IGNORED

Whether you believe in the manager or not...

EmersonsRed

3 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Wolves have one of the best teams on paper and have that quality going forward. The way we were set up for a tough away game, it was never going to be easy.

You say up front we have no goal threat yet we scored three goals and one of them from our forward bobby. Out of all the teams we have played so far who had a real goal threat up front? Doesn't really matter as long as we are a threat in the final third.

Diedhiou scored yesterday too and is on course to get 13 goals if he maintains this current average scoring record. Bobby Reid is the league's too scorer.. none of that is important though because Thatch35 from OTIB says we have 'no goal threat'.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

If you can't see this is more about the way those points were attained giving optimism then I feel sorry for you.

Statistics are all that matter in the end, but they don't show the route you're on 

This.

The manner in which way we have reached these points this season is way more important - We look so much more solid and have the bit between our teeth as opposed to last season where we really did rely on Tammy's goals. 

LJ has to the keep the momentum going now. Something to build on. There is no doubt that Tomlin was a bad influence on the side last year. Real shame as plenty of talent, but he was not a team player.

This side appears to be up for a fight and will not roll over like last season. Lots of positives for me. Wolves are a good side and we did compete. COYRs.

1 hour ago, Thatch35 said:

Swings and roundabouts maybe at the moment. Everyone was saying how great the defense is....well last night the defending was shocking. Upfront - no goal threat, but others in the team chipping in which is not common from City.

Individual mistakes don't make a defence bad especially when playing a team like Wolves who have spent 40/50 million on players this last year. We've conceded 9 goals which is bang average for the champ at the moment and 3 of those against arguably the best forwards we may face this season.

Your next statement is ridiculous - I'm just gonna post this.. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/top-scorers

(enough said)

You just like the attention of being a angry slapper (my opposite to the happy-clapper that gets banded about if your positive)

I think someone else mentioned above that we just look solid and hard to beat. In this league, we all know anyone can beat anyone else, and if wolves had snatched a winner last night, i dont think too many will have been overly critical if we have given it a right good go. ive been openly critical of lj, and him being kept on after last season, but there is much more steel to us now than last year. Just hope that we can keep this trait all season, and not go off like last year.

40 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Goals are not always conceded because of shocking defending - sometimes it is because of the quality of the opposition.  We were playing a very good team last night and we competed and came out with a point.  Hard to think of any negatives about that.

This is something I always say, not enough credit is given to the opposition in games.

Reading a few comments recently saying things like "not vintage City", or "decent performance, but not great" and I think too often people's expectations are just too much? 

That vintage performance will happen a few times a season for most teams in this league. The rest of the time we will be scraping for points along with the vast majority of teams. 

We are doing that right now and getting results and points without really hitting top gear. 

If you watch plenty of championship football, I think you'll see, on average, teams at the bottom scraping for points with rare moments of quality in a game, teams in the middle scraping having a few moments of quality in a game and teams at the top scraping with several moments of quality in a game.

Is it too soon too mention 'fine margins'?!? ;)

2 hours ago, glos old boy said:

Season 16/17 = 7 games 10pts; Season 17/18 = 7 games 10pts;

if I recall correctly - and if I don't, some kind person may correct me - whilst  we got results last year early in the season, the performances were weak and flattered by Tammy's goals. The interesting stat I would like to see is about chances created. Last year we couldn't defend a 3 -0 lead but we could create and put them away.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Diedhiou scored yesterday too and is on course to get 13 goals if he maintains this current average scoring record. Bobby Reid is the league's too scorer.. none of that is important though because Thatch35 from OTIB says we have 'no goal threat'.

Don't forget that this is the same Thatch35 who after the Barnsley game said that Bobby Reid could only score against non-league teams and compared Barnsley to a non-league team. Obviously, since that goal another 4 teams have proven themselves to be non-league the latest being Wolves last night.

He said that all the opposition had to do was stop Bobby Reid scoring and City would be up a certain creak without the proverbial paddle. Well, City scored three yesterday and only one came from Bobby, who thankfully, the opponents again failed to simply stop him from scoring.

I was very angry about what happened to Pembo and MA's bullshit explanation didn't help but have to own up and say McAlistair has made a significant difference. He's Mr Positive and this plus his gravitas and nouse seems to have inspired the players and he must also be influencing LJ.? eg in his interview nonchalantly mentions the change of shape which worked last night. Very well done all.

5 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

I was very angry about what happened to Pembo and MA's bullshit explanation didn't help but have to own up and say McAlistair has made a significant difference. He's Mr Positive and this plus his gravitas and nouse seems to have inspired the players and he must also be influencing LJ.? eg in his interview nonchalantly mentions the change of shape which worked last night. Very well done all.

I reckon there's more to Pemberton's departure than we know. He wasn't 'LJ's man' and obviously LJ would want his own people around him. 

7 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Its not 'my negativity' its a comment on fact, no emotions involved. Its just your misunderstanding and rushing into replies without thinking.

Well, no. Your comment was negative. As per the dictionary definition (handily shown below for you) your comment contained both criticism and pessimism.

Screenshot_20170913-120240.png

You are of course we'll within your rights to be as negative as you like, but I just asked a simple question about it. There was no need to get so defensive.

Have a nice day :)

11 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

hahah. Please please please post my quotes.

I cannot be arsed. Just like the booing one your quotes just stick in the memory rather like if the Queen slipped on a banana skin and landed in a very massive pile of horse dung would be difficult to forget although she would want one to forget. The fact you want to replay these Faux Pas shouldn't surprise me.

2 hours ago, Thatch35 said:

Its not 'my negativity' its a comment on fact, no emotions involved. Its just your misunderstanding and rushing into replies without thinking.

So it's not negativity?

Let's call it alternative positivity.

You could be married to Rachel Riley, live a life of luxury on her income, have a fantastic sex life with her with her and your only comment would be that she didn't boil your breakfast eggs long enough!

I love Pato but also think Leko was a classy player last night - be interested to see what would happen if they both started one game...

I think we're in a much, much stronger position that in previous seasons - the team does seem to be giving their all.

Anyone complaining about how we get the points needs to realise how competitive this league is - I look over our fixtures and think "ex-Prem, Prem last year, Prem a few years ago, ex-Prem, consistently in the play offs, ex-Prem, ooo someone smaller than us!"

Considering how much some of the teams we've played recently have cost to put together, our points from the last set of games has been a lot more than I'd dared hope for :chant6ez:

4 hours ago, Thatch35 said:

It's not 'my negativity' its a comment on fact, no emotions involved. Its just your misunderstanding and rushing into replies without thinking.

You are without doubt the most repetitive, one dimensional poster on Otib (No small feat given this is a forum that includes me as a poster). Your posts are universally awful so I suppose at least your consistency is impressive. 

And remember this is not 'my negativity' its a comment on fact, no emotions involved. 

4 hours ago, Thatch35 said:

Rotated!! dear oh dear. He was dropped for Leko. Leko who's done nothing yet, but Pato has been playing very well. Best assist stats nearly in the world according to another poster.

Given the description we got is Leko is potentially on Tammy's level then perhaps, just perhaps LJ saw enough of him in training to believe he's good enough to go straight away. Pisano at RB and don't think CO'D would have been starting RM, so going forward could be Leko and Pato on the wings. 

13 minutes ago, hodge said:

Given the description we got is Leko is potentially on Tammy's level then perhaps, just perhaps LJ saw enough of him in training to believe he's good enough to go straight away. Pisano at RB and don't think CO'D would have been starting RM, so going forward could be Leko and Pato on the wings. 

I can't wait to see that - as I said above I think both are great and it'll give us a lot of the movement and attacking flair we've all wanted.

With Bryan and Pisano doing their usual and Eliasson as another option we'd hopefully be really dangerous on the wings...

23 minutes ago, RichardEdd said:

You are without doubt the most repetitive, one dimensional poster on Otib (No small feat given this is a forum that includes me as a poster). Your posts are universally awful so I suppose at least your consistency is impressive. 

And remember this is not 'my negativity' its a comment on fact, no emotions involved. 

I'd normally agree, but there is one who tops Thatch.

@GIBBO THE GREAT is apparently incapable of posting anything other than "Johnson out"

Thatch - please remove me from your profile. Honestly, you could be the fittest bird I ever met, who cooks the perfect Madras and pours the perfect pint. Done all the cleaning and ironing, got up in the night when the kids wake up, but your constant ******* moaning would do my head in

I'd rather take a 5/10 who was happy with her lot in life

You remind me of toothache

2 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

I shouldn't be so presumptuous... 

Current thoughts are 1 defeat in 7 is a good start and credit to LJ and his staff for a steady if not spectacular start. 

Still not a fan but...

I know this league is very, very tough - but if we had the same fixtures we've had this season last season we'd have lost 3/4 at least

11 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Thatch - please remove me from your profile. Honestly, you could be the fittest bird I ever met, who cooks the perfect Madras and pours the perfect pint. Done all the cleaning and ironing, got up in the night when the kids wake up, but your constant ******* moaning would do my head in

I'd rather take a 5/10 who was happy with her lot in life

You remind me of toothache

If you put Thatch on ignore then you won't have to see their posts anymore. Just saying if they bother you that much :) 

6 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

If you put Thatch on ignore then you won't have to see their posts anymore. Just saying if they bother you that much :) 

That would be like pulling all my teeth out because I don't want toothache again

I like reading it, I tend to thrive off her gloom

Archived