IGNORED

Loan watch 2017/18 Season

GrahamC

6 hours ago, DeadleyHeadleyer said:

Took my boy to see Bath City on Saturday for his first match, have to say they played some really nice stuff and got a good 4-0 win, see the link for highlights.

Opi Edwards got an excellent 1st goal and looked pretty lively throughout. I'm not sure how much game time Wollacott will be getting there though as the keeper Bath have on loan from Reading currently looked very tidy.

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/match-info/match-centre/1-2850609/videos/119145

The current Bath keeper is an England under 20 keeper on loan from, I think, Reading. Can't see Jojo getting much game at the moment.

50 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

The current Bath keeper is an England under 20 keeper on loan from, I think, Reading. Can't see Jojo getting much game at the moment.

This article suggest his loan spell at Bath has ended: "In other news, Opi Edwards has joined Bath City on a two-month loan switch, with Jojo Wollacott now heading back to Ashton Gate."

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/loan-watch-mccoulsky-keeps-up-scoring-run/

22 hours ago, DeadleyHeadleyer said:

Took my boy to see Bath City on Saturday for his first match, have to say they played some really nice stuff and got a good 4-0 win, see the link for highlights.

Opi Edwards got an excellent 1st goal and looked pretty lively throughout. I'm not sure how much game time Wollacott will be getting there though as the keeper Bath have on loan from Reading currently looked very tidy.

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/match-info/match-centre/1-2850609/videos/119145

I was very impressed with Opi Edwards when I saw him against Stoke City u23 earlier this season. One to watch for the future. Built like Junior Bent but clearly a better finisher!

On 11/5/2017 at 17:17, 1891 B.C. Sweden said:

Yes the season is over in Sweden. Djurgården won 2-0, Engvall played 15 minutes. I don't want Engvall to play either in Djurgården or City.

Slightly off topic; who knew that Djurgarden played R*vers in a friendly at Eastville in the early 60's? 

• Admin

From wsm website 

In-form defenders Harvey Smith and Ash Harper have both had their loan periods at the Woodspring extended following negotiations with their parent club Bristol City.

harvey-smith-press-release-300x200.jpg

Harvey Smith ©Will.T.Photography

Their time is to be extended by a further two months following their successful integration in to the Seagulls squad.

Harvey commented on his time at the Woodspring last week travelling back from the FA Trophy victory at Welling United, “I feel both Ash and I have fitted in to the team well, the squad is a great group of lads, that are all close. It was a big difference coming from the City U23s squad. In that team we hadn’t been getting the results so to then come to Weston and start winning was great. It’s a fantastic feeling to be on a six game unbeaten run. I’m glad that I have been able to contribute to that form.” Harvey has previously captained Bristol City U18s and also played with their U23s.

Coming in on loan in September Harvey was seen a replacement for the recalled Aden Baldwin, and was also a reinforcement to the back four, alongside fellow City loanee Ashley Harper.

ash-press-release-re-edit-300x200.jpg

Ashley Harper ©Will.T.Photography

Ash who has had his loan period extended with Weston once already has also been pivotal in helping Weston embark upon their current run of form. “I am really enjoying playing with Weston” commented Ash when asked about his time with the Seagulls. “it’s really helped my game. I was initially surprised at the difference between U23s and first team football. The difference in physicality is huge but it has certainly helped me in my development. I enjoy playing with the team and it’s great to be doing so well at the moment.”

Marc Mcgregor, “we worked hard to maintain both Harvey and Ash in the squad by extending their loans. Both players work hard and their time with us is mutually beneficial for their development and our steady ascent of the table.

Good round up from the club here,  sounds like O'Leary had a good start to his time at Solihull. I keep forgetting that Golbourne is only on loan at MK. He seems to be getting the most minutes of all the players out on loan. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/loan-watch-oleary-shines-for-solihull/

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Good round up from the club here,  sounds like O'Leary had a good start to his time at Solihull. I keep forgetting that Golbourne is only on loan at MK. He seems to be getting the most minutes of all the players out on loan. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/loan-watch-oleary-shines-for-solihull/

Raises something of a question as to what we do with Golbourne when he gets back from loan. Is he above Lloyd Kelly in the pecking order? Tricky one.

33 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Raises something of a question as to what we do with Golbourne when he gets back from loan. Is he above Lloyd Kelly in the pecking order? Tricky one.

I would guess the hope is that MK might want to make Golbourne’s deal a permanent one, at least to enable us to get him off the wage bill.

Archived