IGNORED

Dolman PA (Merged)

Bristol Rob

11 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Easy!

I always use the decimal system for my dates. Much easier to remember I was born on 0.0362. That said, nobody has ever given me a birthday card so it's not the right system for everyone.

Bugger me!!

we share the same birthday!

3 hours ago, 42nite said:

They probably don't even know what day it is.

Imagine the confusion when someone throws 3 numbers at them!

25/09/17

Work that one out.

Lummydaze.

Us, on the back row, are still trying to suss out what's time-unique about the number '3', let alone a combination of three random numbers!

My mate, Dim Tim, now reckons it might be something to do with cooking a runny egg that he can dip his soldiers in - so, 3 minutes on boil and 7 bread soldiers. I'm not so sure myself but thought I'd throw it out there. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I bet it'll be just as crap tomorrow night and spoils a fantastic revamped stadium. 

Spot on Alf, I came away from the 4-1 thrashing of Derby feeling absolutely gutted that I couldn't hear the tannoy announcements, I mean a cracking game of football is all well and good but's what's the point of going to the game if you can't hear the tannoy?

1 hour ago, CodeRed said:

Spot on Alf, I came away from the 4-1 thrashing of Derby feeling absolutely gutted that I couldn't hear the tannoy announcements, I mean a cracking game of football is all well and good but's what's the point of going to the game if you can't hear the tannoy?

Unlike you I left AG buzzing after the Derby game but it was the performance that was the cause, not the tannoy system.

5 minutes ago, Mkelly said:

Robbo 

Where do you sit? Can you pm me and I will join you with a technician on the next game.  We are getting mixed feedback in different areas so are trying to rectify if it's sound from the PA or clarity of speaker.

Wow! A reply at long last from MKelly

Im in E33 Dolman. 

55 minutes ago, Mkelly said:

Robbo 

Where do you sit? Can you pm me and I will join you with a technician on the next game.  We are getting mixed feedback in different areas so are trying to rectify if it's sound from the PA or clarity of speaker.

It's not what you would call acceptable in E32 of the Dolman either Mark.

Would I be right in thinking that 3 different points of access to the PA are being used? 

Pre recorded.

Pitch side.

Someone else.

The bloke who is pitchside is almost fine (needs to be louder and clearer), but the other two are where the issue is. 

Might just be me, but there is no consistency across comms.

Would the pitchside bloke be better off with a headset that includes a stadium microphone rather than needing to remember to speak in to his handheld thingy? If that works, then maybe a similar bit of hardware could be used by the others.

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

It's not what you would call acceptable in E32 of the Dolman either Mark.

Would I be right in thinking that 3 different points of access to the PA are being used? 

Pre recorded.

Pitch side.

Someone else.

The bloke who is pitchside is almost fine (needs to be louder and clearer), but the other two are where the issue is. 

Might just be me, but there is no consistency across comms.

Would the pitchside bloke be better off with a headset that includes a stadium microphone rather than needing to remember to speak in to his handheld thingy? If that works, then maybe a similar bit of hardware could be used by the others.

You're absolutely right:  The PA has been fixed so the issue is clarity from the 1. Speaker or 2. Pre recording.   This is where we are trying to resolve 

6 minutes ago, Mkelly said:

You're absolutely right:  The PA has been fixed so the issue is clarity from the 1. Speaker or 2. Pre recording.   This is where we are trying to resolve 

Well maybe the answer isn't in expensive sound engineers, but with the quality/management of the devices they are using.

Be interesting to see if a quick fix of this nature might help. Guess it would be largely inexpensive, you also get to be pretend to be air traffic controllers/Madonna when you are playing about with it.

Whats not to like?

56 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Not sure if this would be useful but I recorded some of the sound on my phone this evening. The Lee Johnson interview you literally can't hear a thing. The other two were the music playing and some talking from Downsy which were ok to be fair. Happy to send them through to someone if that would be useful @Mkelly

Thanks. Yes please, we did the same again today 

At the back of S20:

• Pitchside - nearly audible but still not clear
  • Music - nearly silent
  • LJ interview - absolutely no clue what was said
  • Substitutions - no idea at all

I did notice that as I walked down the steps at half-time, the clarity of whatever was being said improved considerably. Maybe the speakers are too focused, or too many are pointing down to pitchside?

It's not the same issue but what has happened to the music this season? Not the choice of tracks but whoever is playing it in and out. The pre-match arrangement was a total mess tonight. PA issues aside we seem to have gone back so badly with this - maybe it's just more complex now with screens, interviews etc. And why announce the teams (for the second time) over the top of a song?

57 minutes ago, Xiled said:

At the back of S20:

• Pitchside - nearly audible but still not clear
  • Music - nearly silent
  • LJ interview - absolutely no clue what was said
  • Substitutions - no idea at all

I did notice that as I walked down the steps at half-time, the clarity of whatever was being said improved considerably. Maybe the speakers are too focused, or too many are pointing down to pitchside?

It's not the same issue but what has happened to the music this season? Not the choice of tracks but whoever is playing it in and out. The pre-match arrangement was a total mess tonight. PA issues aside we seem to have gone back so badly with this - maybe it's just more complex now with screens, interviews etc. And why announce the teams (for the second time) over the top of a song?

@Mkelly Give me a call.

Archived