IGNORED

Cardiff - Back to 12 Noon on Saturday!

BRISTOL86

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

One for @JulieH ?

Allow me to answer for @JulieH

I'm not sure it's a fair question to ask her. It's a decision that's been made well above her rank and maybe if she were to give her truthful feelings on the matter, it could lead to some professional embarrassment both for her and those who made the decision. 

It seems a bizarre decision I don't recall seeing the likes of before. Very odd. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

One for @JulieH ?

No doubt she'll come out with the usual bollocks to placate us, remember the Metrobus bullshit last season?

The police did this to Everton and Liverpool recently iirc, the clubs told the police to do one and the game went ahead at 1730.Why are A+S able to dictate to us like this when Merseyside police- at a far bigger game- can't?

I'm struggling to understand this, A&S can't provide enough PSU resources then why haven't they put it out for mutual aid from other forces.  For those that don't know it's where other forces share resources and provide staff for key events. 

I'd love to know A&S reasoning for not back filling resources via mutual aid. 

7 minutes ago, kivsy said:

Very poor , if the West Midlands can handle villa, wolves, West Brom , Walsall etc.  Plus all the visiting fans coming from all over the country ! Little Avon and Somerset can't cope with city v Cardiff. ? 

They have a lot more officers.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_police_forces_of_the_United_Kingdom

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I'm not sure it's a fair question to ask her. It's a decision that's been made well above her rank and maybe if she were to give her truthful feelings on the matter, it could lead to some professional embarrassment both for her and those who made the decision. 

It seems a bizarre decision I don't recall seeing the likes of before. Very odd. 

While respecting what you say.

Perhaps the person who made the decision should be made embarrassed over it!

A Friday night game in dark November was always going to be harder to police given the friction between the two clubs. I guess other Police forces also Police Friday games, but maybe not between teams who really don't like eachother and with the added hassle of bonfire weekend too. I see Sky has now opted for Wolves v Fulham on that Friday instead, a much less risk match I would think.

Im not sticking up for anyone here, I love Friday night games and hate noon ones, and the club has lost a lot of money but from a pure protection point of view, and that is the job of the Police, you can understand why they have made that decision.

Obviously though because Bristol City Council and the SAG are a top secret organisation we can't hear the full reasoning.

Mark Kelly: "Several of the points made at the recent extraordinary SAG meeting were hugely out of context and while we, both Ashton Gate Stadium and Bristol City, respect the input of the Police on matchdays, we feel this decision is wholly unnecessary."

Let's hear it, @JulieH.

11 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Thanks. I think it's important for us to know, what we can. If she's hamstrung by those above, that's on them and not her. Ideally we would get a bit more explanation on the reasons why- let's see...

@Robbored Yeah more than likely made by a bigwig.

@Stortz Good question that. Hence why I reckon we should get some answers on it.

@JamesBCFC Agree fully.

Definitely seems unprecedented though.

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thanks. I think it's important for us to know, what we can. If she's hamstrung by those above, that's on them and not her. Ideally we would get a bit more explanation on the reasons why- let's see...

@Robbored Yeah more than likely made by a bigwig.

@Stortz Good question that. Hence why I reckon we should get some answers on it.

Definitely seems unprecedented though.

We tend to be bound by our press offices on these things. I'd be surprised if she were any different. Especially on matters like this!

The police had already moved it from a 3pm KO to 12 noon, there was no way they would then agree to a 7.45pm Friday night was there.  I personally think it should go back to 3pm and be done, although then I guess the original argument of drinking before the match and Policeing in the dark afterwards would stand. 

Surely everone has noticed that at recent, bigger games shall we say,that we seem to be using Devon and Cornwall police to boost the police numbers at the games.I think I saw on the telly the other night that A and S have lost 750 police officers since 2011,so a bit of point scoring is obviously going on.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It'll be the usual bollocks from A&S police.

"can't ensure safety" blah, blah......despite the club picking up the tab .

Red Raw is right - Friday night is the police piss up night.........and those on duty ogling the pissed up babes in town.....

Not standing up for  the changes and farce and some views expressed by posters on here ,but

But - after your.     'usual B******s' big statement

the (usual)  incorrect / inaccurate 'b******x' from you

The Club only 'Pick up the tab' for officers deployed inside the stadium , not the ones delpoyes outside and in City Centre to prevent or react to disorder

If you're going to come out with profound criticism,  at least get your facts right

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

14 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not standing up for  the changes and farce and some views expressed by posters on here ,but

The Club only 'Pick up the tab' for officers deployed inside the stadium , not the ones delpoyes outside and in City Centre to prevent or react to disorder

If you're going to come out with profound criticism,  at least get your facts right

Bob......wtf are you on about? 

Do still believe that the club didn't receive all those letters of apology?........jeez...

14 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Do you want to read the statement from the club and have another go at that.

The club offered to pick up the tab for any officer deployed at the stadium - this includes the surrounding area.

Archived