IGNORED

Matty Taylor's Having a Party

redordead1

51 minutes ago, redordead1 said:

Ha ha. You're right,  let's keep supporting the consummate professional who has come back from pre-season so out of shape the club have had to pretend he's injured. The same professional whose reaction has then been to get off his box in public and tell all this to any stranger who'll listen. You're right, let's keep that to ourselves and let him take the piss out of all who pay his wages in the meantime. 

To be honest, football is rife with unsavoury issues - from the obscene money and corruption at FIFA to the diving and disrespecting of the authorities on the pitch.  Opposing supporters need segregating because they cannot be trusted to not kick the living shit out of each other.  It is shameless.

We are supporting all of the above.

9 hours ago, redordead1 said:

Just had enough of highly paid, supposed athletes stealing a living. Either commit to be the best you can be for yourself, your family and the fans or jog on.  

We wonder why England are so shite when this is how players from Taylor right up to the likes of Rooney still behave? 

So you read the stories of the few that make the news and place ALL professional footballers in the same bracket? That's apporximately 3000 people in England alone. Presumably you look at every group of people and judge them all by the actions of one or two individuals, in other walks of life as well?

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tbh thinking about it. My post was overreaction, players can have some downtime during season, OK for morale.

Still don't like it during season though but maybe the odd session isn't so damaging. 

I can understand your view. 

I think if I were a manager - and more importantly if I felt I trusted the players - I'd encourage them to let their hair down occasionally. We've got a tough few weeks coming up so maybe it's good for them to get it out of their system now.

We've got such a drinking culture in this country that it's tough to get players - especially younger ones who aren't thinking about prolonging their career - to not drink at all. In addition, they are always getting invited to events, launches, concerts, club nights etc so it's hard for them to be tee-total.

In terms of an athlete's maximum capacity for performance - alcohol will affect it. But I think the team bonding benefits are more important which is probably why so many teams go on at least one night out on those tours/camps like Tenerife.

• Admin

When the original Rooney booze scandal (prosecco at a wedding?) broke I note Klopp as a foreign coach of Rooney's team's main rivals was particularly defensive of Rooney, stating the situation was ridiculous & intimating that the occasional transgression wasn't so bad.

2 minutes ago, Ian M said:

When the original Rooney booze scandal (prosecco at a wedding?) broke I note Klopp as a foreign coach of Rooney's team's main rivals was particularly defensive of Rooney, stating the situation was ridiculous & intimating that the occasional transgression wasn't so bad.

Yeah I noticed that. Then again, there's a similar drinking culture in Germany. You see this every single year.

168554820.jpg

Even our more cultured Mediterranean cousins enjoy a drink 

699_immagine_0.jpg

I think in moderation it's ok. Plenty of other things have to be managed that are related.. observation of Ramadan for example http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rowing/34125890

15 hours ago, redordead1 said:

Ha ha. You're right,  let's keep supporting the consummate professional who has come back from pre-season so out of shape the club have had to pretend he's injured. The same professional whose reaction has then been to get off his box in public and tell all this to any stranger who'll listen. You're right, let's keep that to ourselves and let him take the piss out of all who pay his wages in the meantime. 

You are clueless !! 

4 hours ago, Ian M said:

Yes, I suspect he was.  He seems half-cut most of the time himself.

Archived