IGNORED

England v Slovakia Matchday Thread

wendyredredrobin

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Reckon we'll go full circle and go for Mourinho eventually. 

Don't really understand why we went for Southgate. Not achieved much at all to warrant the England post, Tony Pulis even has a far better case!

Can't really be bothered with England at the moment. Too many horribly average midfielders - 10-15 years ago we had a fantastic midfield to choose from.. now look.

Perhaps in 5 years time we'll have a better side, a few good young players coming through.

Mourinho has said when he finishes with club football he would like to manage Portugal. Much too high maintenance for the FA.

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I was being facetious earlier but maybe Cotts could do better with this lot

Don't pick this lot. Blood and guts will win fans back; show the prima donnas what they are missing. 

3 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

1. Yes Man

2. We've said this every 5 years since the 70s

Well kind of, but not as much since 2006. I think from 2010 onwards we've seen ourselves as a quarter final team not a contender.

I really thought we could (and perhaps should) have won Euro 2004. Obviously world cups much harder. Since 06 I think we've had a worse crop of players.

The age group from 16-21 is genuinely quite exciting - including Abraham.

2 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Can't seem to get a reliable stream and by the sound of it, I'm glad.  Is is so dismal again?

Have only been watching since after their goal. We have laboured to a few chances. Not seen the goal, but from the thread comments, sounds like Rashford had a 'mare.

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

WTF  was Rashford doing 

:grr:

Trying to run out with the ball just outside our area in 3rd minute of game

Then switches off and loses the scorer 

Idiot

More to the point what was Walker doing vacating his position?  If he held his position like any full back knows, he stops the ball through.  Simple.

He is possibly the most overrated player in World football.  A £50 million defender who can't defend properly.

9 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

We've found the closet jock

I find it funny as well in a way. Over hyped yet again and the reality is we're absolute bollocks. £50m for walker and it's only his pace gets him out of trouble, his positioning for a full back is shocking . How the **** Henderson is a international I'll never know. England=bang ******* average . Bring back the mighty reds and the championship . Club before country 

Archived