IGNORED

When to accept your 5m striker is misfiring?

Fordy62

19 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

They all get on I think. The only one that was stirring the pot has moved on to (sheep) pastures new thankfully.

Yeah, I got that impression, but there was a post by someone who tried to suggest Diedhiou was isolated from his team mates 'cause no one was around him after he scored (cant remember if it was the Wolves game or Derby one)

7 hours ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

:facepalm:

I don't know what that is for. As I said at the bottom of the statement ....I hadn't "seen anything so far". 

He did well when he came on against Derby. I can't comment on last night as couldn't make it. I was at Wolves though...and his goal aside....he looked shocking 

I love posters like you who must literally trawl through old posts to try and find things like this. Don't worry though...if he suddenly goes on a 10 match run without scoring...I won't draw your attention to his 

7 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Another thread disintegrates.

KITR. The whole team played well tonight. All of them impressed, all of them made the odd mistake or two. None of them are the finished article but they are improving.

Famara is still adjusting to a much tougher league than he's been used to. Four goals so far is a good return and two Premier defenders found him hard to handle.

Eliasson did very well and for someone who can't defend, he did well in that dept. Brownhill and Pack were good, Vyner and Magnússon showed we have good depth at full back. Callum ran Stoke ragged; when he gets the final ball right, he'll be so good we'll have a job to keep him.

Steele is fine and no worries if FF is ever injured. Flint was Flint, Taylor works so hard, got one goal but needs to be more clinical with finishing.

My MOM though is Hegeler. Absolute class as a central defender and so comfortable on the ball. How can we ever put out a league starting eleven without him?

Thank you , thank you , thank you .An interesting post for those who weren't there.

Now , that Robbored ... 

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

Hang on........you're not willing to admit that Diedhiou is coming good because the defenders he was up against tonight are crap?

Jeeez......:facepalm:

You come across a poor ahedonistic  guy.

I think his point is that the defenders are solid Premier league players. Zouma Chelseas 1st choice CB in the season when they were awful and Wimmer was in the Bundesliga team of the season a couple of seasons ago and Martins Indi is a Dutch international. The fact Diedhiou did well against them is very good signs.

3 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

I don't know what that is for. As I said at the bottom of the statement ....I hadn't "seen anything so far". 

He did well when he came on against Derby. I can't comment on last night as couldn't make it. I was at Wolves though...and his goal aside....he looked shocking 

I love posters like you who must literally trawl through old posts to try and find things like this. Don't worry though...if he suddenly goes on a 10 match run without scoring...I won't draw your attention to his 

Ummm. I wouldn't have if I didn't think your  post was moronic   Perhaps if you had just said you hadn't seen anything from him then fair enough but you said the following 

"Sadly it's become an all to familiar story with this manager. He has wasted so much money on players it's hard to believe. He has to be the most well supported manager financially in our history and he has done absolutely nothing to improve this squad.

He really is a poor forward. Even players who need time to bed in show some signs of making an impression..."I've seen nothing so far from this guy that says to me he will become a player worth £5"

As I said at the time, players need time to bed in,   Mourinho didn't play mkhitaryan for months as he needed time to settle when he joined Man U and the same with 30 million defender lindelof 

we don't have the luxury of being able to do that at a club of our size .  We had to chuck him in and he has had to learn quickly I just wish people would see the bigger picture Sometimes.  You obviously thought that we have spent 5 mil on a. Striker from a slower paced league but he must be scoring from the off.  Maybe this happens in football manager but not in the real world

36 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Ummm. I wouldn't have if I didn't think your  post was moronic   Perhaps if you had just said you hadn't seen anything from him then fair enough but you said the following 

"Sadly it's become an all to familiar story with this manager. He has wasted so much money on players it's hard to believe. He has to be the most well supported manager financially in our history and he has done absolutely nothing to improve this squad.

He really is a poor forward. Even players who need time to bed in show some signs of making an impression..."I've seen nothing so far from this guy that says to me he will become a player worth £5"

As I said at the time, players need time to bed in,   Mourinho didn't play mkhitaryan for months as he needed time to settle when he joined Man U and the same with 30 million defender lindelof 

we don't have the luxury of being able to do that at a club of our size .  We had to chuck him in and he has had to learn quickly I just wish people would see the bigger picture Sometimes.  You obviously thought that we have spent 5 mil on a. Striker from a slower paced league but he must be scoring from the off.  Maybe this happens in football manager but not in the real world

I stand by what I said. He is the most well supported manager in our history financially and up to about 2 weeks ago, I thought we looked very average at best

The last 2 weeks have been exceptional. Let's hope it stays like this as we are FINALLY seeing some improvement. I really hope we do....but as last year proved, I'm certainly not going to get carried away like some of you on here are 

Let's discuss it again in January, I'll happily be classed the 'moronic one' if we are still dishing up performances and results like we are now. If not though....I won't drag this thread up with a :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I stand by what I said. He is the most well supported manager in our history financially and up to about 2 weeks ago, I thought we looked very average at best

The last 2 weeks have been exceptional. Let's hope it stays like this as we are FINALLY seeing some improvement. I really hope we do....but as last year proved, I'm certainly not going to get carried away like some of you on here are 

Let's discuss it again in January, I'll happily be classed the 'moronic one' if we are still dishing up performances and results like we are now. If not though....I won't drag this thread up with a :facepalm:

'The most financially supported manager in our history' 

Pretty certain Cotts had a very similar backing but just went for the wrong targets at the wrong time, at least LJ is bringing in the right players... 

4 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

'The most financially supported manager in our history' 

Pretty certain Cotts had a very similar backing but just went for the wrong targets at the wrong time, at least LJ is bringing in the right players... 

He most assuredly didn't. Where on earth did you get that idea?

6 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

10 mill for Gray

8 mill for Gayle 

3 mill for Kodjia 

Tried to buy Maguire as well 

Definitely had a lot of money at his disposal 

3 million for Clough too...

I know there were problems and mix-ups and I'm sure it came down to the board as well as Cotterill but the simple fact is we made some bloody expensive bids for players when Cotts was in charge...

14 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

On paper - Zouma and Wimmer would be considered a decent Prem pairing !!  

Wimmer £18 million :blink:

Torn up tonight !!!!

:clapping:

Brilliant

This is the EPL myth. 2 squad players who looked okay in very good teams surrounded by good players are taken into a different environment and look average. Wimmer has done very little to be worth that. Wouldn't swap him for Baker 

3 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

3 million for Clough too...

I know there were problems and mix-ups and I'm sure it came down to the board as well as Cotterill but the simple fact is we made some bloody expensive bids for players when Cotts was in charge...

Yes. And only one of them came off.  Why do you think that happened? 

34 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Anyone else tired of seeing this thread reappear every time Fam scores. 

The joke is getting a little bit worn now. The first time it was amusing but it’s tiring now. I’d imagine the next time he had a dry spell we will see he thread pop again!

On 27/09/2017 at 14:46, RUSSEL85 said:

Anyone else tired of seeing this thread reappear every time Fam scores. 

No I am not and just for you I am bumping it up again,

people were writing him off after the Barnsley game, not going to score 20 goals etc....maybe just maybe he needed time to settle, and boy is he playing well right now

On 27/09/2017 at 14:46, Die Hard Red said:

Not me, I find it highly amusing. 

Me too. There is such a culture on OTIB of making ridiculously premature negative judgments about players that it is deeply gratifying when an individual rams his critic's words right back down their throats. Five goals in six games. Love it. 

Archived