IGNORED

Tom Heaton out for nine months.

Lanterne Rouge

Great shame for him if he is out for the majority of the season, had a great chance of going to a world cup. Flip side, what an opportunity for Pope, Burnley unable to get another keeper in till January so 4 months of first team football coming for him and a chance to assert himself #1 for when Heaton returns. 

3 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

Sorry for him. At times he got as much stick on here as Frankie does, perhaps they'll come calling for him as a replacement! :blink:

He's improved massively since he was here.  Decent for us but had a big problem with long shots. Billy Mercer has coached that out of him and helped him improve enormously.  

Sad to see him injured as he's a nice guy

20 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I was gutted for Heston when I saw the title of this thread, but having read your in depth medical analysis, I'm glad it's proven to not be as serious as first thought. 

Thought Heston played for Charlton?

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

I was gutted for Heston when I saw the title of this thread, but having read your in depth medical analysis, I'm glad it's proven to not be as serious as first thought. 

Well aren't you funny!

If an athlete takes 9 months for a dislocated shoulder to recover there's something seriously wrong!

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/dislocated-shoulder/Pages/Introduction.aspx

a normal person should not play sporting activities for 6 weeks to 3 months... instead of sarcasm perhaps some common sense! Surely to think a disclocated shoulder taking NINE months is just a little naive? I'm no medical expert either, but knew the 9 months was a bit over the top. 

I also can't see 9 months said anywhere by Dyche or any journalist?

43 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Well aren't you funny!

If an athlete takes 9 months for a dislocated shoulder to recover there's something seriously wrong!

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/dislocated-shoulder/Pages/Introduction.aspx

a normal person should not play sporting activities for 6 weeks to 3 months... instead of sarcasm perhaps some common sense! Surely to think a disclocated shoulder taking NINE months is just a little naive? I'm no medical expert either, but knew the 9 months was a bit over the top. 

I also can't see 9 months said anywhere by Dyche or any journalist?

I haven't heard it either. I assumed, based on comments above, that it was quoting Sean Dyche. 

In fairness, Dyche was clearly only going by what medical advisories told him, based on Heaton's specific injury and resulting preliminary test results showed. He will be relieved to read your article above and know that his GK should not infact be out for more than 3 months. 

18 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Nah, they`ll just pick Joe Hart over and over again no matter how many times he ***** up.

I don't understand this. Why do we not pick Butland? He is clearly the future number one so why are we not playing him in games that on paper are pretty easy? 

I think the problem is he doesn't play for a 'top' club. I can guarantee if he moved to a top club he would instantly be given a starting place in the England team.

8 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I don't understand this. Why do we not pick Butland? He is clearly the future number one so why are we not playing him in games that on paper are pretty easy? 

I think the problem is he doesn't play for a 'top' club. I can guarantee if he moved to a top club he would instantly be given a starting place in the England team.

I thought he was very close to a chance in the Euro's before his injury against Germany. He deserves a go really as Hart only seems to be getting worse, and i used to be a big fan of his.

5 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

More of a fan I think.

Heston certainly followed Charlton.

So did Del and Rodney Charlton Trotter's mother.

Anyway, I saw the thread title and took it to mean he must be preggers.

Get Well soon, Tom.  (If you happen to be reading otib). Top 'keeper while here behind a disgrace of a defence and midfield.  Top bloke too!

Archived