IGNORED

FAN meeting - TONIGHT (Merged)

Dollymarie

On 14/09/2017 at 11:30, Selred said:

The club aren't stopping you from leaving, but as per most venues no readmission is allowed. 

Well that's rubbish, I walk out of the stadium every half time, have a cider and a chat with the chaps, maybe watch the band if they are good, then go back in for the second half, with no problems, ever...

I know the club revisited the Dolman tannoy during the 3 weeks away from home but on Saturday you still could not hear half of what is being said during pre-match and HT. The interviews before the game are completely inaudible. Can the club monitor the Dolman in the 40 minutes leading up to kick off. An empty stadium doesn't provide accurate tests.

59 minutes ago, BristolBEAT said:

I know the club revisited the Dolman tannoy during the 3 weeks away from home but on Saturday you still could not hear half of what is being said during pre-match and HT. The interviews before the game are completely inaudible. Can the club monitor the Dolman in the 40 minutes leading up to kick off. An empty stadium doesn't provide accurate tests.

Not only the Dolman,  it seems to be the whole stadium.

On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 14:23, Tinmans Love Child said:

In the Lansdown I just went outside and walked back in at halftime nobody was around, you could easily get in for free at halftime if you wanted

On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 23:14, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well that's rubbish, I walk out of the stadium every half time, have a cider and a chat with the chaps, maybe watch the band if they are good, then go back in for the second half, with no problems, ever...

All outer stadium entrance points (Ashton Road, Raynes Road, Winterstoke Road) are manned during half time so no one can just wander in for free. :ph34r:

On 15/09/2017 at 16:03, kivsy said:

Can you look into the poor handling of the city Cardiff game ? Kick off moved 3 times   . 

Also the mates rates , good idea but  I try and invite mates from my lads football to watch city , and then I have to embarrassingly go back and ask them for  dates of birth , postcode , mobile number , shoe size etc. I understand why the club do it , maybe a reason the derby gate might not be as big as it could have been ? 

This wasn't the case. I got 4 mates rates tickets. 2 for my ST and then seperately, 2 for my sons ST. 

You just select your seats, pick price category "mates rates" and then allocate them to your season ticket. At no point did it ask who they were for, or request any information about them. 

IF they did, which they didn't! Then it's not exactly a hardship to give a few details in return for a cheap ticket, or make them up..! 

14 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

This wasn't the case. I got 4 mates rates tickets. 2 for my ST and then seperately, 2 for my sons ST. 

You just select your seats, pick price category "mates rates" and then allocate them to your season ticket. At no point did it ask who they were for, or request any information about them. 

IF they did, which they didn't! Then it's not exactly a hardship to give a few details in return for a cheap ticket, or make them up..! 

I rang the club up and was asked for my friends name , addresses , email , and had to set a supporter if number.    Why would I lie ?  The  scheme certainly didn't add many to the actual attendance.  

3 minutes ago, kivsy said:

I rang the club up and was asked for my friends name , addresses , email , and had to set a supporter if number.    Why would I lie ?  The  scheme certainly didn't add many to the actual attendance.  

I did it online and it didn't ask for anything. 

27 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Thanks for posting the minutes.

Nutshell.

Toilets were used as toilets in the Fanzone, thus removed. Stewards can still go for a piss.

The club can afford to turn down pay on the day.

Two years on, people are still inspecting the hand dryers.

Tannoy. 20k has been spent on nothing.

Can you not buy a ticket on the day at the ground any more?

FWIW on the signage as I don't always sit in the same place and can never remember which way they go I and those I go with take random punts on which end of a block we should be going in, but we get there early enough its not really an issue if we're wrong. As for the response of 'there's always a steward' surely it makes more sense to get a few signs made rather than people having to go and ask the steward and potentially causing more crowding to the block entrances and creating extra for stewards to do for the sake of what is likely pocket change to the club. 

Basically there seems to be a disconnect as far as the mates rate goes between buying online and over the phone.

I suppose the club would ask over the phone as they want to grow the database, the fanbase.

What I don't get is why they would do it on phone but not online for example. Still a work in progress in the latter example? Who knows.

7 minutes ago, hodge said:

As for the hand dryers I just assumed we had the ones which were designed that way as they saved energy :blink: 

It does seem strange to say that they are speaking to the suppliers. 

It should be fairly short dialogue. 

"These ####ing dryers still don't work properly. Get them changed by next week or we will cancel the contract and get them from elsewhere"

Sorted. 

7 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It does seem strange to say that they are speaking to the suppliers. 

It should be fairly short dialogue. 

"These ####ing dryers still don't work properly. Get them changed by next week or we will cancel the contract and get them from elsewhere"

Sorted. 

How hard can that be?

Archived