IGNORED

Graffiti artwork in Ashton Gate

phantom

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

What are they going to do with the two bits either side of the main picture?

There is something going up in both.  Large panels with historical information and tributes to people who have been involved with BCFC over the years.

Here's a quote from the club's website:

City plan to recognise club legends – both footballing and non-footballing – as part of the finished product.

Ashton Gate chairman Martin Griffiths said: “The heritage and history is key to any football club and that’s key to this artwork.

“On one side we’ll recognise the players, but – equally as important – we want to use it as a chance to recognise some unsung heroes who don’t kick a football but have still played a major role for the club over the years.

34 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

The wall is now complete.  Andy Council worked up until 7pm last night to get it finished.

Some will like it, others won't.

I'm just the photographer who was commissioned by Upfest, who were commissioned by BCFC, to provide the artists to do the work.

MYKG9087_pe_pe-001.jpg

Got to be honest that look ******* terrible. Whats with the red areas ? What are they supposed to depict ? What's going on with the robin. 

Ok edited it now, have too wait and see what it looks like when finished

On 09/09/2017 at 14:31, RedKatieScarlett said:

My small itk will tell you these facts!

Banksy has been a City fan since before the 80s...

He is a regular attendee at Ashton Gate ...

... and is, as we all know, notoriously secretive about his identity as well as his choice of subjects for his work. No one      " commissions" a Banksy!

I'm Banksy!

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Does seem strange that they used two different artists with styles that don't seem to compliment each other's work.

Both are clearly very talented, but together it looks a bit conflicted.

(I know nothing about art)

There were 3 artists.

Voyder, Inkie and Andy Council.

9 minutes ago, Fiale said:

It's a strange angle to see any detail. I am sure it looks better when your there and get to see the thing in its setting

It's probably the only angle it can be photographed from without using a super wide angle lens, which in turn, would cause a large amount of image distortion.

50 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Both are clearly very talented, but together it looks a bit conflicted.

Looks like what they call in the trade graffiti bombing over each other’s Work  (look up Robbo vs banksy)

To be honest knowing the past 3 artist Work I find this a mix mash of ideas and done very quickly with what appears to be less care taken in the final detail and more importantly just what would fans like to see, looks very box ticked to me.

Mural = tick

Robin (don’t matter which one) = tick

Red and white flag = tick

Stadium = tick

Bristol City = tick

Now chuck it all together.. 

Looks  very busy..... Oh well each to their own I guess but missed opportunity to take their time and do something really special.

10 minutes ago, cider head said:

Looks like what they call in the trade graffiti bombing over each other’s Work  (look up Robbo vs banksy)

To be honest knowing the past 3 artist Work I find this a mix mash of ideas and done very quickly with what appears to be less care taken in the final detail and more importantly just what would fans like to see, looks very box ticked to me.

Mural = tick

Stadium = tick

Bristol City = tick

Looks  very busy..... Oh well each to their own I guess but missed opportunity to take their time and do something really special.

Adds a dash of colour to the area.

Can't say I'll spend any time looking at it as I pass by. 

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

The wall is now complete.  Andy Council worked up until 7pm last night to get it finished.

Some will like it, others won't.

I'm just the photographer who was commissioned by Upfest, who were commissioned by BCFC, to provide the artists to do the work.

MYKG9087_pe_pe-001.jpg

I can't understand why the club have gone for a robin instead of the club's crest.

2 hours ago, cider head said:

Mural = tick

Stadium = tick

Bristol City = tick

Should be a 'tock' in there somewhere. ;)

I think it looks pretty good. I like want the club have done with that corner of the ground (with the Wedlock pub sign as well) to give the concourse a "home" feel. It would be good to have something on the blank spaces on the outside of the ground as well...

So the robin has been made up from buildings/things on or around North Street. North Street whose residents and businesses when we were trying to get Ashton Vale and sell AG site to Sainsbury's threw every obstacle they could in our way, and objected at every possible stage.

I just don't get it sorry, some people have short memories it appears. :blink:

11 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

So the robin has been made up from buildings/things on or around North Street. North Street whose residents and businesses when we were trying to get Ashton Vale and sell AG site to Sainsbury's threw every obstacle they could in our way, and objected at every possible stage.

It's like turkeys agreeing to christmas.

Box ticking with no thought to detail.

I don't like the mixture of styles, individually the styles are ok I just don't like them together. I guess it's art, and people look at it differently but in such a prominent place I think they should have played it safer, maybe 3 different murals along the concourse instead it looks they they are competing for wallspace #Messy

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It all looks a bit A-level art project to me. It feels a bit staged and contrived rather than something inspired and from the heart, which I thought was the point with art.

However it's possible I have no idea what I'm talking about.

You got it :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

not sure Andy Council and Bristol Sport would get the politics. are you going to pass that on?

11 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

But that's because they realised how much money they would lose if we moved away. I have to agree  with your sentiments though memories are short. The  Robin could have been made up of more iconic Bristol  landmarks and emphasised the OTIB 

Archived