IGNORED

Graffiti artwork in Ashton Gate

phantom

I'm going to tag @generation1 here. You might have seen his thread (not in capitals, rarely) where he talked about running the junior reds. The committee there did that job, unpaid, for 25 years plus and must have got countless young fans into BCFC.

For me, whether it's individuals or the whole "Junior Reds" committee, that has to be another name on the list.

On 15/10/2017 at 21:53, Silvio Dante said:

I'm going to tag @generation1 here. You might have seen his thread (not in capitals, rarely) where he talked about running the junior reds. The committee there did that job, unpaid, for 25 years plus and must have got countless young fans into BCFC.

For me, whether it's individuals or the whole "Junior Reds" committee, that has to be another name on the list.

The junior reds was well ran, great volunteers who gave up so much time , it certainly got me into watching city , made great friends who I’m I. Contact with ,  fair play to Jon and Claire , Jean and joe reeves , thanks for great times as a kid. , so many great away days! 

Personally I don’t like the ‘supporters who deserve recognition’ panel. ( No I’m not on there but if asked would have refused). It’s sort of sets them up as some sort of elite super supporters and I’m sure many of the people who did what they did for the club didn’t do it to be recognised. Where do you draw the line, who gets added next. Doesn’t give me a good feeling at all. 

I would rather that both panels were used to carry the names of every player who ever played for us, very small font but it’s the overall effect. Like those shirts we had a few years ago now where the names were all printed onto the material. 

Go on bombard me with bins and snakes, but it’s my opinion and I’m sticking to it. 

13 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Same goes for Ian Cottle and Oskar Pycroft. 

I was very proud when I saw my brothers name their on Saturday.  

The Norwich game will mark the 5th anniversary since Ian passed away, and I am glad when people remember him. 

COYR.

10 hours ago, RumRed said:

What is it with our club and fonts?  :grr:

Very difficult to explain.

He first came here on loan, having played previously for Gary Johnson at Yeovil, and went on to become a stalwart of the 2006/07 team that got promoted to the Championship and, indeed, flourished in the Championship itself, losing in the play-off final to Hull City. 

Was Fonts disillusioned at having got so near, but so far, to the promised land of the Premiership, or was his head turned by a transfer bid from Southampton falling through due, apparently, to a previously unknown injury?

Or did everything just go pear-shaped when GJ reneged on his promise to bare his backside in Burton's shop window should Fonts score in that magical play-off season?

As we all know, Fonts did actually score (against Wolves) and whilst I have never seen GJ's backside, so am unable to advise whether or not it is pear-shaped (though I doubt it somehow), I understand that GJ never did bare his backside, pear-shaped or otherwise, in Burton's shop window, so perhaps this was instrumental in Fonts' decline from hero to villain. 

7 hours ago, RedM said:

Personally I don’t like the ‘supporters who deserve recognition’ panel. ( No I’m not on there but if asked would have refused). It’s sort of sets them up as some sort of elite super supporters and I’m sure many of the people who did what they did for the club didn’t do it to be recognised. Where do you draw the line, who gets added next. Doesn’t give me a good feeling at all. 

I would rather that both panels were used to carry the names of every player who ever played for us, very small font but it’s the overall effect. Like those shirts we had a few years ago now where the names were all printed onto the material. 

Go on bombard me with bins and snakes, but it’s my opinion and I’m sticking to it. 

Just out of interest, did you pay a large sum of money to have your name put on the Atyeo statue? I would guess you did , and it seems to me that it amounts to the same thing, your name displayed at the club for an infinite amount of years. 

32 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Just out of interest, did you pay a large sum of money to have your name put on the Atyeo statue? I would guess you did , and it seems to me that it amounts to the same thing, your name displayed at the club for an infinite amount of years. 

No, because my name is not on the Atyeo statue because I don’t want it to be. I don’t need to see my name on a plaque but I understand there are plenty that do. It’s a nice statue though.

My name was up at Ashton Gate on the board of all the people who purchased shares when the club needed help, but then I didn’t ask for my name to be up there with hundreds of others. 

1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Just out of interest, why would you make that guess?

45 minutes ago, RedM said:

No, because my name is not on the Atyeo statue because I don’t want it to be. I don’t need to see my name on a plaque but I understand there are plenty that do. It’s a nice statue though.

My name was up at Ashton Gate on the board of all the people who purchased shares when the club needed help, but then I didn’t ask for my name to be up there with hundreds of others. 

Probably the best post on this thread :clap:

On 12/19/2017 at 16:42, RedM said:

Any idea where the board has gone? My name is on it (apparently) but I've never seen it. 

Archived