IGNORED

Loan watch 2017/18 Season

GrahamC

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

Haven't followed Wes' progress in any detail. Doesn't appear to have set the world alight though. There were those on here who felt he should be given more chance in our first team. 

Seems like it was the right decision for City to let him move on though?

I still think Wes has a lot of potential but agree that he wouldn't be anywhere a first team place for us . 

It looks like the right decision though maybe he'll ' click ' like Bobby did .

Another that I'm surprised about is Agard , I thought he'd rip up League 1 but 12 goals last season wasn't a great return .

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

I still think Wes has a lot of potential but agree that he wouldn't be anywhere a first team place for us . 

Another that I'm surprised about is Agard , I thought he'd rip up League 1 but 12 goals last season wasn't a great return .

I think Agard was injured a fair bit last season, similarly, Wes Burns has been injured a fair bit since his time at Fleetwood.

On 08/10/2017 at 13:13, robin_unreliant said:

Haven't followed Wes' progress in any detail. Doesn't appear to have set the world alight though. There were those on here who felt he should be given more chance in our first team. 

Seems like it was the right decision for City to let him move on though?

I thought he was a headless chicken with no technical ability. Nice lad though

On 08/10/2017 at 15:15, Major Isewater said:

Sunk to the nuts, enough to make your eyes water!

14 hours ago, onehowie said:

Came on as sub with 10 mins to go...looked sharp....started and finished the move with a fine header for the last goal.

I was there watching the game and was disappointed Shawn didn't get brought on sooner tbh.  Did what he had to with his headed goal but dear god how bad are Forest Green at the moment.

22 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Surprised how badly FGR are struggling. Thought they'd been knocking on the League Two door for quite a long time.

It is a puzzle isn`t it? The step up from top end Conference to the lower end of League 2 can`t be that much can it? I do wonder if they came into the season a bit Billy Big Bollix and it`s bitten them in the arse.

Funny old league though - every game seems to either be a local derby or hundreds of miles away. FGR have had quite a few of the former in their first few games so maybe that`s had a bit to do with it who knows?

21 minutes ago, redcherryberry said:

BT is very close to ex sag Waddock so this is how the move came about. Progressing very nicely is Cam Pring.

He’s gonna have a tough time getting near the first team squad anytime soon with Kelly and Bryan. Reckon he could become a decent left winger? He’s definitely got the speed imo.  

45 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

He’s gonna have a tough time getting near the first team squad anytime soon with Kelly and Bryan. Reckon he could become a decent left winger? He’s definitely got the speed imo.  

Not necessarily. Say Bryan got sold for big bucks in the summer and Kelly was promoted in his stead, Pring would have a chance to stake his claim to be back up. He could be an injury away from serious 1st team game time within a year

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

Hard to say mate tbh. All bar LJ who would of thought just a few months ago Bobby would make a great no.10? Not many!

From the scout who first spotted Cam Pring - "strong in the tackle great engine & was outstanding for Cheltenham youth playing LWB in a 3-5-2" so as a winger, possibly?!? 

Chip makes a great point. 

2 hours ago, chipdawg said:

Not necessarily. Say Bryan got sold for big bucks in the summer and Kelly was promoted in his stead, Pring would have a chance to stake his claim to be back up. He could be an injury away from serious 1st team game time within a year

I can easily see this being the case.

I think when Bryan goes, this summer or the one after, Kelly will be brought in as the replacement. He may initially be a slight step down, but in time will be even better IMO.

The main issue I had with that is who the backup to Kelly would have been in the hypothetical scenario, as I don't know much about the youth sides and players. If Pring can be the next Kelly that would be great.

Archived