IGNORED

Loan watch 2017/18 Season

GrahamC

Just now, JoeAman08 said:

He is also looking bigger and more physically fit than i remember. Obviously that happen when you get older but he looks more like a footballer now

It's a physical league so I guess he has had to grow up there. I have had my doubts about our players going down to that level but, having watched all the FA Cup highlights, there is little to choose between the standards in the leagues below the Championship, outside a few notable exceptions. Tranmere had some excellent ball players for example, and Boreham Wood scored a cracking team goal. Gone are the days of muddy pitches and hit and hope football it seems.

2 hours ago, 1891 B.C. Sweden said:

Engvall on the bench in his last(?) game for Djurgården. Top three will play in europe.

59ff173e81718_Skrmklipp.JPG.f4ff46adc24a2fbcfb6642a413548f35.JPG

So the Swedish season is over after this round?

Realise he’s not been pulling up any trees in recent games, but what with Famara out for a while now, might be an opportune time to get Engvall back (presuming he can play for us after his loan).

1 hour ago, samo II said:

Realise he’s not been pulling up any trees in recent games, but what with Famara out for a while now, might be an opportune time to get Engvall back (presuming he can play for us after his loan).

Yes the season is over in Sweden. Djurgården won 2-0, Engvall played 15 minutes. I don't want Engvall to play either in Djurgården or City.

2 hours ago, samo II said:

First in January he will be available for City

14 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I noticed Hinds was an unused sub again yesterday, I am not sure what he is getting out of this loan spell to be honest, seems like McCoulsky has jumped ahead of him again since the Watford game.

Seems like he's barely playing from what I've seen so far.

im not sure loan system is working. reckon hinds was knockin on the door of first team after watford. cant have done his confidence much good to be on the bench in league 2 of a sudden . must have felt like a glass ceiling... interested to hear tinnions opinion on this . he looked as good as bobby to me and together they looked a dynamic duo...

50 minutes ago, the frampton balti said:

im not sure loan system is working. reckon hinds was knockin on the door of first team after watford. cant have done his confidence much good to be on the bench in league 2 of a sudden . must have felt like a glass ceiling... interested to hear tinnions opinion on this . he looked as good as bobby to me and together they looked a dynamic duo...

Well he is the only one it's not working for, Taylor Moore, Joe Morrell, Shawn McCoulsky and Jonny Smith are all getting good  game time and good reviews. Dowling should be OK once fully fit again too. and Girolamo is learning all about a relegation dogfight...

59 minutes ago, the frampton balti said:

Disagree  1 start & 8 subs would likely be more than he would of got with City, think he is there until sometime in January.

13 hours ago, the frampton balti said:

No loans aren’t just for starting. He is getting matchday experience and he is learning how to fight for minutes. He may have gotten the odd minutes here or there if he stayed but would have been featuring for the U23. Again, it doesn’t have to be a successful loan statistically to be a successful loan spell overall. I am sure he is learning loads about the game and about himself that will prove invaluable over time. 

3 hours ago, the frampton balti said:

not sure chelsea would have been impressed if tammy abraham had the same minutes at city. I do however appreciate your point. It seems that its only Hinds that is getting so few minutes.

Can't really compare the golden boy of Chelsea's academy who's got his first England call-up at age 20 to Hinds really.

Could it not be Hinds' fault that he's not getting game time? Maybe he hasn't been good enough.

On 07/11/2017 at 13:02, Luxo Jr. said:

Can't really compare the golden boy of Chelsea's academy who's got his first England call-up at age 20 to Hinds really.

Could it not be Hinds' fault that he's not getting game time? Maybe he hasn't been good enough.

hes good enough . will play in prem ....hopefully for city, needs game time just like kodge and tammy and duric and taylor  and dave.

Decided to go down and see WSM play. Aside from a 5-1 victory (and well deserved, the play some great football) I thought I'd keep and eye on Ash Harper.

First thing that struck me is how short and slim he is, and he did get outmuscled quite a lot, desperately needs to bulk up. Seems to be a similar case to JB. The Eastbourne Borough number 7 was all over him in the air.

He was very very quick though, 2 incidents come to mind - one in which a through ball down the right flank came to him, where he went past one and squared it towards the edge of the box,  nearly resulting in a goal - and one where he played a ball down the right flank and sprinted to the back post from the halfway line, almost getting a foot on a cross.

He looked a bit bereft of confidence in the second half though, he didnt see much of the ball, and when he did he didnt seem to want to take anyone on. He was eventually substituted, but I thought overall he had a decent game.

21 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Decided to go down and see WSM play. Aside from a 5-1 victory (and well deserved, the play some great football) I thought I'd keep and eye on Ash Harper.

First thing that struck me is how short and slim he is, and he did get outmuscled quite a lot, desperately needs to bulk up. Seems to be a similar case to JB. The Eastbourne Borough number 7 was all over him in the air.

He was very very quick though, 2 incidents come to mind - one in which a through ball down the right flank came to him, where he went past one and squared it towards the edge of the box,  nearly resulting in a goal - and one where he played a ball down the right flank and sprinted to the back post from the halfway line, almost getting a foot on a cross.

He looked a bit bereft of confidence in the second half though, he didnt see much of the ball, and when he did he didnt seem to want to take anyone on. He was eventually substituted, but I thought overall he had a decent game.

Wasn't he the right back, similar age as Kelly, and had a few minutes or at least time on the bench under Cotts?

Think I remember seeing him play in a pre-season friendly over in Portugal a few years back.

5 minutes ago, Selred said:

Wasn't he the right back, similar age as Kelly, and had a few minutes or at least time on the bench under Cotts?

Think I remember seeing him play in a pre-season friendly over in Portugal a few years back.

That's the one.

Took my boy to see Bath City on Saturday for his first match, have to say they played some really nice stuff and got a good 4-0 win, see the link for highlights.

Opi Edwards got an excellent 1st goal and looked pretty lively throughout. I'm not sure how much game time Wollacott will be getting there though as the keeper Bath have on loan from Reading currently looked very tidy.

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/match-info/match-centre/1-2850609/videos/119145

Archived