IGNORED

When to accept your 5m striker is misfiring?

Fordy62

On 09/09/2017 at 15:51, Fordy62 said:

Now, let me start by saying that I hope this thread goes down in fokelore alongside "Matt Smith is awful". I suppose part of me decided to write it at half time because I'm hoping it might come back to bite me on the arse. 

However, I'm into watching my third or forth game this season and I've seen Fammy do nothing. Nothing at all. It's almost like we're playing with ten. 

Now I know it's going to take time for him to adapt to the Chamionship, but we can't just keep playing with essentially 10 men. Someone else has got to have a go at starting. He isn't effecting the game at all. He's not doing the running that Taylor does, or being a big lump like Đurić (I do accept they're both injured!). 

So he big question is... a storming second half versus Reading aside, when will LJ have the balls to rest him?

This thread has to go down in fokelore. The thing is fammy is worth ten times what Matt Smith is now. 

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

No. No. No. 

i recommended he get benched. He was benched and came back better. 

It was my idea. Lee must have read it on here. 

In fairness you did give yourself a few get out of jail cards in the original post in case he came good.

I think you quite like provoking debate like this so I doubt you're that bothered that it keeps being bumped.. after all it means he's doing well which is nice!

19 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

No. No. No. 

Quite so, Fordy.

And Matt Smith owes his career to me as I motivated him after he read my OP.

I'd never have thought of moving to a self congratulatory position but you're setting an example for many to follow.....

Posters never hated "little" Lee or wanted him out - they were just giving him some tough love and encouragement.

12 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Famara is getting better and better imo. Never seen him look so fit, as he is usually knackered after an hour or so. But today he was still sprinting in inury time. His hold up play was superb, won plenty of headers again, just like the Bolton game. And no doubt he has plenty of pace. I hated reading posts about him being useless etc. Got to give these players a chance. He has adapted quicker than I thought he would. Great signing. 

I guess it's because historically we haven't made that many big name signings from abroad and people are still learning that sometimes they don't adapt immediately.

In recent years when we've made big signings (Trundle, Maynard, Baldock) that were all domestic - they hit the ground running. It's far easier moving domestically. Diedhiou is a young guy from a very different culture - obviously it could take him a while to reach his best form.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I guess it's because historically we haven't made that many big name signings from abroad and people are still learning that sometimes they don't adapt immediately.

In recent years when we've made big signings (Trundle, Maynard, Baldock) that were all domestic - they hit the ground running. It's far easier moving domestically. Diedhiou is a young guy from a very different culture - obviously it could take him a while to reach his best form.

Dean Holden said on RB that we won't see the best of him until after Christmas, when he is properly settled and his family are here. So perhaps we ain't seen nothing yet!:fingerscrossed:

Clueless fans judging him on a few games giving him no time to settle, well he isn't doing to bad now. Like to hear what the two muppets who were stood behind me in the derby game have to say about him now. Calling him useless and shit at every slight error, funny how he seemed to score late in that game which began his good form. Good work rate and great physicality to him and to be honest thought he did alright in early games but obviously didn't have the one thing that the football manager pros need which is stats 

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Dean Holden said on RB that we won't see the best of him until after Christmas, when he is properly settled and his family are here. So perhaps we ain't seen nothing yet!:fingerscrossed:

It's a big factor - LJ always talks about how Đurić's family have moved here and that helped him (pre-injuries!). Pisano's are here too.

I think Kodjia's moved here too eventually. 

With Baldock, Trundle or Maynard they could just pop up the motorway to see their family. Not so easy for Famara.

8 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Perhaps some of us, me included on some subjects?, should engage brain in correct gear before we open our mouths.

I get what you're saying , but the forum depends on wildly varying statements. Keeps debate going, also people enjoy dredging up posts from months ago to prove people stupid :yes:

On FD , watched the steam today. Thought he looked twice the player he was just a few weeks ago. Stronger , hold up play vastly improved , he even looks quicker. Hope we haven't seen the best of him because we could have some player on our hands after Christmas. Also , I don't think I've seen a player seem to enjoy himself so much, massive smile all the time he's playing, specially after he scores.

52 minutes ago, Raging_Robin said:

Completely agree. What makes me laugh is the posters that get abusive about their "opinion", and call you an idiot about their "opinion", however, when you come back at them when you have the facts you then get called sad for proving said abusers wrong. Funny really. 

It’s also tiresome when people come on saying told you so. Both as bad as each other. 

4 minutes ago, Negan said:

So we’ve got the top goal scorer and joint 3rd in our team.. we’re doing alright! 

Tammy who??? 

P.S Tammy if you’re reading, you’d be welcomed back here in a heartbeat. 

And the rarest of things, a goal from central midfield,

i didn't think cm could score goals

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

No. No. No. 

Haha Fordy fair play you did say you hoped this would come back and bite you on the arse. 

I for one will keep reminding you of it if he keeps going.

all fun mate

22 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I get what you're saying , but the forum depends on wildly varying statements. Keeps debate going, also people enjoy dredging up posts from months ago to prove people stupid :yes:

On FD , watched the steam today. Thought he looked twice the player he was just a few weeks ago. Stronger , hold up play vastly improved , he even looks quicker. Hope we haven't seen the best of him because we could have some player on our hands after Christmas. Also , I don't think I've seen a player seem to enjoy himself so much, massive smile all the time he's playing, specially after he scores.

A forum needs debate and this requires differing opinions, yes.

But those opinions don't need to be ultimate extremes like "I'll take 4th bottom now" 2-3 game into a season, or getting carried away because we are in good form now.

I have seen posts today talking about playoffs by the same people announcing we were doomed to League 1 6 months ago.

Archived