IGNORED

Man C v Liverpool

22A

Never mind the game, this'll make thee laugh.

After the International games, Man C & L'pool jointly chartered a jet to fly their players back from South America. Two players from Man U had also been playing there but "there was no room" on the plane for them!

8 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

A million percent a sending off. High foot into the face of the keeper. Of course it's a sending off.

If a player is gonna have their foot that high then if they make contact, especially to a players head then they got to face the consequences. 

Absolute rubbish as usual from you. So every high foot going for the ball is a sending off?! You will see at least one in every game going on today.

7 minutes ago, Akira said:

Nah, never a sending off. Balk was there to be won, and Gary Neville is absolutely spot on in what he says IMO. Silly decision which has now ruined the game. 

Absolutely- Mane was only looking at the ball, Ederson came in and actually stooped down to try to head it. Joke of a decision, influenced by the apparent seriousness of the injury.

10 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

A million percent a sending off. High foot into the face of the keeper. Of course it's a sending off.

If a player is gonna have their foot that high then if they make contact, especially to a players head then they got to face the consequences. 

Never a sending off , keeper was outside the box. Players not allowed to challenge for the ball anymore ? Football's gone all snowflake 

Of course it's a sending off.  That be the rules / laws, its dangerous.  I'm a Liverpool fan.  Spoils the game.  I just dread to think what would've happened had Mane gone in with his head though!

Same as Freeman's v Brentford.  I know we think these are ones for a common-sense decision, but Refs aren't allowed that I'm afraid.  So has to go.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Of course it's a sending off.  That be the rules / laws, its dangerous.  I'm a Liverpool fan.  Spoils the game.  I just dread to think what would've happened had Mane gone in with his head though!

Same as Freeman's v Brentford.  I know we think these are ones for a common-sense decision, but Refs aren't allowed that I'm afraid.  So has to go.

Rubbish!!

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So let me get this right, you would of been happy for Mane to just jog on past and totally leave the ball?

3 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Absolutely- Mane was only looking at the ball, Ederson came in and actually stooped down to try to head the it. Joke of a decision, influenced by the apparent seriousness of the injury.

Moss wasn't aware how injured the keeper was. He showed the red immediately.

Having read Howard Webbs book it does help to have some sympathy when referees have to make a decision such as the one Moss had to make.

if he's anything like Webb he'll worry about whether he made the right call or not. Pundits like Gary Neville dont help when they criticise ant referee on TV. 

Webb really didn't like him.

3 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Rubbish!!

Suggest you read the rules.  Ref had no choice.  Would be criticised / points deducted by assessor had he allowed Mane to stay on.

Are the rules wrong? Absolutely.  But Jon Moss had no choice within the current rules.  Mane's foot is at head height.  When another player is close by you've just got to keep it down.  Had Mane got the ball, then we'd all be baying for Ederson to be dismissed.  That's the fine lines, within the fastest division in world football.  Both players gambled, Ederson won.

But 'rubbish' comment shows your complete lack of understanding of the rules / laws in 2017!

Gone are the days when Mane's challenge would be classed as a fair, the referee has done the right thing in regards to the rules and the way they want to cut out any dangerous challenges.....doesn't mean i agree with it.

Also nice one ref for spoiling the game and my bets 

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Suggest you read the rules.  Ref had no choice.  Would be criticised / points deducted by assessor had he allowed Mane to stay on.

Are the rules wrong? Absolutely.  But Jon Moss had no choice within the current rules.  Mane's foot is at head height.  When another player is close by you've just got to keep it down.  Had Mane got the ball, then we'd all be baying for Ederson to be dismissed.  That's the fine lines, within the fastest division in world football.  Both players gambled, Ederson won.

But 'rubbish' comment shows your complete lack of understanding of the rules / laws in 2017!

Just a shame a competitive game has been ruined.. bit of a nancys game football these days you can't deny that?

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Moss wasn't aware how injured the keeper was. He showed the red immediately.

it was apparent from the second he went down how serious it was. He looked at Ederson for several seconds after and also saw the Man City players' distressed and panicked reaction to seeing the state of him and frantically beckoning over the physio, so you are entirely incorrect.

Clear red all day long.

"Right to go for the ball" and "not looking at the player" are not in the rules of the game.

Gary Neville is very irritating, perhaps he should remember how good he was as a coach when he constantly slags off referees, particularly as he was allowed to get away with all sorts by them in the Ferguson era...

6 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

So let me get this right, you would of been happy for Mane to just jog on past and totally leave the ball?

All about decision making in split seconds.  He judged it wrong, Ederson didn't.  

So having seen the end result, to answer your question, yes, jog on Mane, stay on the pitch at 0-1 down against a defence as bad as your own team!  It was a 49:51 in Ederson's favour at the time.  Mane got it wrong.  I'm gutted, thought Liverpool would get something today.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

All about decision making in split seconds.  He judged it wrong, Ederson didn't.  

So having seen the end result, to answer your question, yes, jog on Mane, stay on the pitch at 0-1 down against a defence as bad as your own team!  It was a 49:51 in Ederson's favour at the time.  Mane got it wrong.  I'm gutted, thought Liverpool would get something today.

Im sure a lot of fans would have questioned his commitment if he had ran on by..

4 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Just a shame a competitive game has been ruined.. bit of a nancys game football these days you can't deny that?

Absolutely.  It was a compelling game to watch, attacks on top, whichever side you support.

Nancy's game?  Probably.  But it's so quick these days, serious injuries are more common even for trivial contact. 

Archived