IGNORED

Obscurest City Players

ZiderEyed

7 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Tricky to say, one theory appears to be young Stern ( as then un named) was a very exacting and uncompromising baby from day 1 so the parents thought the name would be apt.

Thought it was because he looked like the arse end of a boat.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Weird isn`t it? I can still see him scoring it in my minds eye even though I can`t remember what I had for breakfast!

The amount of games I've seen City play. I obviously forget a lot over the years. But I can recall some stuff from years ago that sticks in your mind . It is strange 

17 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Think he played a about 15 times. I can remember him setting up Nicky Maynard at Coventry I think.1-1 

Yep, cracking goal that. Just before half time I think.

Saborio was quite good at first but then had his longish hair cut short and was never the same.

3 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Who was that forward we had on loan from Rangers 10-15 years ago . Got injured in the first half of his debut. Was never seen again.

Andrius Velicka. Did his hamstring after about half an hour. There was a lot of fuss at the time about him not being fit when he came to AG and I think we had to pay his wages even though he was out for the season.

2 minutes ago, jambodinho said:

Wayne Hennessy on loan but never made an appearance.

Anthony Malessa - academy Gk who played a cup game vs Brentford and clattered into Lloyd Owusu resulting in the striker leaving the pitch on a stretcher 

Was that Malessa? I remember the incident - the ambulance reversing onto the pitch from the Williams/Atyeo corner. The game was held up for about twenty minutes I think. It was the longest injury delay I`ve seen up until that Huddersfield lad last season.

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Was that Malessa? I remember the incident - the ambulance reversing onto the pitch from the Williams/Atyeo corner. The game was held up for about twenty minutes I think. It was the longest injury delay I`ve seen up until that Huddersfield lad last season.

Yeah. He was 2 years above me at my school and lived at the end of my road so it always stayed in my memory 

9 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Andrius Velicka. Did his hamstring after about half an hour. There was a lot of fuss at the time about him not being fit when he came to AG and I think we had to pay his wages even though he was out for the season.

Tore his ACL a few minutes after coming on

Archived