IGNORED

New kit

Redstoke

Has anyone else had issues with the quality of the new kit? Have bought both the home and away shirts for my young lads and the lettering is falling off the home shirt and the away purple shirt has bobbled up and threads appearing everywhere after only a month. Not a dig as the previous couple of kits have been pretty decent and lasted well. Anyone else had issues or have i just been unlucky??

I always wash shirts inside out as that seems to help maintain the lettering etc. I've got the purple shirt which has been washed a few times so far (no issues yet) and foster son has both home and away. Will keep an eye on them. I take it you don't need to take the receipt back in with you, should any problems arise? Just I don't have them any more. 

1 hour ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

This happened to my shirt the second time I put it on but to be fair to the shop they sent me a new one and was brilliant about the whole situation, I couldn't fault them. New one now is great! I personally think the quality is the best I've ever had 

0B0E3433-8255-428D-AB6B-016656CB1AB7.jpg

The writing went backwards? Weird. 

I went to buy a home shirt at the milwall game I think as I think it's the nicest shirt we've had in years. But I didn't like the feel of the fabric, just felt really cheap, plus I'd seen comments about the itchy neck. 

Glad I didn't bother. It's a shame though because it looks great and would have been the first shirt I'd have bought in years.

16 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I hadnt noticed, are you telling me that not every shirt is the same? that's a bit odd

Seen some that are ok but mine and a mates are off a bit with the pinstripes. I hadn't noticed until he told me and my misses says I ruined it for her so maybe I shouldn't have said anything 

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Seen some that are ok but mine and a mates are off a bit with the pinstripes. I hadn't noticed until he told me and my misses says I ruined it for her so maybe I shouldn't have said anything 

Haha you might have done the same for me now, I'm gonna have to check tomorrow 

Already this season I've returned a kids home shirt and a pair of away shorts for similar problems mentioned above.
Both had stitching come apart within days of buying them. Anyway the shop were really good and swapped them both without fuss. 
Interestingly the shop manager said to me the material used for this years shirt is a lot thinner than in previous years and the reason for this was so the replica kit and the kit worn by the team was the same product. Apparently in the past the replica kit has always been made from a thicker material than that worn by the players. I'm not sure if this is true but he sounded like he knew what he was talking about...

12 hours ago, Magic Man said:

Already this season I've returned a kids home shirt and a pair of away shorts for similar problems mentioned above.
Both had stitching come apart within days of buying them. Anyway the shop were really good and swapped them both without fuss. 
Interestingly the shop manager said to me the material used for this years shirt is a lot thinner than in previous years and the reason for this was so the replica kit and the kit worn by the team was the same product. Apparently in the past the replica kit has always been made from a thicker material than that worn by the players. I'm not sure if this is true but he sounded like he knew what he was talking about...

Sounds reasonable, last kit I bought was the first BS purple and lime and I thought it was quite thick to actually play in. Didn't feel like it would be comfortable or very breathable

wouldnt be surprised if the actual team went through several sets of shirts over a season

On Sunday, September 03, 2017 at 19:04, kmpowell said:

David Lloyd, Supporter Liaison Officer for Bristol City said "I'm delighted that we can finally deliver a more bespoke kit whilst achieving really high standards."

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/bristol-sport-unveiled-as-new-kit-provider-for-bristol-city/

Never quite understood how Bristol Sport is the "provider" of the kit.

Archived