IGNORED

Taylor and the 'tapping up' saga

'Orns

A G*s 'mate' of mine reckons we paid £2m to stop the Blue Few taking us to the FA about whether Taylor was tapped up

I call massive BS, anyone know the truth? Like I told him, if they had the 6th richest owner in the country they wouldn't need the £2m and I'd take the hated, prettier, bigger, more successful 'lot up the road' to task over it. I did say that he could console himself that they've spent the £2.3m they've had from us wisely......

3 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

A G*s 'mate' of mine reckons we paid £2m to stop the Blue Few taking us to the FA about whether Taylor was tapped up

I call massive BS, anyone know the truth? Like I told him, if they had the 6th richest owner in the country they wouldn't need the £2m and I'd take the hated, prettier, bigger, more successful 'lot up the road' to task over it. I did say that he could console himself that they've spent the £2.3m they've had from us wisely......

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHGHALJKDFHGLDSKFJGH THE ******* GIFT

19 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Your mates a ******* idiot like the rest of them.

48 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I can assure you not a penny over £300k went their way 

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Something you can be sure of is that money is laundered in and out of football clubs through foreign bank accounts and investments using a technique known as layering.  Suitcases and brown envelopes stuffed with cash have been heard of too.

I've heard it can extend to grounds! Rolled up into bed rolls and carried by backpackers. :whistle:

What I heard is that we'd actually made a bid of £300k for Taylor a week earlier but Rovers turned it down!

We then had to get the lawyers involved and politely point the clause out to them. Knowing the kind of bitterness and inferiority complex their club has had for years, I would suggest this is a far more believable set of events that the OP!

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

Has your 'mate' recently visited a computer repair shop in the Henbury area, by any chance? 

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

I also have a gas mate but he reckons the world is flat, thinks that Elvis lives on the moon and his knuckles scuff somewhat terribly when he walks... I tend to ignore him.

Complete bollards of course.  What does he think agents do exactly?  

The hilarious thing is they did "take us to the FA" and were laughed out of the room.

The gentleman's agreement not to sign their players was just acknowledging that they have none worth signing and are a right bunch of fueless cluckwits to do business with.

Archived