IGNORED

FAN meeting - TONIGHT (Merged)

Dollymarie

Right, so the next FAN meeting is being held next Monday at the football club. This is different to the Q&A that was held last week where anyone could ask anything there and then. 

We'd like questions in advance please so that the football club can either make sure the right person from that side of things is in attendance, or have the answer to feedback at the meeting next week. 

If you can post any questions you have below, I will ensure they get to the FAN secretary ahead of Mondays meeting  

Can someone look at the Q&A section of this forum please. I understand @Mkelly has a different role now but there are a few questions not being answered so people are probably not bothering to post questions now.

I asked this one last year and was told it would be passed on to sign writers. Nothing. Then I asked again well over a month ago with no further acknowledgement. Maybe FAN can get a response please

"Hi Mark, I don't know if you can remember but I asked last season about the possibility of seat numbers being added to the signage in the concourse?

On Saturday once again people were arriving 10 minutes into the match and not knowing which end of the row their seat was in the Dolman. They wanted seat 5 of a block and entered at the 'wrong end' making a whole row of people have to stand up and let them through. This happens several times a match to the rows around me. 

This could have been avoided if signs like they have at Fulham and other grounds had the seat numbers on e.g. E28 seats 1-20 on one enterance and E28 21-40 on the other.

Can this be done please. There are many people who sit in the Dolman who are quite elderly and can't keep jumping to their feet to let people pass, and there certainly isn't much legroom.

Thanks"

Also, why are the hand driers in the SS/Dolman ladies toilets either still blowing out cold air or not working at all. The Lansdown has different style driers which work well. Maybe if the 'suits' had to use the facilities they would be fixed as promised?

1 hour ago, Negan said:

Can someone ask if they can make an app where we can get pizza from the pizzeria delivered to our seats during the game, hopefully they can bring a couple cans of gold to.

Good luck. They can barely cook two at once let alone covering the entire stadium.

1 hour ago, Negan said:

Can someone ask if they can make an app where we can get pizza from the pizzeria delivered to our seats during the game, hopefully they can bring a couple cans of gold to.

Now just imagining someone ordering a dominos to be delivered at half time

6 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Right, so the next FAN meeting is being held next Monday at the football club. This is different to the Q&A that was held last week where anyone could ask anything there and then. 

We'd like questions in advance please so that the football club can either make sure the right person from that side of things is in attendance, or have the answer to feedback at the meeting next week. 

If you can post any questions you have below, I will ensure they get to the FAN secretary ahead of Mondays meeting  

I think there are plenty of unanswered questions in the graffiti thread to pick some bones out of ;)

I'll ask again as I had no response last time although I understand it's a busy time. Would it be possible to name something possibly a bar as they've done with the wedlocks after Terry Cooper just to recognise the amazing work he achieved during our darkest hour . Not only coming through it but getting us promoted and two trips to Wembley. Thank you in advance. 

3 hours ago, Robin TBW said:

Good luck. They can barely cook two at once let alone covering the entire stadium.

Well how I see it working, say it was up and running now. When we play Derby, order before kick off, take your set and by the 60th minute of the Bolton game it should arrive. 

Is it possible for the club to seriously attempt to provide some drop down seating in the concourse areas, for people who cannot stand for too long. After all, the SAGs are an advisory group only. If the club employed experts in planning law to tackle this, then I'm sure any problems could be overcome.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, SyntaxtheRed said:

Beer at half time situation. 

As I asked in the stadium Q and A section which was ignored. I don't believe given the Season ticket fee, we should have to miss 5 minutes of the first half to get a beer at half time. 

Other countries use mobile dispensers to  help this issue.

We had the pre pay machines last season, but without any reason they are no longer used

I know this has been asked before...but I can't find an answer on here, so maybe someone can enlighten me...no pun intended.

I took this picture recently. It shows the lights that emit from the exits in the Lansdown stand. The picture doesn't really do it justice, as to how bright these lights are and how much they distract from watching the game. They really do make it hard to follow.

All it needs is a board of some kind, to stop those lights emanating directly out into the vision of the spectators sat in the Dolman.

DSC_0300.JPG

• Admin
14 minutes ago, spudski said:

I know this has been asked before...but I can't find an answer on here, so maybe someone can enlighten me...no pun intended.

I took this picture recently. It shows the lights that emit from the exits in the Lansdown stand. The picture doesn't really do it justice, as to how bright these lights are and how much they distract from watching the game. They really do make it hard to follow.

All it needs is a board of some kind, to stop those lights emanating directly out into the vision of the spectators sat in the Dolman.

DSC_0300.JPG

@spudski - I posted this recently

On 8/24/2017 at 21:43, phantom said:

Posted this in the thread last season, simple solution to stop the glare and doesn't affect lights being on. It REALLY needs the club to look into this @Mkelly

ZXIdeepbowlwolvwerhamptonapl07.jpg

17 minutes ago, phantom said:

@spudski - I posted this recently

Cheers mate....I missed that. Looks a very simple solution.

It really would make a difference...I can't stress enough how much it distracts from watching the game.

I really don't understand why they have to have them on tbh....there should be no lights on during a game, just the pitch lit up.

4 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Will be a H&S issue I expect so keep the concourses well lit. I expect the same happens in the Dolman but the Lansdown stand won't see it due to the vormitery design.

That's fine....I understand the concourse being lit up....it just needs the direction of those lights emanating across the pitch at eye level to be blocked.

41 minutes ago, spudski said:

DSC_0300.JPG

Totally agree. The whole stadium is far too bright when the match is on. Watching at Watford a couple of weeks ago was great, I'd forgotten how great football in the dark was until then

It's the same reason they turn the lights off at the cinema....so you can focus and get the best vision of the screen.

It should be the same at the ground, with just the pitch illuminated.

The lights from the stand illuminating the pitch are bright enough to see yourself walking down steps and out through the exits.

42 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Why aren't we allowed out to use KFC at halftime surely this is against human rights and just forces you to pay £6 for a rubbish hot dog? 

Sorry @ziderheadarmy but this tickled me.

The club aren't stopping you from leaving, but as per most venues no readmission is allowed.  

You could however a) not eat at the ground, b) take in a sandwich with you. 

This was being discussed in another post but I thought it was worth bringing up here as a question. I'm not sure if it falls within the FAN remit but its worth an ask.

"From discussions on OTIB it is apparent that there is a lack of transparency and general information regarding the City Foundation Prize draws and the benefits of being within the scheme. It is apparent that long term members have not been updated on revised benefits such as free Forever Bristol Memberships etc. Would it be possible to ensure that matters relating to the City Foundation draws are communicated more effectively, membership cards are sent out to members each year and more effort is made to engage with members? Some people who have been members for a significant length of time are unsure even if their names / numbers are still being entered into the draw even though the money is still being taken"

Thanks in advance.

Archived