Shortest-serving full-time managers in English football
Name Games in charge Time in charge
Frank de Boer (Crystal Palace) 4 (2017) 77 days
Les Reed (Charlton) 7 (2006) 40 days
Bob Bradley (Swansea) 11 (2016) 84 days
Chris Hutchings (Bradford) 12 (2000) 141 days
Paolo di Canio (Sunderland) 12 (2013) 175 days

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41219627

They battered Burnley by all accounts and watching the highlights they missed numerous sitters. You also cant allow for players making hopeless mistakes leading to goals

That said, he didnt have the players at his disposal to make such a big overhaul to their playing style - thats either completely niaive or he was under the impression he had the time to work with it.

To go and sack him and appoint Hodgson just makes Parish's comments silly. Palace for the drop IMO

8 minutes ago, chowie said:

Where is Steve Coppell

And where is Brian Clough (Leeds)?

Shoddy stats.

37 minutes ago, chowie said:

Where is Steve Coppell

29 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

And where is Brian Clough (Leeds)?

Shoddy stats.

These stats  are for the Premiership only

1 hour ago, daored said:

Palace to go down, if Woy is the answer the question must be wrong.

whether you ageee or disagree about Johnson keeping his job last season it's a positive for our club that the board backs their man 

Time will tell with LJ. Must confess I like Woy 

34 minutes ago, Super said:

You're going to have to go some to beat Leroy but that could be said about every record.  

With ever improving technology, training methods and education I believe that one day a manager in football will be out of his post in under ten minutes!

41 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Can't really see why you'd appoint someone with the brief of wholesale changing the way the club is run from top to bottom including the playing style and then only give them four games.  It's utterly insane and an admission that the board were not honest with themselves about what they wanted and the risks involved - that's incompetence on their part.  I hope they get relegated anyway, never like them.

Another deluded London club.  Will hopefully be getting turned over by us soon on their way down to meet Charlton in League 1. 

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Difficult one this one. Not the decision itself, but who to blame!

- De Boer for thinking he could play the Ajax way with the players at his disposal and one window, whilst realising the risk of not being able to change them overnight 

or 

- Parish for appointing a manager and falling for the "I can make Palace like Ajax" spiel. 

I wonder if De Boer will go to Ajax in a Jif(fy)!!!!!!

Get the cheque book out since he's already here in the UK and offer to make him in charge of the whole academy setup from top to bottom, with new training facilities hopefully being announced sometime soon, and a push to cat 1 status.  - soak up all the local talent and try to make BCFC a team with a number of local talent where people know they can come and have a good chance of first team football, good coaching even if it means using us as a stepping stone to better things.

10 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

DJcyd3DWAAAQjk0.jpg

This was found on Twitter by an account that apparently is trustworthy about Palace. Make about it what you will

So the board want to push a formation on their manager? Am I reading that right? This stinks, I hope they go down for this.

what I think of Palace or De Boer is largely irrelevant. Steve Parrish wanted to play "the Ajax way",,, so appointed Frank de Boer. It beggars belief that Frank de Boer looked at the Palace squad and thought "yeah I can do that" without the necessary quality of player available at Palace.

Bad calls from the pair of 'em, but I trust Frank has got a decent pay off. If Palace want to appoint me next... I'll do just an effective job of screwing it up

Archived