IGNORED

Graffiti artwork in Ashton Gate

phantom

31 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Different artists with different styles collaborating is quite common in the world of Graffiti.....although, unlike this piece, they are usually all painting at the same time.

yes I get that but even on the walls around BS3 you can see that most of the artwork is by separate artists.

13 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

yes I get that but even on the walls around BS3 you can see that most of the artwork is by separate artists.

I think with such a big wall, it was far too big for just one artist.....and I'm guessing BCFC gave their brief to Upfest with this in mind.

I'm also guessing it wasn't cheap. Upfest may have wanted more than one artist to share the rewards.

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Well, if @CyderInACan and myself don't get recognition for #DMS then something is clearly amiss.

I wonder what the latest position is on 'chips'?

Will we be immortalised by way of our forum IDs or our actual real names? It's obviously a forgone conclusion so I'll get my frock dry-cleaned ready for the grand unveiling. 

I don't feel former mascot 'The City Cat' has ever been given proper recognition.

No idea if the City Cat is still with us or not of he has gone to the great litter tray in the sky, but I think he should be included on the memorial.

At the very least the person who had to out the suit on should get a mention. Apparently to keep the cats protection league happy, he had to have his knackers removed before he could start the job.

11 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I don't feel former mascot 'The City Cat' has ever been given proper recognition.

No idea if the City Cat is still with us or not of he has gone to the great litter tray in the sky, but I think he should be included on the memorial.

At the very least the person who had to out the suit on should get a mention. Apparently to keep the cats protection league happy, he had to have his knackers removed before he could start the job.

Wasn't he someone on Live TV, the old cable station that did Topless Darts?

I may be getting my 'celebrity' fans mixed up here though.....

They could do 6 foot of snow with Buster in shorts and T'shirt ..... hard as nails !
We used to run pirate coaches and she wasn't impressed to start with, began going in the shop regularly and got to know her. Lovely woman and total Red , always helpful and chatty ,deserves recognition does Beryl.

18 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

They could do 6 foot of snow with Buster in shorts and T'shirt ..... hard as nails !
We used to run pirate coaches and she wasn't impressed to start with, began going in the shop regularly and got to know her. Lovely woman and total Red , always helpful and chatty ,deserves recognition does Beryl.

I thought the only person running pirate coaches was long time forum poster.......

@Robbored

Given that we seem to be stuck after Beryl and Buster in terms of club legends, maybe we should expand the scope of the list to include unsung Bristolian legends.

I'll go with the bloke who used to hawk the Evening Post outside Dixons down Broadmead back in the 80s.

Evening Post 3 Staaaaaaar. 3 Staaaaaaaar Evening Post.

Dunno what his name was mind.

8 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Given that we seem to be stuck after Beryl and Buster in terms of club legends, maybe we should expand the scope of the list to include unsung Bristolian legends.

I'll go with the bloke who used to hawk the Evening Post outside Dixons down Broadmead back in the 80s.

Evening Post 3 Staaaaaaar. 3 Staaaaaaaar Evening Post.

Dunno what his name was mind.

Unlikely to make the Ashton Gate mural, but I always remember admiring Oscar, a regular at Eastville who I am sure is a legend to our friends north of the river. 

Archived