loan out to FGR?

Wes Burns, but it was a very different manager in charge at FGR back then.

Mark Cooper generally tries to get his teams playing football and did pretty well with loans and youngsters at Swindon as I recall.

6 hours ago, petehinton said:

What a complete waste we are making of Taylor Moore. Youth level England captain. Made radio Bristol co-commentator for a game. Now in lower league L2 on a pitch that regularly has about 30% grass on it. **** sake. 

Without scrolling through 5 pages to see if someone else made the same point;

In every team there is a captain named. It doesn't mean they always translate into good players to go into a Championship first team when still 20 themselves. 

13 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Bobby and Joe enjoyed spells in League 2 before becoming regulars in the first team... as long as they are playing they are learning, better than making the odd appearance for 10 minutes once a month. 

They didn't go to a struggling league 2 club though

9 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

They didn't go to a struggling league 2 club though

It's weird how thought processes work.

Some fans say...'what does GJ know about developing youngsters at lowly struggling Cheltenham'?

Some of these same fans will say how inexperienced LJ is as a coach, and what does he know? That the rest of our coaching staff aren't worthy and not experienced enough.

Yet...as I hinted before....the mighty Chelsea loaned us Tammy to look after him and develop him. And young Leko comes in as well on a season long loan from WBA.

Why would they come to struggling little ol Bristol City with their inexperienced coaching staff? What do they know about developing players?

I guess some Chelsea and WBA fans have said the same of us.

I would hint that LJ, his staff, and GJ are more respected in football, than some fans give them credit for ;-)

10 minutes ago, spudski said:

Some fans say...'what does GJ know about developing youngsters at lowly struggling Cheltenham'?

Some of these same fans will say how inexperienced LJ is as a coach, and what does he know? That the rest of our coaching staff aren't worthy and not experienced enough.

Yet...as I hinted before....the mighty Chelsea loaned us Tammy to look after him and develop him. And young Leko comes in as well on a season long loan from WBA.

Why would they come to struggling little ol Bristol City with their inexperienced coaching staff? What do they know about developing players?

I would hint that LJ, his staff, and GJ are more respected in football, than some fans give them credit for ;-)

Very sensible post. I was a bit upset they all went to Cheltenham but feel a bit more positive about it all after reading through some well written posts this evening 

13 minutes ago, spudski said:

Abraham was very well man managed at City and his loan deal forced him to play. That's it. His talent made him.

6 hours ago, Newquay-Red said:

At this rate Taylor Moore will be playing with me in the Sportivate Amateur Cornish League in five years time. Welcome to St Mawgan lad, we're the best team in the Newquay and Wadebridge area (on our day)

Is Hector Christie still playing his trade down your way or is he still an eco-warrior?

5 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

Sorry I'm a bit late to the party, I did say the other week we were going to try and loan Freddie out and we wanted it to be to a League One club - I was told this on good authority too, which I was quite happy with. He's good enough for that level. I have also been extremely outspoken about quite how bad Cheltenham are. They're shocking.  I don't care that much about Moore or Morrell, they haven't shown half as much potential as Hinds, but to loan him out to a relegation League Two side is criminal, I don't care if GJ is in charge there. Absolutely bemusing. I have no reason to disbelieve what I was told, the person who told me it is usually spot on with his info regarding our youth, so we had some change of heart.

Absolutely fuming with this.

Get the kid some game time where he'll learn, not where he'll be the best player on the pitch by a country mile.

Cheltenham may well be 'shocking' at present, but their three new loanees might improve them.

With their improved form and rising up the table, TM might just blossom in to a good defender, whilst FH, scoring for fun in League Two, might just develop in to the sort of free scoring player we all hope he might be, something we wouldn't see if they were not playing on on a regular basis.  

8 hours ago, spudski said:

Did Darren Ferguson and Nigel Clough get as much stick as LJ?

Sir Alex sold Ferguson as soon as he realised he wasn't good enough, for Man Utd. He did though go on to have a succcesful few seasons at Wolves. 

Nigel Clough was highly regarded by Forest fans and rightly so 1 goal every 3 games, and was obviously highly regarded not just by his dad considering he went on to Liverpool and Man City.

So both made it as players without favouritism from their dads. 

LJ was highly regarded as a player by his dad but other than that had a few games at Kilmarnock and couldn't find another club after being released by them. 

That's on the playing side not loans between father and son managers obviously, but I'd say the suspicions many have of the favouritism by GJ to LJ plays a part in the thought process now that LJ is loaning his dad our players. 

Archived