IGNORED

bristol city stickers

horse136

43 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Is it right Spanish bar is members only on a match day now?

Owner has been getting quite a bit of grief from the police complaining about people standing on the pavement drinking. He can have 30-40 people in there at a time on his license so no membership as far as I know, just restricted numbers. 

15 hours ago, horse136 said:

does anyone know where I can get some of those credit card size stickers, please message  me

Spanish Bar on Match Days. Ask for Rich or Guy. Usually £1 for a bag of stickers.

No membership required to enter the Spanish, but numbers are restricted.

5 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Owner has been getting quite a bit of grief from the police complaining about people standing on the pavement drinking. He can have 30-40 people in there at a time on his license so no membership as far as I know, just restricted numbers. 

People pissing up the side street , didn't exactly impress the neighbours or old bill 

1 hour ago, class_not_gas said:

People pissing up the side street , didn't exactly impress the neighbours or old bill 

Yeah it's not great behaviour, but at what point does Dave stop becoming liable for the actions of those people. 

I wonder if it's actually possible for them to do anything to him/the bar based on what goes on outside of the property. (Honestly not clued up about this, just doesn't seem right to me if they can threaten him with closure) 

2 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Yeah it's not great behaviour, but at what point does Dave stop becoming liable for the actions of those people. 

I wonder if it's actually possible for them to do anything to him/the bar based on what goes on outside of the property. (Honestly not clued up about this, just doesn't seem right to me if they can threaten him with closure) 

Guessing that with the limited facilities inside and the number using it questions were asked, hopefully everything is okay.

3 hours ago, Second City Exile said:

Strangest/most obscure place you've spotted a sticker ?

Not an obscure location but was walking a colleague back to temple meads on a non match day. Stopped at a crossing and pressed the button, where we both saw a sticker telling us that "Darrell Clarke s*cks off dogs"

Immature I know... but it made me laugh 

On 9/5/2017 at 17:06, horse136 said:

does anyone know where I can get some of those credit card size stickers, please message  me

Hi Horse.

As already alluded to, the most guaranteed place for you to purchase stickers would be at El Rincon (The Spanish Bar) on North Street, either pre or post game.

Sarj mentioned to ask for Rich or Guy, but Rich is traveling South East Asia for a year so ask for Guy or Harry (me).

They are £1 per pack.  We currently have a pack of 9 large (credit card size) or a pack of 16 smaller ones.

Alternatively, look out for us wandering the concourse inside AG pre match and at half time - now that we are able to access the horseshoe we can sell our wares more widely.

Third option is to come and find us in the South Stand unreserved corner.  Locate the chap with the drum and ask him to point me out.

You can also access our Instagram account - bristol_city_stickers.

8 hours ago, kivsy said:

Always found it strange how fans pick the smallest bar in Bristol to drink in!  

Size is not important kivsy.  Atmosphere, vibe, fun, friendly.  All words I associate with drinking in Spanish that I've never experienced in any other City pub.
Everyone in there knows one another (well, they do now), everyone says hello to one another on arrival, never any hassle, always a good friendly fun camaraderie.  And the landlord Dave is super friendly and welcoming.
Just a shame the police didn't like such a nice thing happening at football and have instructed him to not allow drinking outside pre-match.  Which has meant a restriction on numbers having to apply.
Nothing to do with anyone wazzing up the side streets either.  Just moaning minnies, wannabe Cliftonites, supercilious Southville sh*tbags complaining about not being able to walk past with 2 year old Tarquin without feeling intimidated (not that ANY intimidation occurs, quite the opposite infact, as everyone used to look out for families walking by and politely create a gangway for them to pass through).

So, in summary, great little boozer, cracking vibe, now being ruined by the authorities - they just can't stand us lads having a bit of fun.

47 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

On that r*vers substitute, someone will know what im on about and have the picture

This ....

That second pic revealed that while they had their ‘fan moment’, Tommy had managed to gently fix a Bristol City sticker to the back of Brown’s Rovers polo shirt – a ‘South Bristol On Tour’ BCFC one, to be precise.

Lee-Brown-sticker-1.jpg

Lee-Brown-sticker-2.jpg

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

This ....

That second pic revealed that while they had their ‘fan moment’, Tommy had managed to gently fix a Bristol City sticker to the back of Brown’s Rovers polo shirt – a ‘South Bristol On Tour’ BCFC one, to be precise.

Lee-Brown-sticker-1.jpg

Lee-Brown-sticker-2.jpg

Wasnt thinking that one actually, someone was at a night game as i recall and slapped one of their lot on the back with one, about 2 years back now?

Archived