IGNORED

Loan watch 2017/18 Season

GrahamC

2 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

I posted in the matchday thread about a mate of mine watching Cheltenham after 30 minutes text me telling me he was running the show, furthermore have received another text saying he's changing the way they play! Me included, there were a lot of people who weren't too fussed about him going on loan there but it seems he's the standout.

No idea how Moore played, Hinds missed out with concussion.

Also a post on http://www.robinsnestforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23892 about him.

Further positive news to a fantastic day.

COYR.

Is concussion a 6 week lay off in football too?

7 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

A great coach who I would have back here in that capacity. Sadly one of the most soulless managers we ever had.

Yeah I agree. Perhaps right man wrong time. Club was on a downward spiral and I think he actually did some of the hard foundation setting work we're benefitting from now.

Pack, Fielding and Flint (signed for a relegated L1 side) are still first team regulars now. 

1 hour ago, hoxton casual said:

I hope Dowling's injury is not too serious. Also I hope McGoalsky and Hinds now gets some game time. It souunds like Moore and particularly Morrell are doing really well.

Yes it's good they are all playing, I think that the last few performances of the regular squad have shown what LJ means when he says that those out on loan are not quite there yet when it comes to first team action.

This weekends fixtures hopefully involving our loanees

AFC Wimbledon V MK Dons (Friday night)

Accrington Stanley V Cheltenham 
Luton T V Chesterfield
Newport C V Grimsby Town 
AFC Fylde V Woking
Bath City V Wealdstone
Chippenham T V Hemel Hempstead
Weston S Mare V Dartford
Halmstads BK V IFK Norrkoping  (13:00 kick off )

George Dowling suffered a grade 1 hamstring strain away at Barrow and will be out for 2 weeks.

13 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Have you been watching him? If so, how close do you reckon he is to the first team?

As close as McCoulsky probably is. Both behind Hinds I'd say. The big question with Arnie is staying fit, if he does I could see him getting a league 1 loan to a team like plymouth in January.

5 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

As close as McCoulsky probably is. Both behind Hinds I'd say. The big question with Arnie is staying fit, if he does I could see him getting a league 1 loan to a team like plymouth in January.

I'd thought this'd be the case, seems he's hit a bit of a purple patch though, which is good.

22 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

This weekends fixtures hopefully involving our loanees

AFC Wimbledon V MK Dons (Friday night)

Accrington Stanley V Cheltenham 
Luton T V Chesterfield
Newport C V Grimsby Town 
AFC Fylde V Woking
Bath City V Wealdstone
Chippenham T V Hemel Hempstead
Weston S Mare V Dartford
Djurgården v Hammarby (Sunday 14:00)

George Dowling suffered a grade 1 hamstring strain away at Barrow and will be out for 2 weeks.

Sorry, got the Swedish tie totally wrong (although no one noticed apparently) :) 

On 23/09/2017 at 00:10, Shtanley said:

I can see him on his way permanently in Jan, but would agree with that destination.

Hes probably, if we had all players available, 7th or 8th in line up front. He's 22 now - and I'm not writing him off - but he's not touched the first team. If he did get a loan in Jan, he'd have to get a heck of a return at a decent level to move up that pecking order.

You never know, but with any pathway you have to clear those out who are borderline, and ISTM he's likely to be one we just can't be sure enough of to give the opportunity to before it's too late for him

On 9/23/2017 at 19:40, RichardEdd said:

Moore, Morrell and Hinds all got game time for Cheltenham today sounds like Hinds was unlucky not to score late on.

Gustav played in a 1-1 draw and scored 6.8 on the sofascore site although it did have him down as missing one good chance.

gustav.png

3 hours ago, hoxton casual said:

25 yard curler by Morell as well!

Sutton Utd obviously missed out. 

Just saw it on the highlights, really weird, it seemed like everyone stopped expecting a free kick or something, except Morrell who casually stroked it home. Good fee kick for the first goal too.

Morrell appears to be doing very well indeed.  He hasn't made the progress with us that everyone hoped for when he was 16 and if I'm honest I've been surprised that the club has retained him, but I'm beginning to wonder whether he might have a future with us.  On the other hand, De Girolamo seems to be doing absolutely nothing at Chesterfield.

17 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Morrell appears to be doing very well indeed.  He hasn't made the progress with us that everyone hoped for when he was 16 and if I'm honest I've been surprised that the club has retained him, but I'm beginning to wonder whether he might have a future with us.  On the other hand, De Girolamo seems to be doing absolutely nothing at Chesterfield.

Chesterfield V Cheltenham Saturday, could be interesting :)  4 City  players potentially on the pitch a t the same time. 

Just found this on Gloucestershire Live page,

Bristol City have one hell of a player in Joe Morrell, who put in another superb performance in midfield, tracking back to win the ball and moving the ball well going forward. Taylor Moore was once again very solid and Cheltenham need to work quickly to try and extend both loans come January.

Archived