IGNORED

Did no one travel by train to Reading on Saturday?

Never to the dark side

1 hour ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

apparently some did.. and someone ran into young blokes being young blokey whilst out on the piss. http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/woman-subjected-disgusting-unprovoked-obscene-45864

All in all, it doesn't paint a great picture

Apologies folks... The Post pulled the story

Think they just moved it - this link works

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/woman-subjected-disgusting-unprovoked-obscene-458646

10 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

apparently some did.. and someone ran into young blokes being young blokey whilst out on the piss. http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/woman-subjected-disgusting-unprovoked-obscene-45864

All in all, it doesn't paint a great picture

Apologies folks... The Post pulled the story

They might be young Blokey blokes on the piss but I'm sorry but from a woman's point of view a group of blokes like this when you are by yourself is pretty frightening. Bad enough if she chose to walk into their path just outside a football ground you might expect to find them and sadly also expect the odd comment, but she was on a public train and shouldn't be subject to intimidation and abuse when innocently going about her business on an early evening train.

If they want to make comments and rip the piss out if each other then I've no problem with that. I'm tolerant of swearing on the whole but to pick on someone clearly not part of their mindset isn't on. 

Im sad that she is probably forever think of Bristol City fans as drunken foul mouthed intimidating yobs. For all the good we do as a club some of 'us' have a long way to go when mixing with the public, I don't know how these people live on a daily basis I really don't.

Rant over. No doubt some of you will tell me to tuck my blouse into my kickers. But as been said before how would you like it if your wife, daughter, sister, mother, partner got this treatment? 

44 minutes ago, RedM said:

They might be young Blokey blokes on the piss but I'm sorry but from a woman's point of view a group of blokes like this when you are by yourself is pretty frightening. Bad enough if she chose to walk into their path just outside a football ground you might expect to find them and sadly also expect the odd comment, but she was on a public train and shouldn't be subject to intimidation and abuse when innocently going about her business on an early evening train.

If they want to make comments and rip the piss out if each other then I've no problem with that. I'm tolerant of swearing on the whole but to pick on someone clearly not part of their mindset isn't on. 

Im sad that she is probably forever think of Bristol City fans as drunken foul mouthed intimidating yobs. For all the good we do as a club some of 'us' have a long way to go when mixing with the public, I don't know how these people live on a daily basis I really don't.

Rant over. No doubt some of you will tell me to tuck my blouse into my kickers. But as been said before how would you like it if your wife, daughter, sister, mother, partner got this treatment? 

Totally agree M. Shocking behaviour shame that these morons are associated with our club.

57 minutes ago, RedM said:

Have to say , as I found the link last night I was ready for a moan about the Post, until I read it. 
Totally agree RedM , we've probably all been loud and annoying when in a group at times. I like to think I/we've reeled it in before it got this far. Nothing short of bullying which I have no time for. A woman on here own shouldn't feel intimidated traveling anywhere.

I'm guessing it was a later train as I see above @Cider-Head23 was on the 7:30 and we were stood in the bar all the way back on the one earlier.

9 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Have to say , as I found the link last night I was ready for a moan about the Post, until I read it. 
Totally agree RedM , we've probably all been loud and annoying when in a group at times. I like to think I/we've reeled it in before it got this far. Nothing short of bullying which I have no time for. A woman on here own shouldn't feel intimidated traveling anywhere.

I'm guessing it was a later train as I see above @Cider-Head23 was on the 7:30 and we were stood in the bar all the way back on the one earlier.

Yup, I agree we've probably all been in a loud and annoying group, but I like to think I've kept it to that group or only interacted with similar likewise groups for a bit of banter, never picking on an individual outside of said groups and never bullying or intimidating.

Oh, and just to be clear it's not just the woman thing for me, it equally applies to a lone bloke, elderly or disabled, and of any religion or colour. People should be allowed to be in a public place without fear of unwanted attention.

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Yup, I agree we've probably all been in a loud and annoying group, but I like to think I've kept it to that group or only interacted with similar likewise groups for a bit of banter, never picking on an individual outside of said groups and never bullying or intimidating.

Oh, and just to be clear it's not just the woman thing for me, it equally applies to a lone bloke, elderly or disabled, and of any religion or colour. People should be allowed to be in a public place without fear of unwanted attention.

Agreed, we've all been Rowdy from time to time but there's no need to turn on other passengers. 

21 minutes ago, Cider-Head23 said:

Anyone aware what train this happened on, was on the 7:30pm out of Reading & didn't see any verbals and I was up by the bar most likely a later train more drinking time.

It was the 7.30. In the buffet car. About 10 morons aged about 20. 

2 hours ago, RedM said:

quite agree with you mate. As I said in my original comment, it really doesn't paint a great picture. I'm not sure you can/should hang the club for it. Young lads out on the piss can be a pain in the ass to anyone who crosses their path regardless of the team they follow. 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

You are absolutely, one hundred per cent right .

Their behaviour was shameful but cretins like them don't feel shame do they ? 

This goes deeper though , today's society has little respect for authority. Teachers, the Church, Police, Politicians... are all meprised .

You have to earn respect it's true and in the past it was given too easily as we doffed our caps to our betters only to find out that , often , our betters were just abusing our trust.

Now I believe this has gone too far as barriers have fallen revealing human beings with all their qualities and faults .

What is respect ? 

For me it is caring about your fellow humans. Empathy, putting yourself in that person's position .Having some consideration for others in their lives , their roles and responsibility .

Valuing another being .

As a team rises or falls together so does society . We need to be less egotistical and more helpful to others in order to advance or we just rest in the gutter.

Well done to those galant lads , making Bristol and BCFC proud  ! 

Here endeth the sermon .

8 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

quite agree with you mate. As I said in my original comment, it really doesn't paint a great picture. I'm not sure you can/should hang the club for it. Young lads out on the piss can be a pain in the ass to anyone who crosses their path regardless of the team they follow. 

No I'm not blaming the club at all, City or Reading aren't to blame in the slightest. The train wasn't an official mode of transport from the club, there weren't club stewards provided etc so I don't see what Jon Lansdown can be expected to do, that's the only bit of the article I have issue with. Obviously the woman and other people on board identified them as City fans but they could just as easily be blokes on a stag party from a bank for example. 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

:clap::clap::clap:

• Admin
1 hour ago, Cider-Head23 said:

Anyone aware what train this happened on, was on the 7:30pm out of Reading & didn't see any verbals and I was up by the bar most likely a later train more drinking time.

1 hour ago, miser said:

It was the 7.30. In the buffet car. About 10 morons aged about 20. 

Out of interest @miser where did it state the time of the train?

7 hours ago, RedM said:

No I'm not blaming the club at all, City or Reading aren't to blame in the slightest. The train wasn't an official mode of transport from the club, there weren't club stewards provided etc so I don't see what Jon Lansdown can be expected to do, that's the only bit of the article I have issue with. Obviously the woman and other people on board identified them as City fans but they could just as easily be blokes on a stag party from a bank for example. 

I don't see the need to start questioning her story.  Though to suggest that Jon Lansdown personally gets involved is over the top.

It's a matter for the Transport Police to investigate and decide upon the action to take; they were train passengers and so under their jurisdiction.

Archived