IGNORED

BCTV (Merged)

Redmycolour

16 hours ago, CiderCraig said:

Would suggest If it's working for most but not you, then it might be worth investigating your personal set up and/or your ISP. 

For those abroad, your ISP may throttle streaming, and those who are 'appearing' to be abroad, your VPN may not be the best, particularly if a free/cheap one,

I think this is good advice, if viewers are using an old or low spec pc/laptop that can hinder streaming greatly, also if you are viewing from Outer Mongolia the dial up internet probably won’t handle smooth streaming either.

Sorry to go on . . . . but . . . . .is everyone still having the same issue with the BCTV matchday center?

When you minimize your browser, you lose the commentary. Its the same on Chrome, Safari and Firefox for me.

I know that @AdamB said that they were working hard on fix, but this was many weeks ago, and as far as I can see nothing's changed.

I used to use player before to listen to away games on my phone, but in its current incarnation, its almost impossible as if you try to lock your screen, look at twitter (or anything else come to think of it) the feed closes down. Has anyone got  fix or can @AdamB advise us on the progress of the fix?

There was mention of an App being developed to negate these annoying issues, but I've heard nothing more about this, is this still on the agenda.

Apologies if this has been covered off in other threads, but I've not seen anything for a while.

1 hour ago, SuperFly2002 said:

Sorry to go on . . . . but . . . . .is everyone still having the same issue with the BCTV matchday center?

When you minimize your browser, you lose the commentary. Its the same on Chrome, Safari and Firefox for me.

I know that @AdamB said that they were working hard on fix, but this was many weeks ago, and as far as I can see nothing's changed.

I used to use player before to listen to away games on my phone, but in its current incarnation, its almost impossible as if you try to lock your screen, look at twitter (or anything else come to think of it) the feed closes down. Has anyone got  fix or can @AdamB advise us on the progress of the fix?

There was mention of an App being developed to negate these annoying issues, but I've heard nothing more about this, is this still on the agenda.

Apologies if this has been covered off in other threads, but I've not seen anything for a while.

Try opening a new tab, go on to the new tab, then minimise the app. Works for me.

1 hour ago, Red Bill said:

First half wonderful until 44 min.  Second half - nothing.  Have re-started several times and have now lost patience.  Thats it for me.  Enough is enough.

My stream was buffering from about 5-6 mins in. After 10 mins and one reboot I just gave up and switched to the audio commentary, which was perfect. To be balanced, this is the first time I have had problems as bad as this with the video stream.

No issues with the web in our office during the game, so points to it not being our connection.

5 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

That's correct. It's the selected game made available to TV broadcasters worldwide (excluding UK/RoI) this Saturday.

Listings so far on livesoccertv.com:

Canada DAZN Canada
Czech Republic DIGI Sport 1
Greece Nova Sports 6
International Bet365, BCTV+
Macau TDM Desporto
Slovakia DIGI Sport 1
United States WatchESPN, ESPN3 USA

33 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Apologies @View from the Dolmanbut how do I get the game live on Saturday?

Still via BCTV? 

No, it won't be available via BCTV but is likely to be available on the EFL broadcaster in your country.

If you're in Newark, NJ it looks like ESPN/BAMTech are the answer based on the EFL site: https://www.efl.com/iFollow/international-broadcasters/

On 9/27/2017 at 05:10, View from the Dolman said:

No, it won't be available via BCTV but is likely to be available on the EFL broadcaster in your country.

If you're in Newark, NJ it looks like ESPN/BAMTech are the answer based on the EFL site: https://www.efl.com/iFollow/international-broadcasters/

So it's just live audio commentary?

Would be good if we could be made aware of this on the BCTV site?   Unless I've missed it....

22 minutes ago, 42nite said:

So it's just live audio commentary?

Would be good if we could be made aware of this on the BCTV site?   Unless I've missed it....

Yes, audio commentary will be available.

The BCTV subscribe page says: video "doesn't include Sky televised games and international broadcast fixtures, due to rights" and the fixtures page doesn't show the game as being available to watch.

The EFL site lists all Sky and international broadcast fixtures here: https://www.efl.com/broadcast-schedule/ - the game will also not be available via Ipswich's iFollow video service.

8 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Yes, audio commentary will be available.

The BCTV subscribe page says: video "doesn't include Sky televised games and international broadcast fixtures, due to rights" and the fixtures page doesn't show the game as being available to watch.

The EFL site lists all Sky and international broadcast fixtures here: https://www.efl.com/broadcast-schedule/ - the game will also not be available via Ipswich's iFollow video service.

Thanks for the info. 

Didn't realise the BCTV listings were shown on our fixtures list.

I do now.  :thumbsup:

13 hours ago, Wilksi said:

Adam Baker has just confirmed on twitter its audio only tomorrow as it's the main highlights game on C5

That really annoys me . I paid for a service and get shafted each time Sky or any other TV company decides to show Someone FC against us . 

How is that fair ? 

It's like leasing a car and then when you go to use it somebody else has driven off in it .

It's leaving a bit of a sour taste in my mouth after I was so pleased when the service was announced.

There should be some form of rebate when a match is not available live in this service .

I imagine it will only get worse if we keep up our entertaining football and good results as the TV companies want a good show .

33 minutes ago, Raging_Robin said:

That's bullshit. Didn't it get advertised as every game apart from cup? Literally ducked out of an event today and I could have gone all along. 

No, it's been pretty clear that Sky and international broadcast games aren't included and has been shown on the subscription packages page (https://www.bcfc.co.uk/bctv/bctvplus-subscribe-now/) since subscriptions became available.

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

No, it's been pretty clear that Sky and international broadcast games aren't included and has been shown on the subscription packages page (https://www.bcfc.co.uk/bctv/bctvplus-subscribe-now/) since subscriptions became available.

It is very random as a product .

As I alluded to previously if we keep doing well Sky and company are going to take more matches .

So , just as things get more interesting we'll see less live matches . 

There should be a minimum number of matches for the package and rebates in the event that that number isn't reached .

I , like many others , I suppose we're looking forward to this clash and now the choice is to listen in on RB which quite frankly is a very poor substitute or suffer the vagaries of dodgy internet streaming sites if the match is picked up .

Another way of looking at it is like you buy a season ticket but for the most attractive fixtures your seat is given to somebody else .

It needs to be sorted .

19 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

It is very random as a product .

As I alluded to previously if we keep doing well Sky and company are going to take more matches .

So , just as things get more interesting we'll see less live matches . 

There should be a minimum number of matches for the package and rebates in the event that that number isn't reached .

I , like many others , I suppose we're looking forward to this clash and now the choice is to listen in on RB which quite frankly is a very poor substitute or suffer the vagaries of dodgy internet streaming sites if the match is picked up .

Another way of looking at it is like you buy a season ticket but for the most attractive fixtures your seat is given to somebody else .

It needs to be sorted .

I'd suggest a simpler way of looking at is is that is a subscription to view the fixtures not selected by Sky or selected by the EFL for international broadcast. Those fixtures will be available to you (in most countries?) via traditional TV broadcasters.

Archived