IGNORED

Josh Brownhill

RT's Vaseline Tub

3 minutes ago, Derek from Nailsea said:

Why haven't the club offered Josh an extended contract as yet?

He started slowly but now a cracking player and at a age where offering him improved terms is a no brainer especially with loads of Prem clubs sniffing around.

Come on Ashton sort it out! 

Mentioned this on another thread  ,  along with Frankie ,   Total agreement with you :yes:

Don't need to if we have an option. In any case I expect to hear of one well before January. Right now we are signing and selling, imagine contract negotiations start next week up and down the country. 

Could have extended it any time really, e.g. over the Summer; 

would have been much better than leaving negotiations until the last minute with clubs hovering around to get him on the cheap & well below true market value.

bit strange when everyone else that's done well has been rewarded in the past like Flint & Bryan with extensions to name but 2.

4 minutes ago, Derek from Nailsea said:

Could have extended it any time really, e.g. over the Summer; 

would have been much better than leaving negotiations until the last minute with clubs hovering around to get him on the cheap & well below true market value.

bit strange when everyone else that's done well has been rewarded in the past like Flint & Bryan with extensions to name but 2.

Perhaps we have an automatic option for another year 

36 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

We always seem to do this don't we? We're very good at getting the youth players signed on to longer deals but when it comes to the first team players it feels like we leave it too late.

Fingers crossed talks have been ongoing and news will come out soon.

Luke Freeman aside, who I don't think LJ rated (and it is all opinion) care to give an example of that?

Because although you claim we "always" do this I can't recall any others..

1 hour ago, Coxy27 said:

Why?

Resourcing, but it's a guess. Browhill's agent I imagine in August is simply minded for deals and cuts if transfer fees for his clients, whereas in our side too I expect MA would have been busy on incoming and outgoings. 

2 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

We always seem to do this don't we? We're very good at getting the youth players signed on to longer deals but when it comes to the first team players it feels like we leave it too late.

Fingers crossed talks have been ongoing and news will come out soon.

As @GrahamC has already said. Who..?

We VERY rarely lose players on a Bosman. 

LF is one example. I'm struggling to think of many others since Liam Rosenior. 

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Gary Collier

Yes you are right, mate.

Agostino chose to run his contract down too.

But seeing as Collier was 40 years ago now I think the use of "always" might just be stretching it a bit..

26 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

As @GrahamC has already said. Who..?

We VERY rarely lose players on a Bosman. 

LF is one example. I'm struggling to think of many others since Liam Rosenior. 

We even got our money back on Freeman. QPR paid us £250k in the January before his contract ran out.

Not the best bit of business we have done, but still not losing him for free...

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

We even got our money back on Freeman. QPR paid us £250k in the January before his contract ran out.

Not the best bit of business we have done, but still not losing him for free...

Plus saved half a season’s wages too, probably another £200k ish

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Luke Freeman aside, who I don't think LJ rated (and it is all opinion) care to give an example of that?

Was Maynard an example? Rejected big offers for him then got down to the last 6 months of his contract before being sold?

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Yes you are right, mate.

Agostino chose to run his contract down too.

But seeing as Collier was 40 years ago now I think the use of "always" might just be stretching it a bit..

Rules were different then as regardless of contract we held his registration. Yes GCs contract ran out but we got good money back then 350k I believe. 

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Apologies (always) - my Bristolian was coming through there (honest).

My comments were reflecting my view of how it has felt (to me) in the past. Plus, my first scentance was a question.

Should have put a disclaimer at the bottom.

It's an unfamiliar  position for me to take on players contracts but I actually trust  LJ when it comes to who he recommends to MA for contract talks.

I also trust MA to negotiate the right deal for the club and the player. 

The club is in good and professional hands right now and if Brownhill or any other young player isn't offered a new deal then they'd be a damn good reason for it.

Archived