IGNORED

Frank de Boer

brizzlelou

Dead man walking along with Bilic although the Hammers have a track record of giving their managers some time . No goals and points isn't great for Palace and the season is still in it's infancy but how long do you give it with all the money that is at stake?

3 minutes ago, shelts said:

Dead man walking along with Bilic although the Hammers have a track record of giving their managers some time . No goals and points isn't great for Palace and the season is still in it's infancy but how long do you give it with all the money that is at stake?

Bilic is definitely the next to go. 

18 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Stupid appointment and that is not just me saying it after the event.  Nothing wrong with trying to move to a better style of football and I admire the ambition but if you do it you HAVE to get the appointment correct.

I think it was their orange chairman who said when Pardew was in charge (it can't have been Pulis or Allardyce) that they did try to change their footballing philosophy but struggled to adapt so switched back.  

Some clubs would be wiser to accept their lot at a certain level and play football accordingly.  Besides there's nothing shameful about defending well and hitting opponents fast on the break.  It is quite different to the Tony Pulis brand of football.  

Frank de Boer always seemed like a daft decision for Palace.

Absolute joke - they didn't deserve to lose against Burnley !

If we were say 15 games into the season, they had 15-20 points on the board and they lost their last 4 matches - would he be sacked then?! I would guess not

Poor decision I think as he is a good young manager with plenty to offer. You don't see teams sacking players for starting poorly because they need time to adjust to a new league (Diedhou for example)

Like @Port Said Red has pointed out - I don't see how you can blame the manager for losing a game where statistically you were dominant but the players haven't done what they're paid to do in order to win the match. It's bonkers!

Just heard a Palace fan on TalkSport saying it was the right decision because they simply cannot afford to lose PL status and with no points and no goals the writing was on the wall.

Shortly after another Palace fan said it too early early to sack the manager and that the players had let him down.

Danny Murphy said that almost certainly the senior players would have been approached by the chairman for their view and maybe that was a big factor in the decision............

Difficult one this one. Not the decision itself, but who to blame!

- De Boer for thinking he could play the Ajax way with the players at his disposal and one window, whilst realising the risk of not being able to change them overnight 

or 

- Parish for appointing a manager and falling for the "I can make Palace like Ajax" spiel. 

I wonder if De Boer will go to Ajax in a Jif(fy)!!!!!!

Can't really see why you'd appoint someone with the brief of wholesale changing the way the club is run from top to bottom including the playing style and then only give them four games.  It's utterly insane and an admission that the board were not honest with themselves about what they wanted and the risks involved - that's incompetence on their part.  I hope they get relegated anyway, never like them.

Get the feeling he tried doing too much over the course of one summer/window, still stupidly early however the first team to lose all 4 games without scoring since what, the 30's? Think Southampton go about manager appointments the best way, they have their philosophy and style of play and then look to appoint a manager who shares their outlook.

1 hour ago, shelts said:

Just been sacked and Roy Hodgson confirmed tomorrow . Crazy times 

Palace to go down, if Woy is the answer the question must be wrong.

whether you ageee or disagree about Johnson keeping his job last season it's a positive for our club that the board backs their man 

Archived