IGNORED

Johnson out

Alan Dicks

1 hour ago, Red Army 79 said:

It was a fantastic result today along with beating Reading and drawing with Wolves. Getting 7 points against these three teams is absolutely brilliant.

However around this time last season we beat Villa at home and looked the real deal, offered Johnson a new deal and then completely fell apart.

Yes we are doing well but it is still early days.

1 hour ago, Thatch35 said:

Hope it gets better and better. Then he will be off to bigger club. Keep it up LJ.

It is early days and I am doing my best to keep my feet on the ground. Having said that, @Thatch35 guaranteed. me that within 10 games I would see how right he was about Johnson. 8 league games and 2 league cup games and I am still waiting.

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Far better squad, much to look forward to. the past is gone

We have added strength in depth and not just depth like last season. Looking at the starting XI today and I thought we were going to lose. We have seemed to gain backbone and belief over the last couple of months last year and into the new season, we concede and our game doesn't drop. Even when we lost to Brum we were on top all game. It's so refreshing to go a goal down and feel like the game is still in our hands, haven't felt like that since 2015!!

:clapping:

3 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Plenty of dipshits questioning the decision making of a self made billionaire.

:facepalm:

It's a long term plan with SL & LJ 'n' co.

A self made billionaire in Finance. Not football, an industry in which there are far more examples of his piss poor decision making than the opposite.

But back on topic, all the plaudits today go to the players and coaching staff. Well done all.

Our best performance at this level years?

Being a supporter of LJ during the dark period last season, I am happy with how we've started off this season (I was happy this time last year).

Until we get to Jan '18, it just wont be possible to say if it will continue (I accept that we really didn't cover ourselves in glory last season after October last season).

All said and done, in my view, we just 'look' better at the beginning of this season compared to this time last season.

Let's just hope that things continue.

COYR

3 hours ago, Red Army 79 said:

It was a fantastic result today along with beating Reading and drawing with Wolves. Getting 7 points against these three teams is absolutely brilliant.

However around this time last season we beat Villa at home and looked the real deal, offered Johnson a new deal and then completely fell apart.

Yes we are doing well but it is still early days.

This time last season we had fewer points and had just drawn at home....to Derby. Also 3 defeats at this stage last season compared to only 1 this season.

However, I totally agree with your last point, still early days.

Keep up the good work LJ.

24 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

This time last season we had fewer points and had just drawn at home....to Derby.

However, I totally agree, early days.

Keep up the good work though LJ.

Hopefully we can hold this away form. That went first last season. After the Fulham 0-4 wonder game. We didn't win again till Wigan in march. Then the home form went when we lost 2 very winnable games against Preston and Brentford in a week. That doesn't look like happening this time as we have better defensive midfielders on the pitch and look much less likely to fold under pressure. 

7 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

My sincere apologies to Lee Johnson.

I've never felt so happy to have egg on my face, and to be proven wrong!!!

JOHNSON IN

crikey that's the easiest 35 likes you will ever get, I might start my own fammy I love you thread, and try to catch you up.

Think big boss was right not sacking LJ during our bad run last season. Showed that we have a plan, structure. We are progressing as a club. LJ learnt something last season. We struggled but avoid relegation. Last eleven games last season showed that our team could play well and win. This season shows that we are establshed in this leauge, that progress. The scouting, the plan is doing well so far. LJ now know how he should play the players. Last season many new players. We started well with many points, we had luck then and scored late. Then the bad run came and most of the fans got panic. Early days but this squad seems to have the potential to be in the middle of the table or top ten. My hopes for this season was midtable, so far so good. Always believe, COYR!!!

9 hours ago, kiwicolin said:

Always backed Lee Johnson  as a player and manager.  He loves the club and has  got his team playing brilliantly.  

Well done to SL and the board for sticking with him.  :clap::clap:

Same with me. one of the few who stayed loyal to LJ through the dark ages. It's obvious he loves the club and, as I have stated in the past, I would much rather have someone like that in charge of the club than a journeyman,with no connection, any day.

This is hilarious. This forum is so up and down. I'm well known for not being a LJ fan. Always said hope he proves me wrong. At the moment have to admit th last 3 games have been terrific. However let's not forget the start we had last season. Suggest we keep a level mind set for now and take each game as it comes but he has certainly learnt from some of the mistakes. 

16 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

This is hilarious. This forum is so up and down. I'm well known for not being a LJ fan. Always said hope he proves me wrong. At the moment have to admit th last 3 games have been terrific. However let's not forget the start we had last season. Suggest we keep a level mind set for now and take each game as it comes but he has certainly learnt from some of the mistakes. 

Let's hope that some of the posters on here have also learnt from their mistakes.

:fingerscrossed:

I don't think this should be about who wanted Johnson in or out. At the end of the day, we all want the best for City.

Admittedly, some of the attacks on LJ last year were unacceptable. But it was bought out of frustration and I think Johnson would be the first to understand.

I personally backed Johnson throughout everything. I could see what he was trying to do, I think during that run last year, we were highly unlucky at times and I still maintain the players let him down on numerous occasion. 

This year it seems everyone is on board; the staff, the players and importantly the fans. Ofcourse the results help, but the performances alone have been nothing short of brilliant on the whole. 

I can't help but be excited. We got a great owner, a young squad and a manager who loves the club. It's a recipe for big things. I said at the start of the season, I would be overthemoon with a mid table finish. I still would be. Yes we're playing very well, but we must not forget the last couple of years, I think a season of mid table solidarity this year, will set us up nicely in the long run for a big promotion push next year. But don't get me wrong, if we keep playing like the way we are, that promotion push may come a bit earlier. 

I just hope when we lose next, all of this is not forgotten like it so normally is. 

But it's good times at the moment! Let's enjoy it.

Up the City X

18 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

My sincere apologies to Lee Johnson.

I've never felt so happy to have egg on my face, and to be proven wrong!!!

JOHNSON IN

Agreed.  I have been very much in the Johnson out camp but am more than happy that so far he is proving me wrong and long may it continue. A nice win against Stoke would also be a nice confidence boost for all.

2 hours ago, tinman85 said:

I'd say it's not 'hilarious', more like people expressing the relief from the dirge that had descended on OTIB from January this year (OTIB has it's ups and downs but earlier this year it was almost permanently down for about 3 months).

It appears that you might be grudgingly giving LJ some credit but to read between the lines, it appears to be insincere ("Suggest we keep a level mind set...").

We are at the beginning of the season and we are doing well, but admittedly we have 38 games to go and anything can happen. Bristol City are not easy to watch sometimes and can do some infuriating about turns when we think all is going well. To be a BCFC fan requires thick skin at times.

My view, last season we placed too much reliance on a small number of players - quite simply, it was forgotten that football is a team game. I'd say that this year, we have depth to the team and I'm hopeful for this season as a result.

COYR

2 hours ago, tinman85 said:

What mistakes? Up until a win at Reading we were hardly playing spectacularly. The majority of fans were calling for change last season. 

OP admits to having been "proven wrong", by definition he therefore made a mistake.

If, as you say, the majority of fans were calling for change last season, was that not a mistake?

Or had SL had carried out that call, would that not have been a mistake by him?

OK, it's still early days, but I still believe it would have been a mistake to sack him.

There were others posting on here that "Bobby Reid can't shoot for toffee" and should never be played as a striker...................another mistake???

"Can't see where the goals are going to come from"....................top scorers in the Championship???

Make no mistake we are a different proposition this season altogether. We are stronger both mentally and physically. Our football is quick, and we aren't capitulating when we concede a goal. We could conceivably finish in the top half this season, and if we keep our players together then we can mount a play off challenge next season.

Archived