IGNORED

How did you meet your partner?

WTFiGO!?!

2 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Just do it, mate

Better to do it and **** it right up than not do it at all and always wonder what could have happened

As for the things that may bug you, she'll have a list as well. I wouldn't worry too much about it. All part of life's rich tapestry

2 hours ago, Juan Kerr said:

But if you never ask, you will never know. You may be pleasantly surprised.

(Best thing about getting older....I don`t really give a flying **** anymore.)

I wish it was that easy, sometimes I even write texts out then decide not to send. Rejection is terrible but the chase is also thrilling. 

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Pick up the phone and chat to her then? Ask her how her day was, tell her about yours. Just get to know her. Only then can you decide if it's worth putting in more effort. 

Suggest meeting up at some point as you can only really get to know someone by interacting with them, be that on the phone/text or in person.

Oh Dolly that is so out dated isn't it? :sad26:ain't the modern way of dating all about swiping left or right or something?

1 hour ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Wasn't Yate rumoured to be the swingers capital of the West Country back then, apparently the keys in the pot parties were far from uncommon - there was nothing else to do on such an suburban sprawl......

Not sure about Yate, but someone on here told me that Uley (near Dursley, where I grew up) was written about in the NOTW, apparently it all went on in one of the pubs there back in the late 80s

Need to remember to ask Mum if she ever went for a quiet pint with Dad there back in the day.....

9 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Not sure about Yate, but someone on here told me that Uley (near Dursley, where I grew up) was written about in the NOTW, apparently it all went on in one of the pubs there back in the late 80s

Need to remember to ask Mum if she ever went for a quiet pint with Dad there back in the day.....

Begs the question....a pint of what?

(I`m gonna burn)

8 hours ago, RedM said:

Most of you seem to have met people whilst drunk, I feel left out here as I met my now husband on what was I guess a very early form of social media, way back in 1983. I bet none of you can guess how we met!

My in laws met on CB radios back in the 80s. You had to have a 'handle'. 

4 hours ago, RedM said:

Nope to all the guesses so far,  I'm quite enjoying this. :P

You dialled a wrong number and got chatting or you had a 'party line' (remember them) and hit it off as you forgot to press the 'line' button?

Jeez, I'm getting old! :facepalm:

Maybe it was a Thursday night at Towns talk? I'm sure some remember what night that was! ;) 

32 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

You dialled a wrong number and got chatting or you had a 'party line' (remember them) and hit it off as you forgot to press the 'line' button?

Jeez, I'm getting old! :facepalm:

Maybe it was a Thursday night at Towns talk? I'm sure some remember what night that was! ;) 

Maybe one of them looked through a phone book and randomly dialed their number?

I was spending my early to mid 20's just looking for the best looking girls on dating websites. Some were 'fun' but they didn't work out. 

My best mate bollocked me for only ever contacting girls with a picture and so I decided to prove him wrong and show that I wasn't shallow...

I set all the parameters to my ideal woman - height, build, hair colour, education etc and up popped the profile of future Mrs Fordy. 

Needless to say I asked her for a picture before we went on a date, but 11 years later (7 married) and 2 sprogs later, all is excellent. 

Currenlty in heated debate as to whether there will be a 3rd addition...

Archived