IGNORED

Steve Cotterell

Redmycolour

36 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I don't usually do requests but as it's you Nogbad...

1) Danny Wilson.

2) Alan Dicks

3) Joe Jordon

4) John Ward

5) Terry Cooper

Based entirely on the way they tried to play the beautiful game.

Remind me, Rob bored.

Which one of those managers was it that secured promotion with a 6-0 away win and won a game 8-2 which included a hattrick from a centre back who scored a rabona?

Thanks in advance.

11 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

I enjoyed the Wilson-era but having him abouve either GJ or SC is ludicrous!

For me football is about the way the game is played. Getting one up and then defending didn't do it for me but quick attacking football with pacy wingers did do it for me.

The Tinnion/Murray combination was brilliant to watch. 

You don't need to remind me who served that scintillating football.....

Understand where your coming from but ultimately GJ delivered results and in a league higher than Wilson managed. That play-off final season will live long in the memory despite the fact it wasn't the prettiest football, there was sucha togetherness between players and fans that it never mattered how we did it but we were so close to the big time!

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I don't usually do requests but as it's you Nogbad...

1) Danny Wilson.

2) Alan Dicks

3) Joe Jordon

4) John Ward

5) Terry Cooper

Based entirely on the way they tried to play the beautiful game.

I would tend to go along with that though I might put Terry Cooper a bit higher.

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Right, I've deleted the personal abuse. Play nice you lot. 

Sigh!...:laugh:!....I missed it all!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Apart from the abuse

So the bloke that built the team that got us to the promise land is second in some of these lists. Behind the bloke who did'nt have our best striker even on the bench for the play-off final, so when we had to score in the last seconds we threw on Luke Wilkshire...

This bloody board is desperate sometimes.

Dicks 

Cooper

Cotterill 

All the above on achievement in the last 45 years

Followed by 

John Ward

Joe Jordan

Gary Johnson

Again on achievement in a results driven game

Its difficult to make comparisons & on what basis?

If it's success then it has to be Dicks but the football was not expansive.

If you want entertaining then its the Wilson era.

For Cotts it would be the sheer belief and winning mentality he brought to the side.

For me it has to be the Gary Johnson era. Getting to the playoff final and the calibre of players we had at the time was marvellous. Who knows what would've happened had we won.

1) Gary Johnson

2) Steve Cotterill

3) Danny Wilson

3 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Surprised Harry Thickett hasn't been mentioned. 

Promoted City to top flight, and achieved a second place finish.  Won 14 league games in a row and got us to the FA Cup Final. 

Not too shabby! 

A bit before my time Sir CT. Dicks is the first City boss of my time following the club.

Makes me laugh the football was 'bad' under GJ. I found it rather exciting.

-Sproule and McIndoe got me off my seat plenty,

-JMC was an excellent player then imo

-enjoyed Adebolas battles and channel work,

-Orr's passion and drive 

- Carle I really took to in his time here, noble trundle each provided moments.

See what you want. I saw an excellent unit, playing good counter attacking football, throwing bodies on the line. It was played on the deck plenty. It's nonsense to suggest otherwise. 

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not at all.

He got the team feeding the Goat......

So that was after he signed Julian Watts as our Championship standard centre back and Carl Hutchings as a Championship standard midfielder with Steve Torpey up front, was it?

He was lucky to inherit Goater but like his mentor Graham Taylor, he was a long ball merchant.

You really don't have the first clue what you are watching, do you?

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

So that was after he signed Julian Watts as our Championship standard centre back and Carl Hutchings as a Championship standard midfielder with Steve Torpey up front, was it?

He was lucky to inherit Goater but like his mentor Graham Taylor, he was a long ball merchant.

That's not how I remember JW. Admittedly the resources at his disposal were very limited but imv he got the best out of what was largely a poor squad.

He got us promoted but it proved a step to far for him - something he freely admitted to 

20 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Hi Dolly, appreciate the good work you do, but was me saying: "If you love him so much OP, why do you spell his name incorrectly" "personal abuse"?

I really don't see it that way. 

I deleted a bunch of posts whilst on my phone. Yours was fairly mild I'd agree, but was "under the attack the post, not the poster" forum rule. Hope that clears things up. 

41 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Surprised Harry Thickett hasn't been mentioned. 

Promoted City to top flight, and achieved a second place finish.  Won 14 league games in a row and got us to the FA Cup Final. 

Not too shabby! 

Yes, but did his team try to play the "beautiful game"?...

30 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I deleted a bunch of posts whilst on my phone. Yours was fairly mild I'd agree, but was "under the attack the post, not the poster" forum rule. Hope that clears things up. 

No need to protect me Dolls. I've heard it all before.

That said the standard of insults these days has really deteriorated . It's all very disappointing......:facepalm:

Archived