IGNORED

Cardiff - Back to 12 Noon on Saturday!

BRISTOL86

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Good idea - Get it going :thumbsup:

( Not up with it but think  they have tried to regulate firework sales)

The point being - I think you're wildly criticising without having an idea of what and why tbh or any degree of understanding 

I do have an understanding. 

After 7 years of austerity and cuts the Police are unable to Police effectively.

The Fire service are unable to provide  adequate cover across the country.

Royal Navy unable to send ships to sea , the RAF unable to stop Russians airforce violating our airspace.

Schools unable to afford books for pupils.

The NHS unable to treat and care for all the people in this country.

I understand that with this current government and its policy we are turning into a 2nd rate nation , unable to educate its children, care for its sick and elderly, uphold law and order and protect it self from enemies at home and abroad and run by unelected Quangos who decided that lights must be kept on with in a stadium stands during the game.

3 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Let's not forget that the fire brigade also sit on the SAG. I think I can confidently say they would have had big objections to the game being on the Friday, so I'm not sure why the entire blame has been placed on the police by the club in their statement.

Sorry for my ignorance but why would the  fire brigade have any objections?  

5 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Hang on, weren't the majority of people saying how stupid it was when it got moved to Friday? It's now been moved back (and for what it's worth it should never have been moved in the first place) and people are still complaining?

We have to consider fans who have made plans. Not every city supporter lives in Bristol or the Westcountry. Train tickets etc. Really poor this wasn't discussed prior to sky. 

5 minutes ago, Bs11lad said:

Sorry for my ignorance but why would the  fire brigade have any objections?  

Please see above. It's bonfire weekend. Friday night they will be massively busy, so may not be able to respond as effectively should there be a major incident at AG. Believe it or not these things get taken into account every time we play. :) 

3 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Why did A&S ever agree to a Friday night game in the first place if they knew they couldn't resource it? Absolute shambles that this game has been moved three times!

That`s the point here really isn`t it? I still think we fans are being used as pawns in the Government v Police political battle currently under way.

Gotta say that Brighton game...

Tomlin missed a great chance after a great pass by Tammy in that first 10 mins. That game derailed us big time.

I know Brighton were worthy winners but had Tomlin scored in the first 10, under floodlights, crowd were up for it, plus Brighton were frequently a counterattacking side...they would have been up against it make no mistake.

14 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Don`t be obtuse mate. I`m merely suggesting that the Fire Service could be slightly busier than usual on the Friday of bonfire weekend. 

Sorry mate , wasn't being obtuse.

We played on bonfire night last year so what changed.

If they didn't have a problem last year why should they object this year.

In December 2000 on builders Friday we played the gas on live on Sky.

There is always more trouble at these matches than the Cardiff game.

Is there more trouble at matches now than there was then?

This is a massive retrograde step in policing of football , this is the thin end of the wedge, what next , police ordering teams to play behind closed because  they are unable or unwilling to Police games.

8 minutes ago, bs3 said:

In December 2000 on builders Friday we played the gas on live on Sky.

There is always more trouble at these matches than the Cardiff game.

Is there more trouble at matches now than there was then?

This is a massive retrograde step in policing of football , this is the thin end of the wedge, what next , police ordering teams to play behind closed because  they are unable or unwilling to Police games.

This is the biggest concern at the heart of this situation and we should be very worried about it IMO.

31 minutes ago, bs3 said:

I do have an understanding. 

After 7 years of austerity and cuts the Police are unable to Police effectively.

The Fire service are unable to provide  adequate cover across the country.

Royal Navy unable to send ships to sea , the RAF unable to stop Russians airforce violating our airspace.

Schools unable to afford books for pupils.

The NHS unable to treat and care for all the people in this country.

I understand that with this current government and its policy we are turning into a 2nd rate nation , unable to educate its children, care for its sick and elderly, uphold law and order and protect it self from enemies at home and abroad and run by unelected Quangos who decided that lights must be kept on with in a stadium stands during the game.

So to pay for these deficiencies, you would presumably advocate higher taxes, which would you propose, under this government?

5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

3 on a Saturday would of been nice. For me Friday night . Midday kick offs just don't do it for me . Oh well done now. 

I must confess, living 120 miles away, I prefer Fridays TBH. A home game on a Saturday is a ten hour day - more in the holiday season with the M5 traffic.

I accept I`m almost certainly in a minority though.

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I must confess, living 120 miles away, I prefer Fridays TBH. A home game on a Saturday is a ten hour day - more in the holiday season with the M5 traffic.

I accept I`m almost certainly in a minority though.

Wow . Fair play. Early start for you that day then. Right balls up this fixture

FWIW Friday nights are always better to me. Bulk of kickoff slots are better the midday ones. Each to their own but I think Midday Saturday is about the worst slot.

PS though. The atmosphere thing... Saw Serie A game on TV lately. 12.30pm ko Italian time on the Sunday, a pretty shit ko time.

Didn't seem to affect the atmosphere much but I agree, rather hard to get going.

Archived