IGNORED

Whether you believe in the manager or not...

EmersonsRed

15 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Certainly time to start believing in this group of players we have at our disposal. Becoming much harder to beat, not backing down to a challenge, heads aren't dropping like they have in recent years. Lots to be positive about.

Johnson changed the shape and we were instantly better.  Big credit to him.

The worst reactions i saw on here was the Reading and Cardiff defeats at home last season.

Had we of conceded a late goal this place would have gone off. "We can't keep a lead" and "We all saw it coming why couldn't LJ" and "LJ's a **** for this and that". 

I've been guilty of it, its just the way football fans are. 

20 minutes ago, hodge said:

I just hope that when the inevitable loss does come, that people don't resort to type and go ott, although I suppose it wouldn't be otib then.... 

Do you know what, Johnson is just sneaky and crafty enough not to lose for the rest of the season just to try and stop us moaning. As if that would stop us :blink:

9 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Johnson changed the shape and we were instantly better.  Big credit to him.

Something I have wanted him to do for some time. We now have the players to play a 3 and be balanced, far play to LJ to do it early enough. 

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Do you know what, Johnson is just sneaky and crafty enough not to lose for the rest of the season just to try and stop us moaning. As if that would stop us :blink:

Something I have wanted him to do for some time. We now have the players to play a 3 and be balanced, far play to LJ to do it early enough. 

Some would find something to have a moan about regardless

1 hour ago, EmersonsRed said:

Certainly time to start believing in this group of players we have at our disposal. Becoming much harder to beat, not backing down to a challenge, heads aren't dropping like they have in recent years. Lots to be positive about.

******* A, man. 

We can all see the occasional weakness, but one thing I'll never accuse anyone out there nowadays is not giving their all. They are consummate professionals. 

When you hear all the jabber about "DNA" and "fitting in the system" it sounds like corporate bullshit, but one thing you've got to say about the current regime is it requires players to buy into it. They are a unit. 

Early days, but I've been pleasantly surprised.

Actions, or in football results speak louder than words.

We've just taken four points from Reading and Wolves away.  

It is not ott or reactionary to be positive about that in the same way that it is not ott or to be reactionary in being critical after a disappointing point and poor game at home verses Millwall and a less than pro-active point at home verses Aston Villa.  

Brentford was crap and people said it was crap.

What is there to belittle people who are really only calling it as they see it?  One game at a time and all that. . . .

9 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

Who would of thought that we would go to 

Watford, Brentford, Reading, Wolves, and not get beaten by any of them?

That really is excellent form, something that would have definately not have happened last season.

So far we've played really well and got results, played poorly and salvaged results, played well and came away with a draw, played ok and lost and occasionally played really badly. I think the team is still settling down but the most positive thing is that we are currently 12th in the table and that looks realistic. I'm convinced this year won't be a struggle as last year was. Yes there are areas that we need to work on and Pisano's injury has unsettled the defence a bit (as was shown by last nights goals) and while Bobby's performance so far this season has been great, he needs more help up front, I don't think any one can suggest we are not a better side this season.  

44 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Swings and roundabouts maybe at the moment. Everyone was saying how great the defense is....well last night the defending was shocking. Upfront - no goal threat, but others in the team chipping in which is not common from City.

Are you this miserable about everything in life, or just City?

Go on, try and concentrate on the positives, you'll be much happier, I promise... :yes:

I posted on another thread a few days ago that in all years I've been going to AG that I'd never felt that the club is as healthy as it is now off the pitch and that if/when performances on the pitch could match that then the club would be making serious progress.

The win at Reading and draw last night convinced men that things on the pitch are improving. Those two games are both that City would have lost not so long ago and to get 4 points from 6 is a healthy return - if only City could defend a corner.......:whistle: we could have been looking at max points.

I feel really positive about the state of the club right now and SL deserves credit for employing the right professionals to run the ship.

1 hour ago, Thatch35 said:

Swings and roundabouts maybe at the moment. Everyone was saying how great the defense is....well last night the defending was shocking. Upfront - no goal threat, but others in the team chipping in which is not common from City.

26 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Are you this miserable about everything in life, or just City?

Go on, try and concentrate on the positives, you'll be much happier, I promise... :yes:

23 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Probably too busy planning his next boo ;) 

Great Boo's up Edmund...

1 hour ago, Thatch35 said:

Goals are not always conceded because of shocking defending - sometimes it is because of the quality of the opposition.  We were playing a very good team last night and we competed and came out with a point.  Hard to think of any negatives about that.

58 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Wolves have one of the best teams on paper and have that quality going forward. The way we were set up for a tough away game, it was never going to be easy.

You say up front we have no goal threat yet we scored three goals and one of them from our forward bobby. Out of all the teams we have played so far who had a real goal threat up front? Doesn't really matter as long as we are a threat in the final third.

Archived