IGNORED

Obscurest City Players

ZiderEyed

In City's early league days they signed a sought after defender, Joe Cottle. However Joe insisted City also signed his pal Tommy Radford. Radford made just one first team appearance and that was in a friendly. Tommy Radford must surely therefore be City's most obscure player.

Then again, in 1972 City signed Dave Merrington from Burnley who at the time was injured. He never recovered and although on City's books never played a game at any level. I believe the league's insurance scheme repayed the transfer fee.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Craig Ireland. A CB we had on loan from Northampton (?) who played once I think.

The only reason I remember him is that he is the only player I`ve seen play for City whose surname begins with I.

Not Northants, but P'boro'. When City played Posh at AG, there was a punch up in the tunnel at half time . For the time City's player was out with "a facial injury", P'boro' lent us Craig Ireland as he played in the same position. That was a reaaaly weird incident; 22 players plus club & match officials in the tuinnel and no one noticed a mass brawl. I believe that by loaning Ireland to City, it avoided reperccussions from the league and/or the FA (failure to control players etc.

8 minutes ago, 22A said:

In City's early league days they signed a sought after defender, Joe Cottle. However Joe insisted City also signed his pal Tommy Radford. Radford made just one first team appearance and that was in a friendly. Tommy Radford must surely therefore be City's most obscure player.

Then again, in 1972 City signed Dave Merrington from Burnley who at the time was injured. He never recovered and although on City's books never played a game at any level. I believe the league's insurance scheme repayed the transfer fee.

Dave, is a regular commentator on Southampton  football club on radio Solent these days.

12 minutes ago, 22A said:

Are you sure? I thought he played ONCE (lost home 3-0 to someone) but not going to argue .

10 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Craig Ireland. A CB we had on loan from Northampton (?) who played once I think.

The only reason I remember him is that he is the only player I`ve seen play for City whose surname begins with I.

From Peterbro', and 5 apps. for us in 2005.

5 minutes ago, David Brent said:

What did the rest of the players think of Adam Locke?

Also, the fact that YOU remember him is reason enough for not being obscure.

:facepalm:

Locke also played 30 odd games in a promotion season. 

More horse shit from our old friend. 

10 minutes ago, 22A said:

Not Northants, but P'boro'. When City played Posh at AG, there was a punch up in the tunnel at half time . For the time City's player was out with "a facial injury", P'boro' lent us Craig Ireland as he played in the same position. That was a reaaaly weird incident; 22 players plus club & match officials in the tuinnel and no one noticed a mass brawl. I believe that by loaning Ireland to City, it avoided reperccussions from the league and/or the FA (failure to control players etc.

The tunnel incident injury I remember from around then was Tony Butler, but thought it was against Notts. County?

Archived