IGNORED

Parsons Green Underground Station.

Tipps69

17 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Ive been caught up in this today. Luckily missed it by a couple of hours but makes you think! 

I went through Parsons Green on Weds about the same time of day :/

55 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

ISIS claiming responsibility and the UK threat level has been raised to critical meaning an attack is `imminent`.

I'd of thought after such a poor effort (from their perspective), they'd be embarrassed by the attack, not proud to claim responsibility for something that failed so badly (from their perspective).

But I guess nothing should surprise me with such a pathetic organisation!

The thing about ISIS is that they almost certainly carry out a tenth of the attacks they claim to - who can say they didnt? What needs to be done is beyond my limited mental capacity, but to be as nonplussed about terror attacks as I am is startling in itself.

I have a question for posters better able to remember it.

When the Northern Ireland issue was rumbling on for about 30 years or so was it, was the situation as heightened worry as it is now?

It maybe an obvious answer question or indeed it maybe a stupid one but were the concern levels as high as they seem to have been in recent times? By which I mean since 2005.

8 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

The thing about ISIS is that they almost certainly carry out a tenth of the attacks they claim to - who can say they didnt? What needs to be done is beyond my limited mental capacity, but to be as nonplussed about terror attacks as I am is startling in itself.

This one seems odd in sense we've seen I inages, no descriptions of suspects from people nearby, no religious words etc. All things we usually get.  Either they're having a news blackout or they don't really have a clue.  Something seems odd here. It could even be an attacker with other motives.. doubtful but who knows?

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

When the Northern Ireland issue was rumbling on for about 30 years or so was it, was the situation as heightened worry as it is now?

It maybe an obvious answer question or indeed it maybe a stupid one but were the concern levels as high as they seem to have been in recent times? By which I mean since 2005.

My friend on FB who was in the army in 80s said this was the equivalent to a different status they had back then and no they'd never had it before. I'll ask him what it was I can't remember 

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

At least the IRA were not the utterly amoral, nihilistic shithouses (reprehensible, but not totally devoid of morals or reason), that these animals are. 

10 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Found it now - the old system was bikini level system. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BIKINI_state

As far as I'm aware it never went red during the IRA conflicts 

The IRA had a genuine cause - they just went about the wrong way.

These radicalised muslims have no real cause other than a twisted perception of the Koran.

These attacks are a wider issue where the radicalised Imans strategy is to create the non Muslim community in European countries into Islamaphobics thereby causing young Muslim men to feel even more ostracised and angry and therefore easier to radacalise. 

Its almost impossible to live a pure Islamic life in a western society.

I remember the IRA bombings, some of them. I guess my parents kept me away from a lot of the horrors but I do remember they often gave coded warnings.  They would phone up a newspaper or the police and say there would be a bomb going off and in MOST cases shops, pubs etc could be cleared with minimum loss of life. Many of the greater casualties were because of confusion over these messages, wrong location given or message not passed on. They were killers no doubt about that, but they had rules which ISIS certainly do not

On 15/09/2017 at 22:44, Mr Popodopolous said:

No it wasn't. The government seem to be playing on it now.

Speaking from memories of work, i used to work for the MoD in the 80's, there was a 'Bikini State' alert board on the way into work, this would always go to Amber after a provo attack.

11 hours ago, northsomersetred said:

A 'refugee' who has been here since he was 15, i wonder if the bomb had gone of whether those wanting to let '000s of them in would be saying it now?

Probably not.

Many will still see it as a small price to pay for an open, multicultural society. If the terrorist attacks and other incidents across the West over the past fifteen years, perpetrated by both homegrown Islamists and recent refugees/migrants weren't enough to change these people's opinions, then this wouldn't have.

It's becoming clear that this isn't going to change or improve anytime soon in my opinion-more police on the streets and censoring the internet isn't going to solve the problem. All you can do is stay vigilant, be aware of your surroundings and do the best to protect your loved ones, wherever you are.

• Admin
On 15/09/2017 at 22:44, Mr Popodopolous said:

We didn't have the Internet, 24 hour rolling news channels, social media, smart phones - all of which I'm sure contribute to heightening people's concerns and the politicians / intelligence agencies are responding in a different way than 30 years ago.  

Archived