IGNORED

Q and A tonight

Phileas Fogg

8 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Totally. This time last year was Europa League!! Just to remind you we had the most embarrassing run of defeats in our entire history a few months ago. Pretty much the whole fan base wanted LJ gone. If he gets results then fair enough and we will all be happy and perhaps believe in achieving something. But jury still out for now. It's been an average start so far. Next 5 will be interesting. If he rates Eliasson so much play the lad! Don't stick players like Brownhill on the wing!! He said the same about Engvall last year when a premier league club asked after him.

Don't listen do you. LJ has said he's been taking Eliasson for one on one coaching, said he's really excited about him but he has to get up to speed on the defensive side of his game. You would be first to slag LJ off if he played him and he  let his man run off him to score. Let him do what he needs to do behind the scenes and be patient.

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Don't listen do you. LJ has said he's been taking Eliasson for one on one coaching, said he's really excited about him but he has to get up to speed on the defensive side of his game. You would be first to slag LJ off if he played him and he  let his man run off him to score. Let him do what he needs to do behind the scenes and be patient.

Its as if players aren't perfect :surrender:

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

You're dealing with someone who described Eliasson as being 'forgotten about already' because he was on the bench for his first two games.

Very much a (good) PR exercise with a limit time wise for many questions / subjects

Goeaned more chatting to LJ / DH / JM after wards than during the event itself

Will post in morning with the bits I learnt / gleaned

Thought LJ and Jamie M spoke well , DH hardly had any input , Mark Ashton is certainly full of himself and ...... Lisa Knights. ...... Why ?

Some interesting little snippets though - will post match omorrow .....

Oh ..... and Cardiff didn't know about LTs impending judicial situation :laughcont:

11 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

What you describe happened against Birmingham. It's common knowledge that Eliasson can not defend. It's not his style of play. Concentrate on his strenghts.

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Very much a (good) PR exercise with a limit time wise for many questions / subjects

Goeaned more chatting to LJ / DH / JM after wards than during the event itself

Will post in morning with the bits I learnt / gleaned

Thought LJ and Jamie M spoke well , DH hardly had any input , Mark Ashton is certainly full of himself and ...... Lisa Knights. ...... Why ?

Some interesting little snippets though - will post match omorrow .....

Oh ..... and Cardiff didn't know about LTs impending judicial situation :laughcont:

Interesting, looking forward to the write up. Good that people got a chance to chat with LJ etc afterwards. Sounds like it benefitted from having a small turnout.

Will try and go next time if it becomes a regular thing.

5 minutes ago, Neo said:

Thanks for the feedback - I regret being lazy now.

In terms of the sensitive information, unfortunately it will come out - always does - mate tells trusted mate who tells trusted mate and suddenly it's all over twitter - human nature. 

Don't get hung up about sensitive stuff that won't come out and wonder what you've missed  - nothing too groundbreaking - the only real thing I can think,of is the club utilising info , at a time they're not really meant too , as all clubs do

The questions were on the whole sensible subjects and LJ & Co were sensible but open about their answers 

20 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Sorry, heard it all before. Please don't be so naïve to believe unquestioningly (is that a word) everything that's fed to you, however well it's done. A pinch of scepticism goes a long way.

And I mean that about everyone who feeds you a line, not just BCFC.

I know where your coming from- I've always been sceptical about pretty much everything the club do/say for decades

That said, both MA and LJ have been impressive whenever I've hears them speak independently of each other and slowly I have begun to,believe that they and others involved at the club are actually implementing SLs strategy and that the green shoots of progress are showing through.

Having bean watching City for 50 years I honestly feel that the club is as healthy as its ever been.

6 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

What you describe happened against Birmingham. It's common knowledge that Eliasson can not defend. It's not his style of play. Concentrate on his strenghts.

And potentially let his weakness cost us defensively every game? Makes sense to work on his defensive part of his game. 

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Out of interest, was any reason given for requesting that a public meeting was kept 'off line'?

Strikes me that this would just lead to further speculation and an ITK feeling.

Not really Rob

But I think there was an understanding between audience and the staff that any hot talk would leak out and could backfire and think they wanted to feel that they could be open and honest within reason

As much as people may have wanted to no one asked ' Whats the real,story behind Tomlin' etc

(I think the audience realised that such questions would be a) unfair b) never going to get a full and open explanation , however much everyone would like to know )

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not really Rob

But Imthink there was an understanding between audience and the staff that any hot talk would leak out and could backfire and think they wanted to feel that they could be open and honest within reason

As much as people may have wanted to bpno one asked ' hats the real,story behingpd Tomlin' etc

(I think the audience realised that such questions would be a) unfair b) never going to get a full and open explanation , however much everyone would like to know )

So the bar was open then! (Or you have a new phone!) ;)

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Rather than trying to improve his weakness?

Exactly what LJ said - Staff all excited about Elliason - skips past Joe Bryan in training and 'not many do that'

LJ said he also cost us two goals with his weakenesses defensively / understanding of his role and said if he had a perfect all round game , we wouldn't have him , and thatbitsmdown tonthe coaching staff to work on his weakenesses :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Exactly what LJ said - Staff all excited about Elliason - skips past Joe Bryan in training and 'not many do that'

LJ said he also cost us two goals with his weakenesses defensively / understanding of his role and said if he had a perfect all round game , we wouldn't have him , and thatbitsmdown tonthe coaching staff to work on his weakenesses :thumbsup:

Sounds like he's genuinely really excited by him based on accounts from tonight. Guess it's a case of breaking him in gently.

Did anyone ask about Diedhiou? Thought a few may ask questions about his performances and value for money 

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Sounds like he's genuinely really excited by him based on accounts from tonight. Guess it's a case of breaking him in gently.

Did anyone ask about Diedhiou? Thought a few may ask questions about his performances and value for money 

He pointed out that FM is still only 24 - and having to adapt to the pace / physicality of Championship

Said that FD was noticeably struggling physically after an hour or so and each game they noticed he was struggling earlier and needs time to get used to the physicality & pace

(One of them told me that Pisano can't believe the pace and intensity of the Championship and keeps saying 'It's so f****** fast '.  repeatedly !!! - But also said Pisano is a top bloke / character and absolutely loves it )

3 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

The day we get a team together that can dictate a game we don't have to bother about individuals defensive shortcomings.

Less than a year ago we could have bought Eliasson for £100,000.

And if he could defend he'd cost a lot more than what we paid for him.

Archived