IGNORED

Q and A tonight

Phileas Fogg

If this has been said in an interview and I've missed it fine, but can someone ask LJ where he sees Brownhill's future, as a centre mid or playing wide right? I saw JB said recently he's enjoying his spell out wide but sees himself as a cm still and would be interesting hearing LJ's opinion. 

14 minutes ago, 8MenWith1Dream said:

Is this not being streamed ffs?

Hardly think its that bad they're not, no stream encourages people to turn up. Otherwise we could send 1 person with a list of questions from everyone to ask. Streaming then requires another person to have to come in and do the stuff responsible for it, would we then be paying them for their time? It's not that much of a hardship that its not being streamed as we'll find out everything that was said anyway by people posting on here at least. 

7 minutes ago, hodge said:

Hardly think its that bad they're not, no stream encourages people to turn up. Otherwise we could send 1 person with a list of questions from everyone to ask. Streaming then requires another person to have to come in and do the stuff responsible for it, would we then be paying them for their time? It's not that much of a hardship that its not being streamed as we'll find out everything that was said anyway by people posting on here at least. 

Agree with your sentiment, but wouldnt be surprised if it had a stream.

Wouldnt be hard for one of the media team to set it up.

Could someone ask about the Lansdown Upper? Ridiculous that those who set to sit in groups can't access and end up being spread out over the ground, or not going. The economic argument of not opening it is rubbish, say an extra 200 supporters at £20 each... £4000 the cost extra stewards say £500. That's £3500 profit minimum. If they're worried about unsavouriness going up there limit to Forever Bristol members only. Be good to have a few more incentives for that Membership. 

Also, why dont they allow on a limited number of matches per year Forever Bristol Members to purchase tickets for friends as a priority. 

Daft, on both issues that, as supporters were trying to do the Club's job of encouraging people who are either casual or non- supporters to attend but put obstacles in the way to their matchday experience enjoyment. 

I couldn't make it tonight, as by the time I got home from work, had something to eat, saw my daughter after her first day back at school, etc, it was simply too late to do so (and I am lucky enough to live in BS3).

However I do think it is a bit rich these people posting "will you ask about so and so" if you don't turn up (and yes, I do appreciate some on here live in Sweden or Thailand) then why should you expect someone to bother to ask questions on your behalf?

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I couldn't make it tonight, as by the time I got home from work, had something to eat, saw my daughter after her first day back at school, etc, it was simply too late to do so (and I am lucky enough to live in BS3).

However I do think it is a bit rich these people posting "will you ask about so and so" if you don't turn up (and yes, I do appreciate some on here live in Sweden or Thailand) then why should you expect someone to bother to ask questions on your behalf?

As not all of us live 'in the heartland of BS3'. For me it would be at least an hours travel each way, can't particularly afford to spending the petrol for that atm (add the bridge fee). They're not demands to be asked, if someone is happy enough to ask then great for those of us who can't make it. 

6 hours ago, Neo said:

I won't be there but if anybody wants to ask a good question it would be "Why is Luke Ayling now considered one of the best right backs in the league"?  Would love to have gone and asked that.

And before anybody jumps on the 'anything to have a dig at LJ' type response - which is something I have never done - it is something that genuinely intrigues me, because I don't understand football to that purist level.

Is it coaching, the role he plays in the formation of the team or is it lots of little things I would not even consider - I know we can all speculate but would be interesting to know what experienced football coaches who also know the personality think is the reason it has just clicked for him now to a better level than it did here.

It is a good question. I used to bump into Luke occasionally around where he lived when in Bristol. The last time I had a brief chat with him and Poppy I asked when he would be back in the first team. He shrugged and said "the gaffer doesn't seem to like me". Which I took to mean he didn't rate him, although that didn't really stack up, even at the time. Maybe it was a personality thing, or perhaps the Cheltenham incident (harsh if so).

Whatever, no doubt Luke is more than happy with the eventual outcome.  

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Erm... because it's a 4 hour round trip.

If another Q&A pops up (I'm guessing after Jan transfer window), I will attend and record the session, then transcribe and upload to here.

Think "Sky Sports News media darling" Lisa Knights is compere for the evening tonight so hopefully the next one will be under the Beanhead stewardship.

6 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

If another Q&A pops up (I'm guessing after Jan transfer window), I will attend and record the session, then transcribe and upload to here.

Think "Sky Sports News media darling" Lisa Knights is compere for the evening tonight so hopefully the next one will be under the Beanhead stewardship.

I reckon you and @Dollymarie are secretly massive fans of Ms Knights, regardless of what you post on here.

1 hour ago, Moor2Sea said:

Could someone ask about the Lansdown Upper? Ridiculous that those who set to sit in groups can't access and end up being spread out over the ground, or not going. The economic argument of not opening it is rubbish, say an extra 200 supporters at £20 each... £4000 the cost extra stewards say £500. That's £3500 profit minimum. If they're worried about unsavouriness going up there limit to Forever Bristol members only. Be good to have a few more incentives for that Membership. 

Also, why dont they allow on a limited number of matches per year Forever Bristol Members to purchase tickets for friends as a priority. 

Daft, on both issues that, as supporters were trying to do the Club's job of encouraging people who are either casual or non- supporters to attend but put obstacles in the way to their matchday experience enjoyment. 

Sorry but the whole point of Forever Bristol membership is to get priority tickets. Only these people should get priority, not a nobody who hasn't paid for one.

Tickets always make general sale so if you want to take a friend just wait. It's not the club putting an obstacle in the way, why should someone who never comes get "priority"? 

Also you make your membership back after 4 games so that's by far enough of an incentive. 

4 minutes ago, Selred said:

Sorry but the whole point of Forever Bristol membership is to get priority tickets. Only these people should get priority, not a nobody who hasn't paid for one.

Tickets always make general sale so if you want to take a friend just wait. It's not the club putting an obstacle in the way, why should someone who never comes get "priority"? 

Also you make your membership back after 4 games so that's by far enough of an incentive. 

Possibly true, but you might want a refresh on your diplomacy skills? 

I went and was very very surprised by how few fans could be bothered to go.

When I arrived at 6:50 there were 38 people in the room.

All in all, it was an interesting evening, with plenty of intelligent questions asked and some good responses.

I'll let someone else summarise the topics as if you can't be bothered to go, I can't be bothered to tell you :-)

2 minutes ago, MT1970 said:

All in all, it was an interesting evening, with plenty of intelligent questions asked and some good responses.

I'll let someone else summarise the topics as if you can't be bothered to go, I can't be bothered to tell you :-)

Oooh! You tease.

2 hours ago, 8MenWith1Dream said:

Is this not being streamed ffs?

No. It was said there was no stream/live tweeting by the club so that the panel (LJ, MA et al) could speak more openly. There was at least one snippet of info that was prefixed as being "no social media".

2 hours ago, Ohbasso said:

Could someone ask about the training ground, I know the rugby are getting a new one but are there plans for us to share or get a new one of our own?

Not too much said about the training ground other than some announcement expected to be forthcoming in the near future.

12 minutes ago, MT1970 said:

Shame some of us don't live in Bristol. I work in London and live in Essex. 

There was loads in that so will try remember it all.

LJ essentially has a system where he will create his championship team of the year within his scouting software and then look at all the players around the world that match those players in certain areas. He had Knockaert at RM which is how we found Eliasson.

Said scouting essentially starts with watching 20 minute clips of said players, then analysts watch 10 games streamed, edit the best bits, send to LJ, and then if the club still like the player they will go to watch 5 games live then make a decision.

LJ admitted he couldn't sleep last season because he 'didn't trust certain players to live the right lifestyle' but is much better now and trusts current squad with his life.

Laughed about how Rovers reacted to us signing Matty Taylor. LJ went to Rovers Cardiff game and was basically attacked in his car by people trying to flip it whilst he was behind the wheel.

Showed us the clubs recruitment video to all players we want to sign which is like a 10 minute highlight reel about the club, the city, attractions etc which is immense. Is shown to all players & agents & clubs that we may have interest in.

Turned down multiple bids across August for Bobby Reid. All of the management told LJ not to play him as striker but LJ did anyway.

Engvall has statistically been the best striker in Sweden in his time there but can't deal with the physicality of champ cbs.

Club rejected bids for Lloyd Kelly after the Watford game, and Jamie Mac was huge in him getting called up to the England u20s for 'basically harrassing the FA telling people how good he is'. 

Think that's all aside from the bit MA asked for us to not put on any media platforms....!

Archived