IGNORED

Q and A tonight

Phileas Fogg

4 minutes ago, oldrosie said:

"within his scouting software  look at all the players around the world"  "he couldn't sleep last season" "trusts current squad with his life."  "attacked in his car by people trying to flip it"  "the city, attractions etc which is immense"  prem clubs trying to sign Eliasson but we got there first"  "Baker was signed to preempt us selling Flint last minute and ******* us up" "financially on a deal to replace him"  "Jamie Mac was huge in him getting called up to the England u20s for 'basically harrassing the FA telling people how good he is'. "  what a load of pretentious crap!

You should of went you could of told them 

3 minutes ago, oldrosie said:

"within his scouting software  look at all the players around the world"  "he couldn't sleep last season" "trusts current squad with his life."  "attacked in his car by people trying to flip it"  "the city, attractions etc which is immense"  prem clubs trying to sign Eliasson but we got there first"  "Baker was signed to preempt us selling Flint last minute and ******* us up" "financially on a deal to replace him"  "Jamie Mac was huge in him getting called up to the England u20s for 'basically harrassing the FA telling people how good he is'. "  what a load of pretentious crap!

Thanks for clearing that up for us. 

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

After attending tonight I am 100% sure our club is in the right hands and it won't be too long before we are in the premier league. If anyone ever has any doubts about the management then get along to one of these and your mind will be put at rest.

5 minutes ago, oldrosie said:

Unfortunately some people would rather sit at a keyboard spouting bile. I guess it makes them feel a bit better about themselves.

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I'm sure the bit about Elliason and Reid was asked to be kept quiet.

So much was said tho it was information overload and my brain is now frazzled. 

It was really enjoyable and really insightful.

It was Eliasson & Baker - just ragged my memory for it. Taken them out. :)

11 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

And yet two of the sensitive things they asked not to be disclosed you have disclosed. Cheers

6 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Don't recall there being any other bits?! Say which and I'll edit them out pal

Just to be clear, can you just list all the 'sensitive' bits and we'll be sure not to tell anyone. Ta. 

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

It was Eliasson & Baker - just ragged my memory for it. Taken them out. :)

That was it. Nice one. I liked how honest and open they were and I hope the people there can keep stum so in the future they continue to be honest at these events. They are always open for anyone to attend if they wish to hear what was said.

9 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

After attending tonight I am 100% sure our club is in the right hands and it won't be too long before we are in the premier league. If anyone ever has any doubts about the management then get along to one of these and your mind will be put at rest.

Talking a good game is one thing. It's a results business. 

I believe the club would get a far larger turnout of fans if they were to hold one of these meetings in Central London. Many of us exiles would gladly turn up even if we only work in town and travel up daily from far and wide in The South East.  Perhaps those with the right contacts could suggest this to the club authorities

10 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Mate. Talk is cheap. Let's see us manage a stress free mid table existence for a year or two and some of us might start to believe that some of this has substance to it rather than being a lot of very well presented hot air.

3 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I believe the club would get a far larger turnout of fans if they were to hold one of these meetings in Central London. Many of us exiles would gladly turn up even if we only work in town and travel up daily from far and wide in The South East.  Perhaps those with the right contacts could suggest this to the club authorities

Are you incapable of asking anything yourself?

2 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Like the ones Steve Lansdown does once or twice a season in pubs at away games? Nice idea. 

2 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Talking a good game is one thing. It's a results business. 

Mark Ashton made it clear that he has dealt with managers in the past, including at this club who have talked the talk but not delivered. He very passionately said that our management team are not all talk, that they work 6-11 each day for example and when they say their gonna do something they do it.

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Mark Ashton made it clear that he has dealt with managers in the past, including at this club who have talked the talk but not delivered. He very passionately said that our management team are not all talk, that they work 6-11 each day for example and when they say their gonna do something they do it.

You misunderstand. What he meant by "results business" was "not losing 13 out of 16" and "not setting a club record for being a shitehouse".

But that was all so very last year, so let's all concentrate on Reading, Wolves, Derby and Norwich in the next month - get some results out of that lot and he'll be walking the walk not just talking the talk and I will applaud him for it. 

3 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Mate. Talk is cheap. Let's see us manage a stress free mid table existence for a year or two and some of us might start to believe that some of this has substance to it rather than being a lot of very well presented hot air.

Totally. This time last year was Europa League!! Just to remind you we had the most embarrassing run of defeats in our entire history a few months ago. Pretty much the whole fan base wanted LJ gone. If he gets results then fair enough and we will all be happy and perhaps believe in achieving something. But jury still out for now. It's been an average start so far. Next 5 will be interesting. If he rates Eliasson so much play the lad! Don't stick players like Brownhill on the wing!! He said the same about Engvall last year when a premier league club asked after him.

7 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Ok fine. So show us the results Lee. 

9 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Trust me, our management team mean business. 

Sorry, heard it all before. Please don't be so naïve to believe unquestioningly (is that a word) everything that's fed to you, however well it's done. A pinch of scepticism goes a long way.

And I mean that about everyone who feeds you a line, not just BCFC.

2 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Sorry, heard it all before. Please don't be so naïve to believe unquestioningly (is that a word) everything that's fed to you, however well it's done. A pinch of scepticism goes a long way.

Remember SL and Millen saying we can win the champ at the end of season awards. 10 games in we sacked Millen....talk is great in any business. 

Archived