IGNORED

England v Slovakia Matchday Thread

wendyredredrobin

39 minutes ago, Neo said:

Whats the view on the Ox? Over-rated in my view - very strong but delivery is seriously poor

His decision making is laughably shit. If you freeze frame the action at the end of one of his runs where he does actually beat a couple of defenders, you can almost bet your mortgage on him making the worst choice of what's on offer to him at that moment.

49 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Better tonight against better opposition than Malta. Conceding an early goal instilled some urgency.

It was, especially how we closed them down after the second, but the moaners on here take the biscuit, I swear most of them just hope and pray England lose along with the City of course they slink away after they are made to look daft, and just wait for the next match to start all over again. It is odd, very odd that we have so many of these types on here, it's not the same on other sites, Reading for example , their lot think they are gonna win the League. :facepalm:

• Admin
27 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Another footballer playing at the highest level who lacks a football brain. 

I think there's some rule that England's most talented footballer in each generation has to be a bit messed up or stupid. Think back thru our various teams since the 90s and draw your own conclusions. 

15 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

It was, especially how we closed them down after the second, but the moaners on here take the biscuit, I swear most of them just hope and pray England lose along with the City of course they slink away after they are made to look daft, and just wait for the next match to start all over again. It is odd, very odd that we have so many of these types on here, it's not the same on other sites, Reading for example , their lot think they are gonna win the League. :facepalm:

BBSB gone rogue again? Surely even you might appreciate what I helped you with regarding understanding football?:whistle:

I have highlighted the bit you might want to consider.

Shocking first half but much improved second. Henderson as captain, not sure why, bang average. Alex Ox at £40m, crazy for someone who can run at people but has the decision making skills of a 5 year old. Joe Hart has been declining for years, we have Pickford, Forster who are much better. a few of our players couldnt even pass kidney stones. Yes we won the game but Southgate is so far out of his depth and clearly a yes man.

8 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Shocking first half but much improved second. Henderson as captain, not sure why, bang average. Alex Ox at £40m, crazy for someone who can run at people but has the decision making skills of a 5 year old. Joe Hart has been declining for years, we have Pickford, Forster who are much better. a few of our players couldnt even pass kidney stones. Yes we won the game but Southgate is so far out of his depth and clearly a yes man.

Couple are out injured. and you have suggested nothing really different there. what is it you think Southgate should be doing??

13 hours ago, City_USA said:

Download the Hola extension for Chrome, browse from the UK then just watch via ITV.com

Works like a charm for me

I thought it was only on Sky, I have a feed for all BBC and ITV channels which I pay for, it is on a private VPN.  I believe the BBC have now blocked iPlayer on Hola now.

11 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

An idea start is to pick players on form and not because of the team they play for. man u, liverpool, chelsea, man c & spurs. Nothing changes.

So who are these players? what formations? tactics? Allardyce was coated off on here for the same old and Southgate is playing younger players and gets the same.

12 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

There is a massive difference between moaning and being realistic.

Reading fans are just deluded, I could come on here everyday and state that City will win the league, would that make you happy?  

The people you refer to as being moaners are probably like me, people who see billions of pounds pumped into the top league, but leaving English football and most of all, the English team no better than we were 30,40,50 years ago.

14 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Take away Spurs, the other four you mentioned dont have more than one or two English players playing for them anyway!!.

Fair enough re Chelsea and Man City, less so for Liverpool (Henderson, Lallana, Milner, Sturridge, Clyne, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gomez, Alexander-Arnold, Solanke) and Man United (Jones, Smalling, Rashford, Lingard, Shaw, Carrick, Young).

What I said last night I thought about a bit more.

We have the players to play some good passing football. Quarter finals shouldn't be beyond us unless we get a draw like the last WC- Italy, Uruguay horrible draw. As it turned out, Costa Rica surprised everyone but...

Hart

Clyne/Walker Stones Cahill Rose

Dier Henderson Lallana

Alli

Kane Rashford

Rashford can pull out wide, Alli can play there or push higher- that front 3 can be fluid if utilised correctly. Dier obviously would be the defensive mid, as the deepest of those 3 Lallana would be as opposed to out wide, good balance there IMO of technical (Lallana), defensive (Dier) and box to box (Henderson). Good energy in the side too.

Alternatively, Alli as part of a front 3 all interchanging, knowing that there's the insurance of Dier in front of the back 4 to fall back on. I think if utilised correctly this side can produce some decent football and be respectable in Russia.

Or maybe.

Hart

Clyne/Walker Stones Cahill Rose

Dier 

Henderson Alli

Sterling Kane Rashford

Dier would be screening in front of back 4. Henderson Lallana as central pair- one box to box, one more technical and Sterling, Kane Rashford all have potential to interchange and create problems in opposition defence.

32 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

There is a massive difference between moaning and being realistic.

Reading fans are just deluded, I could come on here everyday and state that City will win the league, would that make you happy?  

The people you refer to as being moaners are probably like me, people who see billions of pounds pumped into the top league, but leaving English football and most of all, the English team no better than we were 30,40,50 years ago.

I wasn't asking for an explanation as to how the England Team has been performing in the last 30/40/50 years just the last 45 minutes last night,and for me that was much more like it if we are to win anything anytime soon. I know Reading fans might be deluded, but a bit of blind faith might be what we need on here, instead of all the slating the team, manager, at every opportunity.  

1 hour ago, Super said:

Tbf, Thought he was full of shite, but this looks like it backs him up...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/dele-alli-swears-video-footage-kyle-walker-referee-england-vs-slovakia-a7930131.html

You can see Walker complaining at him a bit and then he sticks his finger up.

14 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

Can see him at Real Madrid or Barcelona in the next few years 

Maybe.

He will need to continue to deliver on the International stage too, unsure they would sign- especially Real Madrid with their Galactico branding- someone who delivers for club but not so much country.

As for England, I saw a great post under an article. The term kick and run is certainly inaccurate, but the comment has some truth for sure:

Ali is a really good young player, but it does not matter playing for England as the Prem league kick and run high speed footy is no preparation for slow speed international tournaments played in the height of summer. Continental players have time to develop skills in slow speed leagues ,due to climate. If you slow play down over hear you are called a luxury player. 11 Hoddles would play some great stuff but 11 Bryan Robson's would win the plaudits hear for their work rate and tackling . So no chance of winning.

10 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Tbf, Thought he was full of shite, but this looks like it backs him up...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/dele-alli-swears-video-footage-kyle-walker-referee-england-vs-slovakia-a7930131.html

You can see Walker complaining at him a bit and then he sticks his finger up.

Does it really matter who it was meant for?

Archived