IGNORED

Cardiff - Back to 12 Noon on Saturday!

BRISTOL86

Hang on, how does this work then? Fixtures are published in June and the Police immediately see a possible high risk match and get it changed to a 'better' time. Roll on just over 2 months and Sky approach the club and say they want us, and club says yes please£££. Fast forward another 2 weeks and the Police decide no that's too dangerous?

Didn't Sky ask ALL parties when they approached us, surely they would have seen a noon KO ??!!  The only reason matches are played at that time of day is for Sky, obviously not the case here, or because they are 'troubled' matches. Something here is a bit weird. 

19 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

How much money will this cost the club, now that it's not on sky?

I doubt it will cost us anything, all clubs are featured on sky a minimum amount of times, unless we do very well/badly or our last games are against teams in those situations we tend to pretty much be on sky the minimum amount each season. Now its just a case another one of our games will be selected for Sky instead. 

4 minutes ago, hodge said:

I doubt it will cost us anything, all clubs are featured on sky a minimum amount of times, unless we do very well/badly or our last games are against teams in those situations we tend to pretty much be on sky the minimum amount each season. Now its just a case another one of our games will be selected for Sky instead. 

Each club must be selected for a Sky live home fixture at least twice. Perhaps Sky could reasonably say they selected us twice and it's out of their control that we might only have the one televised home game.

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

Hang on, how does this work then? Fixtures are published in June and the Police immediately see a possible high risk match and get it changed to a 'better' time. Roll on just over 2 months and Sky approach the club and say they want us, and club says yes please£££. Fast forward another 2 weeks and the Police decide no that's too dangerous?

Didn't Sky ask ALL parties when they approached us, surely they would have seen a noon KO ??!!  The only reason matches are played at that time of day is for Sky, obviously not the case here, or because they are 'troubled' matches. Something here is a bit weird. 

Sky did speak to all parties, including Police, and suggested initially Saturday night for TV. A Police representative told Sky and the clubs that they would want the game Friday night instead of Saturday, to which everyone agreed. 2 weeks later, the Police have changed their mind.

3 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Each club must be selected for a Sky live home fixture at least twice. Perhaps Sky could reasonably say they selected us twice and it's out of their control that we might only have the one televised home game.

I doubt it as we could make a case for not receiving any revenue due to not being shown, its not like sky aren't showing another game instead. 

10 minutes ago, hodge said:

Championship clubs are given £100,000 per live game on sky.

Source:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/championship-tv-money-aston-villa-12969621

3 minutes ago, kanemochi said:

Championship clubs are given £100,000 per live game on sky.

Source:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/championship-tv-money-aston-villa-12969621

I know that, but I'm saying we'll just have a different game featured instead and it probably won't change the amount of times sky would show us over the course of the season. 

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Interesting that everyone seems to be blaming the police here, don't get me wrong I have no time for them around football, but perhaps people should look a little closer to home on this.... 

Managing Director of Ashton Gate, Mark Kelly, said: “We are disappointed that Avon & Somerset Police felt they would not be able to safely resource the Cardiff City fixture if it was played on the Friday night and made the decision to veto the date at this late stage.

“Despite all of the measures we had agreed to put in place – including Bristol City agreeing to meet the costs of police deployed at the stadium – the police still felt they would be unable to resource an appropriate level of public order-trained officers to its other commitments.

Sounds like its fairly obvious which party is responsible 

3 minutes ago, Red Derek said:

Seems bizarre that Cardiff, a city half the size of Bristol, can happily host two potential risky events on the same day. October 28 sees Millwall travel to Cardiff, the same day as 80 000 boxing fans decend on the city for the Joshua fight!!!

They've had Cardiff City, Wales Rugby and England Cricket playing on the same day before. 

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Hang on, weren't the majority of people saying how stupid it was when it got moved to Friday? It's now been moved back (and for what it's worth it should never have been moved in the first place) and people are still complaining?

Yes I'm complaining, I swapped my shift so I could make it to AG for 12:00 KO then swapped it again so I could go on the Friday night and now I've got to try and swap it again (which is highly unlikely)  not everyone works 5 days doing a 9-5 you know

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

I know that, but I'm saying we'll just have a different game featured instead and it probably won't change the amount of times sky would show us over the course of the season. 

Ye i get your point buy I think it'll certainly make them more cautious of selecting our games unless we're doing very well in the league. Time will tell i guess

13 minutes ago, hodge said:

Managing Director of Ashton Gate, Mark Kelly, said: “We are disappointed that Avon & Somerset Police felt they would not be able to safely resource the Cardiff City fixture if it was played on the Friday night and made the decision to veto the date at this late stage.

“Despite all of the measures we had agreed to put in place – including Bristol City agreeing to meet the costs of police deployed at the stadium – the police still felt they would be unable to resource an appropriate level of public order-trained officers to its other commitments.

The club can put out whatever statement they want. Doesn't make it accurate or true. Just saying. :) 

• Admin
10 minutes ago, hodge said:

If the WHOLE story was a simple as this I would agree

I'm guessing @JulieHwon't reply on here due to the nature of blame here, but I'd guarantee the police, fire service and SAG would have more to add to this statement if they could

Believe me our club have to take a large proportion of blame for this cock up

3 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

The club can put out whatever statement they want. Doesn't make it accurate or true. Just saying. :) 

The outpouring of faux outrage from club officials is quite funny to see. The club have very much been complicit in getting previous games against Cardiff, Swansea etc made into bubble games or given early kick-offs.

Now they stand to lose some cash from Sky and suddenly they care about the inconvenience these kind of arrangements cause supporters!

• Admin
13 minutes ago, ESSEX ROBIN said:

Great that means ive lost money on the hotel trip as I was staying over and rail ticket as well.its always the fans out of pocket

If we had an an angry button I'd push it for you here, piss poor effort from a variety of sources, just can't believe the club are acting like they had no part in this happening 

We will always be a laughing stock (Bristol)  , absolute joke of a decision not consulting fans but changing k.o times and dates at there will !!! We have a supporters group consulte them before the club and local plod make themselves look even more stupid , if the plod can't handle a footy match maybe look at an outside security company as it appears our plod ain't up to the job . 

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

If the WHOLE story was a simple as this I would agree

I'm guessing @JulieHwon't reply on here due to the nature of blame here, but I'd guarantee the police, fire service and SAG would have more to add to this statement if they could

Believe me our club have to take a large proportion of blame for this cock up

In that case, with the greatest of respect, maybe you should cut out the itk posturing and tell us what the score is rather than just leave little titbits?

If you can't tell us, fair enough- but it really is far better to say nothing at all if that's the case imo.

41 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Do you want to read the statement from the club and have another go at that.

The club offered to pick up the tab for any officer deployed at the stadium - this includes the surrounding area.

Someone's deleted the 'surrounding area' bit from his statement !

Blagards

23 minutes ago, hodge said:

:thumbsup:

The quote by EFL chief exec in the same article is also quite interesting:

EFL chief executive Shaun Harvey said: “Despite achieving an agreement in principle, Avon and Somerset Police subsequently made a number of representations to the Safety Advisory Group and it became clear that they were not prepared to provide the police resources they felt were necessary away from Ashton Gate itself to prevent any possible disorder. In any event, Bristol City had agreed to meet the costs of the Police deployed at the stadium.

“The safety of spectators at EFL matches will always be our primary consideration when scheduling fixtures, yet we are disappointed at today’s developments and will be seeking a meeting with Avon and Somerset Police force in relation to this matter at the earliest possible opportunity, as the Clubs that fall within that area should not be disadvantaged.”

Sounds police led?

23 minutes ago, harrys said:

Yes I'm complaining, I swapped my shift so I could make it to AG for 12:00 KO then swapped it again so I could go on the Friday night and now I've got to try and swap it again (which is highly unlikely)  not everyone works 5 days doing a 9-5 you know

Well said, even though I am lucky not to have to work weekends. You are dead right, they have been bang out of order on the fans. Just when I thought i couldn't be more irritated by that lot..  sat in their silly little vans in 20mph zones, where the road is half a mile wide and the real limit is around 40. not bitter (:laugh:)  but God, they get on my tits.

6 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

Blimey, heaven forbid anyone actually needs the police in the future, you all clearly have no time whatsoever for them! People asking officers directly on here for explanations! Embarrassing really. 

What on Earth are you on about?

a) They work for us, we are entitled to ask them questions.

b) Answering said questions is the entire reason for the police liaison officer to be on here!

Archived