IGNORED

Headbutt after the game on a 12 year old

WSMRobin

10 minutes ago, WSMRobin said:

No offence taken, it happen, really. Source, me and those around. Disgraceful. Don't know how his father restrained himself tbh

How did anyone who witnessed it?? Unless it was another 12 year old doing the headbutting, why aren't you kicking the crap out of him??

8 minutes ago, WSMRobin said:

I was with my 8 year old. More my concern at the time and setting a real example

Fair enough mate. I may have restrained myself if I had a young un in tow. Can't vouch for it mind. I think I may have been inclined to kick 7 colours out of the****

29 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Unless it was another 12 year old doing the headbutting, why aren't you kicking the crap out of him??

Because then you are committing an violent offence and you never know how the local cops will react. Definitely wouldn't thump anyone with WMP around....................:facepalm:

47 minutes ago, WSMRobin said:

Well, one of the reading stewards asked the father if he wanted to report it and there were cameras around the ground. The father said he would call tomorrow

So a 20 something bloke heatbutts a 12 year old and not one person does a thing in retaliation? Rather than instantly calling the police and giving a description time date etc the father says he'll call the cops the next day. Very odd circumstances around what sounds like an brutal, horrific assult on a child by a grown man in public

Personally haven't been a reading games for the best part of 10 years been twice since it was the new ground.  Once was coined as TVP filmed it and stopped me from moving under allocated seating.  And once was chasses across a car park after being bundled into a bus by TVP at the train station.  Faith in TVP 0.

5 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

I take it this didn't happen  in close proximity to any of our "lads" !   Sums up Reading over the years, bunch of pusseys can only pick on 12 year olds ! 

I'v never known Reading to have any sort of firm, they're all busy watching Chelsea!!

Morning all, first time poster so go easy on me!

it was my son. He is 12 years old (but admittedly looks about 14/15) and the Reading coward was about 20. We were walking away from the ground, through the crowd, the guy stepped into my son and ATTEMPTED to headbutt him. Fortunately he did not make clear contact and it was just a glance (the intent was there). As you can imagine I was fuming, so pursued him across the crowded car park (he was very distinctive with an orange jumper on) and I caught up with him and made it abundantly clear what a coward he is , in no uncertain terms, whilst he was trying to get away saying sorry sorry sorry....Whilst I understand people saying they would have have kicked the shit out of him (and if he had of made clear contact I would have regardless) by this point my other 10 year old son was getting upset and I was being restrained by others around me. On reflection this was probably for the best, would you trust the justice system if I did anything or what happens if I get arrested and my boys have to go home without me. A steward did approach me as we were walking away and invited me to report it (today) but is it worth it for an intended head butt and my son has no mark on him?

Apologies for the long post. Good three points COYR

9 minutes ago, East Bristol is Red said:

it was my son. He is 12 years old (but admittedly looks about 14/15) and the Reading coward was about 20. We were walking away from the ground, through the crowd, the guy stepped into my son and ATTEMPTED to headbutt him. Fortunately he did not make clear contact and it was just a glance (the intent was there). As you can imagine I was fuming, so pursued him across the crowded car park (he was very distinctive with an orange jumper on) and I caught up with him and made it abundantly clear what a coward he is , in no uncertain terms, whilst he was trying to get away saying sorry sorry sorry....Whilst I understand people saying they would have have kicked the shit out of him (and if he had of made clear contact I would have regardless) by this point my other 10 year old son was getting upset and I was being restrained by others around me. On reflection this was probably for the best, would you trust the justice system if I did anything or what happens if I get arrested and my boys have to go home without me. A steward did approach me as we were walking away and invited me to report it (today) but is it worth it for an intended head butt and my son has no mark on him?

@JulieH would be best placed to answer this. 

15 minutes ago, East Bristol is Red said:

Credit to you sir-very awkward situation handled for the best....hope this experience doesn't put the lads off of attending matches.

23 minutes ago, East Bristol is Red said:

Fair play EBIR

Puts some explanation into the original post and account

When I read it, like others I was shocked and couldn't understand why others nearby hadn't acted - rightly or wrongly I would of if  I'd seen a young lad headbutted (whichever 'side' the perpetrator and victim came from ) 

Your explanation makes sense and I applaud you for pursuing the little runt and your restraint in not going further , which would have been easy to do , and understandable :clap:

Id suggest that your pursuit and obvious and understandable anger may have had a 'educational effect' on said runt who probably had to go home and ask Mummy for some clean boxers

Archived